JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arsenal Way.

5 posters

Go down

The Arsenal Way. Empty The Arsenal Way.

Post  jpr60 Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 pm

There were a lot of peed-off Gooners about the place yesterday, peed-off with poor referreeing/linesman "decisions" (and rightly so, I truly believe this season has seen the worst level of referreeing in the Premier League - let the poor bästards have the benefit of video to admit when they've made a mistake), peed off with poor finishing and the fact that virtually every goalkeeper that visits The Grove seems to have the game of his life.
Me, I'm more philosophical - it's The Arsenal Way. Whatever we win, we do it the hard way, leaving many fans climbing walls of frustration but, in the end we get there. This season has been full of missed opportunities - we've dropped 4 points to Sunderland alone, let alone the other games we've flunked. But we're still there.
It seems like young Jack Wilshere has the right attitude. When quizzed about the match yesterday he saw the half-full glass - "We've picked up a point on ManU" he said. Brilliant!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

The Arsenal Way. Empty Re: The Arsenal Way.

Post  Bedshammer Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Every team (well, most teams) suffers from poor refereeing decisions sometimes, not just Arsenal. And we can all turn a blind eye when the poor decisions go our way. We all get hit by injury, too. But I do wish Arsene would shut up once in a while, they even rolled him out on Friday to comment on Kolo Toure. Why?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Nobody aside from Mr Potato Head Bruce has mentioned Sunderland's superb defensive performance either.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Every team (well, most teams) suffers from poor refereeing decisions sometimes, not just Arsenal. And we can all turn a blind eye when the poor decisions go our way. We all get hit by injury, too. But I do wish Arsene would shut up once in a while, they even rolled him out on Friday to comment on Kolo Toure. Why?

I don't think I mentioned "just Arsenal" suffering from poor refereeing decisions - this season there seem to have been more than ever and yes, we all get injuries - glad we're in agreement there!
Arsene Wenger is extremely loyal and cares about his players/former players. That's why he came out to comment on the sort of person Toure is. I doubt his current manager even knows who he is!
I'd much rather hear from an intelligent person like Arsene Wenger than many of the simpletons we're forced to listen to if we're interested in football!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Nobody aside from Mr Potato Head Bruce has mentioned Sunderland's superb defensive performance either.

Sunderland played very well defensively - Arsene Wenger said as much.
I'd just like to see football played under controlled circumstances where, if the ref/linesman gets it wrong they can be referred to an action-replay. Nowadays we're forced (as is the ref) to have the replay being shown on giant screens which show the ref/linesman has made a serious mistake - instantly. It's en effin pain-in-the-'arris!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Agree regarding the officials, what about Halsey today. He gives a pen against Hutton today, yet dont send him off even though the bloke is in front of goal. Then Gomes drops a free kick and the ball goes in the net, so Halsey gives him a free kick. Total nonsense
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Yes, we can all see the problems but action needs to be taken to find a viable solution.
Maybe put the linesmen up in a room with the 4th ref and let them watch monitors and then relay to the ref on the pitch the correct decision via the ear piece?
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:11 am

Something must be done, that's for sure. Most other sports have a control feature that can be referred to when there is doubt. Poor old refs, who find it hard keeping up with the game anyway are forced to make split second decisions which, split seconds later can be shown as totally incorrect on the big screens in the grounds. Put it this way. If I'm paying upwards of £40 to watch a match I'm none too pleased to have my enjoyment ruined by archaic rules - bring the effin game into the 21st century for chrissake!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:06 pm

And that also now brings us to goal line technology that IS available.

Bring It On.........

Sepp Blatter belongs in the period before I was even born ! Laughing
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 pm

It gives us a talking point though.Mine is the fact that i had 3 quid on a roll up
Arsenal
everton
Leeds
Brighton
Fulham
QPR

So that fucking linesman cost me a few quid, the inept bastard.Should've had that bird running the line Mad
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:11 pm

QBVILLA wrote:It gives us a talking point though.Mine is the fact that i had 3 quid on a roll up
Arsenal
everton
Leeds
Brighton
Fulham
QPR

So that fucking linesman cost me a few quid, the inept bastard.Should've had that bird running the line Mad

Exactly what occurred to me QB - great minds and all that Wink

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 pm

jpr60 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:It gives us a talking point though.Mine is the fact that i had 3 quid on a roll up
Arsenal
everton
Leeds
Brighton
Fulham
QPR

Think it's known as pervy rather than great Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:23 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Arsenal
everton
Leeds
Brighton
Fulham
QPR

Think it's known as pervy rather than great Very Happy

Great! Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum