JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bendtner wants out

4 posters

Go down

Bendtner wants out Empty Bendtner wants out

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:40 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_6967116,00.html

Looks like he wants a move... Will you be sad to see him go or is he the waste of space that he seems to be ??
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Bendtner wants out Empty Re: Bendtner wants out

Post  jpr60 Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:46 pm

At first he reminded me of John Radford who was a galloping striker who came into the team as a youngster in the '60's and took a lot of stick from the crowd for being a bit clumsy. Radford came on in leaps and bounds and became one of the legends from the first "double" team whereas Bendtner doesn't seem to have improved. He's had his moments and scored some key goals - perhaps if he'd netted that late chance against Barca he'd have become a super-hero, instead he's just drifted out of the squad. I've no doubt he'll score goals wherever he plays, it's just that you might have to put up with him lumbering around for a lot of the time too - anyway, good luck Niklass - you know you're a super-striker after all!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:10 pm

He's had a bit of a raw deal at The Arsenal. Not played a lot and when he has he's played way out of position.
His goal return for us has always been pretty good against matches played and he's still only 23.
I think it's better for him that he moves on, Wenger will never play a style that suits him.
We'll see how he does elsewhere, that will be interesting.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:55 am

jak wrote:He's had a bit of a raw deal at The Arsenal. Not played a lot and when he has he's played way out of position.
His goal return for us has always been pretty good against matches played and he's still only 23.
I think it's better for him that he moves on, Wenger will never play a style that suits him.
We'll see how he does elsewhere, that will be interesting.

I hope he does well. He's not short of confidence and a move to Germany might prove interesting for him - I certainly wish him all the best and lots of goals - not against us!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 am

Looks like Nasri will be leaving too and Inter look like mounting an audacious bid for fabregas. Worrying times to be a gooner

Internazionale_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:10 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Looks like Nasri will be leaving too and Inter look like mounting an audacious bid for fabregas. Worrying times to be a gooner

I'm not at all worried. I am optimistic. We need a shake up.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Looks like Nasri will be leaving too and Inter look like mounting an audacious bid for fabregas. Worrying times to be a gooner

If Fabregas goes it will be to Barca. If Nasri leaves it will be because we haven't offered him enough dosh.
I was pretty sure Fabregas would leave at the end of the season anyway (although I still hope he won't) - I'm disappointed that Nasri is prepared to leave, I had him down as a touch more loyal than that. I know loyalty doesn't play a big part with today's footballers but I figured that, with Nasri improving he'd at least stay with us a while longer to become the complete player before moving on.
It occurred to me today that if we are to lose our best players we may well be heading back in the direction of being a good club to support (for us Gooners) but not a great club. I thought we were heading towards being a great club with the new stadium, the regular Champions League etc.
In which case, if it's gonna be like the old days I wanna go back to Highbury (stamps feet and pouts) - it's not fair (before bursting into uncontrollable sobbing) !

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:39 pm

jpr60 wrote:

If Fabregas goes it will be to Barca. If Nasri leaves it will be because we haven't offered him enough dosh.
I was pretty sure Fabregas would leave at the end of the season anyway (although I still hope he won't) - I'm disappointed that Nasri is prepared to leave, I had him down as a touch more loyal than that. I know loyalty doesn't play a big part with today's footballers but I figured that, with Nasri improving he'd at least stay with us a while longer to become the complete player before moving on.
It occurred to me today that if we are to lose our best players we may well be heading back in the direction of being a good club to support (for us Gooners) but not a great club. I thought we were heading towards being a great club with the new stadium, the regular Champions League etc.
In which case, if it's gonna be like the old days I wanna go back to Highbury (stamps feet and pouts) - it's not fair (before bursting into uncontrollable sobbing) !

I read that Nasri was looking for assurances about where he would be played if Fabregas left, so it's possible if Fabregas goes, Nasri will stay, if he is given the Fabregas role.
Whatever way, I'm looking at a team with too many prima donnas and not enough passion for my beloved Arsenal.
So if they don't want to put the effort in they can get on their bikes, they aint so good that we've won anything anyway and with another couple of months of our end of season form we'd have been challenging for the Championship.
We need some blood and guts!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:56 pm

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

I read that Nasri was looking for assurances about where he would be played if Fabregas left, so it's possible if Fabregas goes, Nasri will stay, if he is given the Fabregas role.
Whatever way, I'm looking at a team with too many prima donnas and not enough passion for my beloved Arsenal.
So if they don't want to put the effort in they can get on their bikes, they aint so good that we've won anything anyway and with another couple of months of our end of season form we'd have been challenging for the Championship.

Jack Wilshere's got the right spirit. If only we could find a couple more like him. Henri Lansbury? I'm not sure, meanwhile I would still like Fabregas and Nasri to stay (if they want to, if they don't they can feck off right now)!
Why oh why didn't we make the breakthrough this past season. I remember feeling extremely optimistic at the beginning of the season, Nasri and Walcott were looking sharp, Chamakh looked the business and Vermaelen was only going to be out for ten days or so - plus we had a proper home kit for a change, one that looked like we were The Arsenal!
Can't help it, I'm going through a delayed-reaction misery - I wanna go back to Highbury!!!!!!!!!!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Jack Wilshere's got the right spirit. If only we could find a couple more like him. Henri Lansbury? I'm not sure, meanwhile I would still like Fabregas and Nasri to stay (if they want to, if they don't they can feck off right now)!
Why oh why didn't we make the breakthrough this past season. I remember feeling extremely optimistic at the beginning of the season, Nasri and Walcott were looking sharp, Chamakh looked the business and Vermaelen was only going to be out for ten days or so - plus we had a proper home kit for a change, one that looked like we were The Arsenal!
Can't help it, I'm going through a delayed-reaction misery - I wanna go back to Highbury!!!!!!!!!!

The reason we didn't make the breakthrough this year was because we failed to address the weaknesses that have been staring us in the face for the past few seasons. We won nothing in those seasons so why should we have won anything this season? The problem is it's the best players that get frustrated, the weak in our squad are happy to go through the motions and walk away with their too fat pay cheque.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum