JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last-chance run-in.

5 posters

Go down

Last-chance run-in. Empty Last-chance run-in.

Post  jpr60 Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:40 pm

I suppose I like where we are, not just the 3-points-behind-with-a-game-in-hand but where seemingly nobody gives us a hope of catching ManU/winning the title. It seems to be a general "Arsenal? No way!" - a bloke on the Guardian said that whilst on paper there's a possibility "it's Arsenal. Forget it. Chelsea or Man City have a better chance of winning the title".
Whilst this may prove to be true I kind of like the feeling that we're such massive underdogs yet in such an impressive position. OK, we've loads of injuries - perhaps even more than ManU - but I reckon it's a test of whether there is a fighting spirit behind the clever football, whether there is a determination in the squad. I said to my son that to beat ManU in the cup at Old Trafford we'd need some fighting spirit, a player to take hold of the game with some good, old-fashioned oomph. It didn't happen, clearly - it still could happen if one or two of the remaining players step up and get a grip in The Arsenal spirit. Whoever you are, now is your chance - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Last-chance run-in. Empty Re: Last-chance run-in.

Post  villanfromluton Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Man Ure have a lot of injury problems in defence, no way are Arsenal out of the equation yet.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:46 pm

We've got our injury problems and we've got our joke defending problems to contend with.
After today's match, which we might have won 2-1 (if we hadn't gifted WBA their two goals, OK, they also should've scored one from another chance) anything and I mean anything might happen!
With a defence like ours can be (depends on the wind direction, the sun, the temperature) we could lose every match between now and the end of the season. Third-choice 'keeper, third and fourth-choice centre-backs - what chance have we honestly got? At the same time we might just win all our remaining matches 4-3 - I have absolutely no idea. All I do know is that another nine matches like todays might just be the death of me!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 pm

I've taken to playing scenarios - here's one I like.
ManU are at the end of their tether. Playing in three competitions with a central defence that is now stretched to breaking point with players unavailable due to injuries/disciplinary action - points being dropped in key matches as Chelsea maintain their resurgency piling on the pressure whilst The Arsenal, meanwhile overcome their defensive frailties (the match at WBA was the watershed - things could only improve after that) and prove equal to the task of achieving maximum points through their remaining fixtures culminating in Premier League success, at last.
Yes, I like this one!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:02 pm

If Chelsea can beat Man U I fancy them to pull off a shock late title run. The gooners are no way out of it purely because Man U look very vulnerable too. I can see both of you dropping more points than you'd normally expect in these last 8 games so it could be an interesting one.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Its a massive ask for Chelsea to win all there games.. thye wont do it..

As for Arsenals title challenge... Almunia's error for two more dropped points answers it all!!!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:46 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Its a massive ask for Chelsea to win all there games.. thye wont do it..

As for Arsenals title challenge... Almunia's error for two more dropped points answers it all!!!!

Ades, who wins the title in FM2011? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:06 am

Reddi! wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Its a massive ask for Chelsea to win all there games.. thye wont do it..

Liverpool are in mine Mad

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:13 am

Reddi! wrote:

Ades has just text me to say that Villa are top of the league with his signings last summer of Ronaldho and Messi top scorers, with his midfield of Xavi, Iniesta and NRC being on top form throughout the season.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum