JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsene Whinger?

+4
Bedshammer
jpr60
roadoftrinity
FrenchSpur
8 posters

Go down

Arsene Whinger? Empty Arsene Whinger?

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:38 am

Back to top Go down

Arsene Whinger? Empty Re: Arsene Whinger?

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 am

You've only just noticed ??? He's been at it for years
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 am

Wasn't their penalty in the 99th minute?

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:52 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Wasn't their penalty in the 99th minute?

Think so, plus for the free kick which proceeded the penalty, it took about a minute to get the wall back the correct distance.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:57 pm

The facts were that there was eight minutes of time added on, van Persie scored the Arsenal penalty in the 98th minute, leaving a few moments to complete the game. Wenger was, therefore complaining (or "Whingeing" as most of you like to call it) over the fact that the Liverpool equaliser came in the 102nd minute, asking where the three additional added-on minutes came from. Not sure if he's right to question it or not, but those are the facts.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:11 pm

jpr60 wrote:The facts were that there was eight minutes of time added on, van Persie scored the Arsenal penalty in the 98th minute, leaving a few moments to complete the game. Wenger was, therefore complaining (or "Whingeing" as most of you like to call it) over the fact that the Liverpool equaliser came in the 102nd minute, asking where the three additional added-on minutes came from. Not sure if he's right to question it or not, but those are the facts.

I understand the facts. However, how can he complain about a penalty in the 102nd minute, when Arsenal's goal came in the 98th minute. Maybe if the ref blew up after 97 minutes, he would complain that not enough time was added on.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Reddi! wrote:
jpr60 wrote:The facts were that there was eight minutes of time added on, van Persie scored the Arsenal penalty in the 98th minute, leaving a few moments to complete the game. Wenger was, therefore complaining (or "Whingeing" as most of you like to call it) over the fact that the Liverpool equaliser came in the 102nd minute, asking where the three additional added-on minutes came from. Not sure if he's right to question it or not, but those are the facts.

I understand the facts. However, how can he complain about a penalty in the 102nd minute, when Arsenal's goal came in the 98th minute. Maybe if the ref blew up after 97 minutes, he would complain that not enough time was added on.

The time added-on board came up showing eight minutes of extra time - hence Wenger's complaint.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:23 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

The time added-on board came up showing eight minutes of extra time - hence Wenger's complaint.

How much stoppage time was incurred by taking Arsenal's penalty?

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Reddi! wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

Van Persie scored in the 98th minute - that means kick-off, a couple of touches, final whistle. Liverpool had a long shot at goal which Szcesney collected - by my reckoning time was up then (hence the what was thought to be a last-ditch pot-shot from Liverpool). I don't see an additional 3 minutes added on as appropriate, but that's what happened.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:53 pm

But the penatly was actually given away 6 minutes into injury time.

By your reckoning, you could get a penalty at the at the start of half, take 45 minutes to take the pen, score and then the ref should blow up for the end of the half.

Last edited by roadoftrinity on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:03 pm

The confrontation between Wenger & Dalgleish had us howling with laughter. Brilliant.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Reddi! wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

Reddi, I'm surprised one of the more intelligent member of this forum is not au fait with the Rules of Football, tut tut. Very Happy Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Bedshammer wrote:The confrontation between Wenger & Dalgleish had us howling with laughter. Brilliant.

I'm sorry to have to say that as an Arsenal fan, I found that most embarassing.
Wenger has a point with the amount of injury time played as opposed to that added but what on earth was he doing appealing to Dalglish?
Liverpool had just got a point and Dalglish told Wenger in no uncertain terms to feck off!!! What did Arsene expect?
I think Wenger has done a fantastic job for The Arsenal. I don't want him to go.
I would however like him to look at his own antics which seem so childish, too often.
I also think that we have had the basis of a team, that with a bit of tweaking and some added experience, would have done much better. He needs to get rid of some of his young 'stars' who clearly have not trained on and are just not good enough for a PL squad.
We have thrown the league away this season because we have a 4 or 5 players who are just not up to it.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:56 pm

jak wrote:
Reddi! wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

Reddi, I'm surprised one of the more intelligent member of this forum is not au fait with the Rules of Football, tut tut. Very Happy Very Happy

If there is stoppages in stoppage time then time is added on for that Jak, If the taking of Arsenals penalty took 3 mins (i don't know if it did btw) then an extra 3 mins would be added making 11mins of stoppage time. If that was the case then there is nothing wrong with the timing of Liverpool's goal. (again I don't know if there was other stoppages)

We have to remember that the time held up on the board is the minimum amount of added on time to be played, not the maximum.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:47 am

jak wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:The confrontation between Wenger & Dalgleish had us howling with laughter. Brilliant.

I'm sorry to have to say that as an Arsenal fan, I found that most embarassing.
Wenger has a point with the amount of injury time played as opposed to that added but what on earth was he doing appealing to Dalglish?
Liverpool had just got a point and Dalglish told Wenger in no uncertain terms to feck off!!! What did Arsene expect?
I think Wenger has done a fantastic job for The Arsenal. I don't want him to go.
I would however like him to look at his own antics which seem so childish, too often.
I also think that we have had the basis of a team, that with a bit of tweaking and some added experience, would have done much better. He needs to get rid of some of his young 'stars' who clearly have not trained on and are just not good enough for a PL squad.
We have thrown the league away this season because we have a 4 or 5 players who are just not up to it.

Sometimes, Arsene can be very French, for want of a better word. The first time I noticed this was the silliness with Pardew. He's an ungracious loser and I think takes himself very seriously - you're right about the squad. Maybe if he'd been a bit more flexible the trophies would have been yours.

But having a go at Dalglish.........
Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:58 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
jak wrote:
Reddi! wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

If there is stoppages in stoppage time then time is added on for that Jak, If the taking of Arsenals penalty took 3 mins (i don't know if it did btw) then an extra 3 mins would be added making 11mins of stoppage time. If that was the case then there is nothing wrong with the timing of Liverpool's goal. (again I don't know if there was other stoppages)

We have to remember that the time held up on the board is the minimum amount of added on time to be played, not the maximum.

Indeed.In our 3-2 win at Goodison Lescott made it 2-2 in the dying seconds.The ref (god bless him) added on the time for lescott's celebration and Young then went on to score the winner.
Any manager would have moaned in that situation because it went against his team, though what Wenger thought he'd achieve by appealing to his opposite number is anyone's guess.I agree with jak, Arsenal have handed the title to Manure this season, they've lost far too many points from a winning position for a side who is pushing for the league.Losing home games against two of the promoted sides in particular is not the stuff of champions and as great a manager Wenger is he has IMO cost them the title with his stubborness to go out and buy a top class centre half and goalkeeper.Man U have always had good kids in their side but Fergie has also gone out and added a big signing season after season.For example I can't see fergie replacing Van Der Sar with anything but a top class 'keeper.There are sides in the bottom six who have better 'keepers and centre halves than Arsenal, something you can't level at Man U,Man City,Chelsea or even Spurs.Wenger obviously knows more about football than us mere mortals so it can't be anything but bloody mindedness.I admire him for having his ideals BUT he needs an assistant who is more forceful than Pat Rice to be more flexible.Another season where the likes of Fabregas and Nasri once again finish without a medal will only fuel the speculation of big transfer deals away to top european clubs.Both chelsea and man City will IMO be stronger next season which will make it that little bit harder to win the title.Wenger needs to tweak things or it isn't inconceivable to think they can finish outside of the CL positions.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 am

The ref had to make 3 big decisions at the business end of a massive match. Fair play to him he got all three spot on and dealt with Wenger approaching him on the pitch to abuse him.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 pm

villainies wrote:The ref had to make 3 big decisions at the business end of a massive match. Fair play to him he got all three spot on and dealt with Wenger approaching him on the pitch to abuse him.

I don't think Wenger abused the ref - if he did he'll pay a punishment cos the ref will report it. What Wenger probably did was question the time-keeping which, under the circumstances is understandable IMO. Too late, of course, but understandable.
By the way, I spoke to a couple of jubilant Pool fans after the match - they were well pleased (they reacted as if they'd won the match, us Gooners felt as if we'd lost it) but added that in their opinion Lucas had gone down for the pen, knowing he wasn't about to reach the ball and that he had an Arsenal player right behind him, he just stopped and let Eboue run into him. Fair play to them for admitting it too!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Can someone post a link to a video of it, I can't find one. I thought it was as clear as a penalty could be.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum