JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footballs Hardest Away Days

3 posters

Go down

Footballs Hardest Away Days Empty Footballs Hardest Away Days

Post  MrMagoo Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:04 pm

on Sky2 at the moment.
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Footballs Hardest Away Days Empty Re: Footballs Hardest Away Days

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Will it show us Villa fans getting kicked to shit at West Ham/man Cty/Utd/Leeds/Scouseland/Chelsea/Tottenham in the 70/80´s???

Look out for me I´m the really good looking one covered in blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Lionheart wrote:Will it show us Villa fans getting kicked to shit at West Ham/man Cty/Utd/Leeds/Scouseland/Chelsea/Tottenham in the 70/80´s???

Look out for me I´m the really good looking one covered in blood

You lot must have been 'orrible for everyone else to hate you so much.....
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Beds

The worst was your place - leaving aside the 1980 debacle when we were seriously mullered - a couple of years earlier I was in the goalmouth being shoved away by John Burrdge after we got kicked onto the pitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Lionheart wrote:Beds

The worst was your place - leaving aside the 1980 debacle when we were seriously mullered - a couple of years earlier I was in the goalmouth being shoved away by John Burrdge after we got kicked onto the pitch

I think I've said before that the violence of the 1970s stopped me going to games for some time. And I don't like being pissed on. I did go to Palace home games in 1981/2 with my ex, who was big enough to hide behind.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 pm

In the late 70´s/early 80´s all away games were dangerous but West Ham/Chelsea and Leeds were on a different level

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Lionheart wrote:In the late 70´s/early 80´s all away games were dangerous but West Ham/Chelsea and Leeds were on a different level

Millwall. Anywhere. Bastards.
Shocked
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:49 pm

Luckily we managed to avoid them for many years due to being in different divisions - however you would be failing in your duties if you did not accept that Upton Park was a terrifying place to go back then - certainly the ground were I have most often shit myself - luckily you got relegated in 79 so we thought we had a bit of respite - so we then draw you in the FA Cup and get seriously sorted out

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Lionheart wrote:Luckily we managed to avoid them for many years due to being in different divisions - however you would be failing in your duties if you did not accept that Upton Park was a terrifying place to go back then - certainly the ground were I have most often shit myself - luckily you got relegated in 79 so we thought we had a bit of respite - so we then draw you in the FA Cup and get seriously sorted out

I can't deny it at all. The ICF existed - I hope it goes without saying that I detested them. I'm sure there are still arseholes around today, but having been to every home game last season I can say with my hand on my heart that we saw very little trouble. It's nothing like it used to be.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Lionheart wrote:Luckily we managed to avoid them for many years due to being in different divisions - however you would be failing in your duties if you did not accept that Upton Park was a terrifying place to go back then - certainly the ground were I have most often shit myself - luckily you got relegated in 79 so we thought we had a bit of respite - so we then draw you in the FA Cup and get seriously sorted out

Strange how I somehow managed to miss any serious aggrevation in the late '60's-early '70's - I knew it was going on but I was never on the serious giving or receiving end (I think we were always mob-handed at the right time). I didn't travel to a lot of away matches outside of London but I never had a problem at Stamford Bridge or The Boleyn. White Hart Lane always promised a lot but there were usually more police on the streets after the game than fans. A few of my mates who went to all the away matches said the worst was Anfield - whilst the TV commentators were saying what a jolly sporting crowd Liverpool had, The Kop clapping their opponents etc etc you couldn't get within three miles of Anfield wearing your colours without getting seriously seen to.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:23 pm

JPR

Liverpool and Everton were both absolute shiteholes to go to - entering Stanley Park when you came out of the ground was the first act of assisted suicide - well before these Swiss clinics got into it

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Lionheart wrote:JPR

Liverpool and Everton were both absolute shiteholes to go to - entering Stanley Park when you came out of the ground was the first act of assisted suicide - well before these Swiss clinics got into it

I remember being seriously impressed by the hard-cases arriving at Highbury when Everton came to town, it would've been around 1960-61 - their fans all looked about 40 (to my eyes) but acted like young tearaways - it was my introduction to another race of human beings !

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum