JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocky remembered

+2
QBVILLA
jpr60
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rocky remembered Empty Rocky remembered

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Incredible, ten years ago today David Rocastle passed away at the age of 33!
He's a legend with Gooners - there'll be a minutes silence before the match against Blackburn on Saturday in his memory.
What a player he was and how sad to be taken away from family and friends at just 33 years of age.
Let's hope some of that Rocky Magic is there to spur on the club and the fans who loved him!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Rocky remembered Empty Re: Rocky remembered

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Remember him dying.Such a tragedy.His career nosedived when he left Arsenal for Leeds and he ended up playing for Hull.Most likely he was already suffering from cancer but didn't know at that stage.Brings it home to you that even professional athletes with top notch medical care can suffer cancer without it being diagnosed until it's too late.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Very low after that un-Rocky-like performance against Blackburn. Everyone takes the p!ss cos we've got a weak defence/useless keeper but even with a weak defence/useless keeper it was our attacking players that let us down yesterday. We kept a clean sheet but can't score - that's ridiculous.
Although I live in hope that we will finally play with a bit of guts, a touch of spirit to wipe out the memories of poor performances against the likes of Spurs, Newcastle, WBA and Blackburn I now fear that we could be on the way to total collapse in our remaining eight game. If the players can't do it when we're in with a chance of finally winning the big one, for themselves, for the club, for the fans, for the manager and for the ridiculous amounts of money they earn then what is the future?
A truly unbelievable situation - second in the league, every chance of catching the top team (until yesterday - although it ain't over yet, I'm sure) and worrying about the future! I don't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:01 am

jpr60 wrote:Very low after that un-Rocky-like performance against Blackburn. Everyone takes the p!ss cos we've got a weak defence/useless keeper but even with a weak defence/useless keeper it was our attacking players that let us down yesterday. We kept a clean sheet but can't score - that's ridiculous.
Although I live in hope that we will finally play with a bit of guts, a touch of spirit to wipe out the memories of poor performances against the likes of Spurs, Newcastle, WBA and Blackburn I now fear that we could be on the way to total collapse in our remaining eight game. If the players can't do it when we're in with a chance of finally winning the big one, for themselves, for the club, for the fans, for the manager and for the ridiculous amounts of money they earn then what is the future?
A truly unbelievable situation - second in the league, every chance of catching the top team (until yesterday - although it ain't over yet, I'm sure) and worrying about the future! I don't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that's it.Arsenal have finally cracked their most optimistic fan Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:54 am

As I've said before, Arsenal simply aren't good enough to compete at the top level.

Not good enough.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Sun 01/05/11 Eng Prem Arsenal v Man Utd 14:05 May
Sun 08/05/11 Eng Prem Man Utd v Chelsea 16:10 May

These two games are crucial for le'arse if the gooners can nick the points at home and Chelsea can beat them too , i don't see why arsenal cannot take them all the way to the wire tbh.

Arsenal have a fantastic squad and a very good chance of taking man utd all the way.

TBH i'd rather see a London team win the prem league ( excluding Chelsea ) But i still think the gunners can do it

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Should have tried harder to win the League Cup Whistle

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Should have tried harder to win the League Cup Whistle

Yes but it's only the League cup
I mean wh even let the minge's go through co'z wh could'nt be arsed ..

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Only a complete thicko would think that.

Oh..............

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Tilton wrote:As I've said before, Arsenal simply aren't good enough to compete at the top level.

Not good enough.

You may be right and yet every year we compete at "the top level", be it in England or in Europe. So I believe your "not good enough" makes no sense, or did I miss something?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Ok, not good enough to win anything then.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Tilton wrote:Ok, not good enough to win anything then.

Well, we've won quite a lot over the years - unbeaten for more than a domestic season not that long ago. I suggest your comment might be better phrased thus "Not good enough to win anything at the top level lately" - but, then again that's not really hard-hitting enough, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:39 am

jpr60 wrote:

Well, we've won quite a lot over the years - unbeaten for more than a domestic season not that long ago. I suggest your comment might be better phrased thus "Not good enough to win anything at the top level lately" - but, then again that's not really hard-hitting enough, eh?

No jpr he ie tilton is Just an Arrogant blue nosed idiot,,,the guy is a fool

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:54 am

Mark west ham man wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Stop bullying poor old Tilton Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:52 pm

jpr60 wrote:

Thanks for the pedantic suggestion, but you know full well that I'm talking about Arsenal not being good enough to win anything lately.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:21 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

I iant he dishes it out by calling jpr and arrogant tosser the other day...i like jpr...but could give a phuck about knuckles

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Thanks for the pedantic suggestion, but you know full well that I'm talking about Arsenal not being good enough to win anything lately.

Glad to see we agree on something. However, "Arsenal not being good enough to win anything lately" doesn't really carry any bite does it and I'm sure you were intending to be spiteful with your original, inaccurate comment?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Not intentionally, no.

It was a belief based on performances and results.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Mark west ham man wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

I iant he dishes it out by calling jpr and arrogant tosser the other day...i like jpr...but could give a phuck about knuckles

I appreciate the support Mark.
My experience is that those of us who choose to be - how shall I put this? - slack of lip - usually have reason to regret their excessive, er "generosity" in due course. A touch of "He who laughs last, laughs loudest" might well apply. I await the appropriate moment with a wry smile.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:02 pm

If you need support from the village idiot you might aswell give up now....

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:51 am

the only person in here with the retarded views and Opinions is you shit for brains,,,
Your Just a typical Birmingham supporter , no class, self opinionated thug with no morals and a big mouth..

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:20 am

Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:45 am

Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:00 am

[quote="Mark west ham man"]the only person in here with the retarded views and Opinions is you shit for brains,,,
Your Just a typical Birmingham supporter , no class, self opinionated thug with no morals and a big mouth..[/quote]

What about his bad points?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next