JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

martin oneil

+5
villainies
roadoftrinity
villanfromluton
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
gareth
9 posters

Go down

martin oneil Empty martin oneil

Post  gareth Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 pm

with alot of the villa fans crying for his head last season then his sudden departure at the start of this one surely it makes you wonder just how good a job the man was doing its abit like curbs when he was at charlton maybe he kept the team the best he could given the resources??

i dont think villa will go down but i cant help but feel if mon was still there they would be top 10 and clear by now.

does anyone else that the real problem is randy lerner "doin" a doug elis and being a tight fecker and hopeing the "youngsters" do the job??

before anyone says about the £24m spent on bent why didnt he just say to mon heres £50m go get 4th!!!!

i honestly think if mon had been given 50m he would have pushed on or atleast kept up with the likes of spurs and pool

gareth

Back to top Go down

martin oneil Empty Re: martin oneil

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:01 am

Think the problem is that if you gave him £50m he would still only have us in and around 6th, and it would take that every season which is unsustainable.

The main problem was that he would always buy English means inflated prices for anyone half decent. And when he fell out with a player it was out the door for nothing and another expensive replacement who was no better bought in.

for example Davies £9m only to go on and spend £8m on Cueller £6m on Dunne and another £6m on Collins, Shorey for £4.5m only to get pissed of at him get rid of him for peanuts and bring in Warnock for £6m.

Thats £39m on defence leaving us short of a back up LB and with 4 CB's to try and keep happy, and thats not even taking into account the RB fiasco, gets rid of Hughes for no reason leaving us without a RB and while Luke Young was available from a relegated boro for £2m he doesn't bother and decides to play our CB's there who was shite in the position, then 1 season later spends £6.5m on the same Luke Young that was so cheap only 12months earlier. After a solid season he gets annoyed at him and tries to offload him for less then £2m for no reason, and no doubt it would have taken another £7m to just bring in someone shiter then Young.

With mounting debt they obviously saw that we couldn't continue on that path and that we needed someone who could change the scouting system at villa clear out the overpaid and bring in some better quality from abroad, and I think if given enough time Houllier could perhaps achieve that, and thats probably why he is more suited to one of these Director of football roles, because its apparent that his tactics and management of the actual team is fucking shite.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:48 am

Talking with a few drinks, Houllier had Gerrard and Owen as his main men. AVFC you talk a lot of sense, but the fact remains is it MONs fault where we are. IMO far from it, though I would love to play this pretty football if it brought success. Houllier has to go IMHO
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 am

MON is partly to blame for the timing that he left us and we were stuck with such a shit
options for manager. Hence we got stuck with this twat.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:57 am

roadoftrinity wrote:MON is partly to blame for the timing that he left us and we were stuck with such a shit
options for manager. Hence we got stuck with this twat.

The timing was no accident.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:51 pm

From the moment he dropped us in the shit, this season was always going to be difficult. I must admit we are making it much more difficult for ourselves than I expected given some of the players we have. I thought we might might be a solid 9th or 10th which is of course still very achievable given the odd season everyone is having but two more losses in a row and we are right in the shit. Houllier is visibly struggling and its very difficult to pin point why. He has operated at the top of the game and is no fool but can't get this squad to gel and play football. We've had awful injury problems and need a full squad to pick from to survive but I'm sure we will. I don't want to see another manager in now but I hope Lerner is thinking very hard about next season. As for O'Neil, I look at the money he wasted and the squad he left us with and have to say he fucked us over. Coming 6th doesn't gloss over any of it.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:43 am

Eight games to go so there's still time to get out of it.Bring in Big Sam and get rid of Houllier and McAllister pronto.Long term i'd like to see us get a young up and coming manager like Paul lambert or Simon Grayson, but for the situation we're in Allardyce is the stand out candidate.Houllier should never have got the job, he's got a CV full of excuses.Foreign doesn't work at Villa.**** OFF HOULLIER
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 am

At least Aladyce would appreciate the job and respect Villa.

Anyway, reports today that Villa are still backing Houllier fully so looks like we are stuck with him.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:01 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:At least Aladyce would appreciate the job and respect Villa.

Anyway, reports today that Villa are still backing Houllier fully so looks like we are stuck with him.

Bents going to score 50 goals in the championship cheers

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 pm

He will be lucky to get 10 goals if plays like he has been.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:He will be lucky to get 10 goals if plays like he has been.

Its the way we are playing him, hoofing him the ball to win in the air and flick on (for no one) if we are playing that tactic it has to be someone like Heskey to win the ball and flick it on to Bent to score, he is a goalpoacher not a Carew like target man

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Gabby is bieng wasted and his confidence drained out on the wing!!

Why dont we play 4-4-2.. Bent with gabby or Heskey upfront.. Heskey was playing really well and now cant get a kick..

And for the love of God put Young back on the wing Mad the man is shit!! playing off the striker.. Delph and Makoun as the middle two.. 4-5-1 is shit!!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Houllier is not only clueless but also extremely arrogant.He's 63 so this is his last job.If he gets sacked he gets a nice payoff.He doesn't give a fcuk about the club.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:02 pm

Was this your work QB?

martin oneil Aston-villa-boss-gerard-houllier-is-under-intense-pressure-to-get-results-image-3-218179426

I know you lot like your banners down at Vile Park but come on, this is a pretty poor effort.

Embarrassing Embarassed

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 pm

No Tilts, it was not.I haven't been up Villa park for two seasons now.If that banner is in the same spot as the famous DOL one of a few years back then it's just above where i had my seat.If it wasn't for that Carling Cup there'd be banners at St Andrews as well.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Nah, we don't tend to do banners like your lot.

You even had one saying "Good Luck Arsenal" before the Cup Final Very Happy

Serious question: Considering the amount of banners you've made, how come they always look so shite?

You should be getting good at it by now Very Happy

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Tilton wrote:Nah, we don't tend to do banners like your lot.

You even had one saying "Good Luck Arsenal" before the Cup Final Very Happy

Serious question: Considering the amount of banners you've made, how come they always look so shite?

You should be getting good at it by now Very Happy

Yes all those banners hung in the same place everytime was the collective effort of 40,000 people Rolling Eyes

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Well that's even more embarrassing then.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:45 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Houllier is not only clueless but also extremely arrogant.He's 63 so this is his last job.If he gets sacked he gets a nice payoff.He doesn't give a fcuk about the club.

Whereas MON, who walked off 4 days before the season started was a real 'club' man. martin oneil 984839
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Tilton wrote:Well that's even more embarrassing then.

It must be great to go to a ground where there are no fans that are an embarrasment. Shocked

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Tilton wrote:Was this your work QB?

martin oneil Aston-villa-boss-gerard-houllier-is-under-intense-pressure-to-get-results-image-3-218179426

I know you lot like your banners down at Vile Park but come on, this is a pretty poor effort.

Embarrassing Embarassed

Lol, you can tell that the 'I' in Houllier was put in there at the last minute Embarassed
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:36 pm

I know. They must have thought that nobody would notice.... Very Happy

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:43 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Houllier is not only clueless but also extremely arrogant.He's 63 so this is his last job.If he gets sacked he gets a nice payoff.He doesn't give a fcuk about the club.

Whereas MON, who walked off 4 days before the season started was a real 'club' man. martin oneil 984839

Sleep
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum