JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stan Kroenke

+3
villainies
jpr60
Bedshammer
7 posters

Go down

Stan Kroenke Empty Stan Kroenke

Post  Bedshammer Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:40 pm

SSN are reporting that he's in "advanced talks" to take control of the club and an announcement is expected tomorrow.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Stan Kroenke Empty Re: Stan Kroenke

Post  jpr60 Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:03 pm

If Stan Kroenke is really going to take over the club I just hope and pray he'll keep business running as usual.
AFC is a club that has been handled very well through a period of redevelopment and has an extremely positive future - hence the £900 million overall valuation of the club.
However there remains a question regarding the fanbase and this is common for the futuure of all football clubs. It's a simple question - do we want our actual fans to watch the matches, week-in, week-out, win or lose or do we aim for Big Money - the corporate buck?
I can well understand the way things have been going during the past few years in terms of the cost of watching our favourite teams, given the improvements/alterations/upgrading of facilities but I belive we've reached a watershed now. Either we're following the "Big Money at the gate" which depends on continuing success, which only so many clubs can hope to maintain or we're thinking that everyday fans are worth accomodating for the future.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:48 am

Hill Wood in 2007

"We don't need his money and don't need his sort. He knows sweet FA about our football."

Hill Wood in 2011

Kroenke has shown himself to be a man who values and respects the history and
traditions of this very special club that we cherish. We are confident
that he will be a safe custodian of its future.'
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 am

Very Happy

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:34 pm

JPR,

His bid values the club at a paltry £731 million.... I reckon he has seriously over paid at that price
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:37 pm

villainies wrote:Hill Wood in 2007

"We don't need his money and don't need his sort. He knows sweet FA about our football."

Hill Wood in 2011

Kroenke has shown himself to be a man who values and respects the history and
traditions of this very special club that we cherish. We are confident
that he will be a safe custodian of its future.'

There's been a lot of water under the bridge between 2007 and 2011 e.g. AFC saw Kroenke as a potential threat when he was initially showing interest in the club - unfortunately David Dein chose to try and smuggle in the American under the noses of the board, he was sussed and lost his position at the club.
Meanwhile Kroenke has bought into the club, showed himself to be a model business-man and not some fly-by-night billionaire who wanted to grab the club for himself (as we have seen happen to two or three other clubs in recent years), was offered a seat on the board and has behaved impeccably, maintaining that the way the club is run as being part of his plans for the future.
There'll be some changes, no doubt, particularly as regards commercial aspects and, try as I might I doubt that we'll see any dramatic moves towards encouraging us poor old fans price-wise, however I think he plans to work with the Arsenal Supporter's Trust which may give the true fans some say in the way to go for the future.
Yes, Arsenal won't be owned by Brits any more (it hasn't been for several years now, given that the major shareholders are foreign) but I believe Silent Stan to be the preferred owner, or major shareholder (the other bloke, Usmanov or whatever he's called is more of a nightmare IMO)!
plans for the future

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Fickle fecker Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:27 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:JPR,

His bid values the club at a paltry £731 million.... I reckon he has seriously over paid at that price

Add on the debt and that makes the valuation £900 million - cheap at half the price (whatever that means)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:53 pm

A sad day but still, it was bound to happen and I must say that Kroenke is by far the better of two evils.
We only pass the way of many other clubs, in a game that has changed beyond all recognition in the past few years and is becoming less and less enjoyable.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 pm

jpr60 wrote:

Add on the debt and that makes the valuation £900 million - cheap at half the price (whatever that means)!

Well you have that backwards... knock off the debt and it makes you worth about £540..... not a sum to be sneezed at though
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:22 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Well you have that backwards... knock off the debt and it makes you worth about £540..... not a sum to be sneezed at though

No, the shares have a value which (presumably) takes into account that there remains a debt - if the debt weren't in place the share value would be higher (again, presumably) by the total sum of the debt. Thus the overall valuation puts AFC at around the £900 million mark (share valuation plus debt), innit?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:41 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

No, the shares have a value which (presumably) takes into account that there remains a debt - if the debt weren't in place the share value would be higher (again, presumably) by the total sum of the debt. Thus the overall valuation puts AFC at around the £900 million mark (share valuation plus debt), innit?!

Cath's a nice lass but nevertheless a Spud. Might I suggest you use Noddy language, jpr, I think you'll find you get a better response. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:48 pm

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Cath's a nice lass but nevertheless a Spud. Might I suggest you use Noddy language, jpr, I think you'll find you get a better response. Very Happy

I could do "Bobbaplob Weed" but that's the Flowerpot men innit? D'you think she knows Flowerpot-Men-speak?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Nope thats still not right
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:05 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

I could do "Bobbaplob Weed" but that's the Flowerpot men innit? D'you think she knows Flowerpot-Men-speak?

yes just keep trying the pair of you.... you might say something funny one day
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Nope thats still not right

"Oh, please don't be nasty Big Ears" said Little Noddy.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

PMT? Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:39 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

PMT? Wink

Pre Madrid Tension? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum