JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking forward.

+4
villanfromluton
FrenchSpur
jak
jpr60
8 posters

Go down

Looking forward. Empty Looking forward.

Post  jpr60 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm looking forward to the new season already. I don't know if we'll have Captain Cesc at the helm, or if Samir Nasri will have decided to stay, I've just got an early dose of PSE (pre-season excitement). TBH it happens every year and, for me I've always got this urge (no, not THAT urge) to see certain players in action again. This time around I'm looking forward to seeing RvP plus Young Jack in action, in tandem - I'm thinking we're gonna see some great stuff from these two in the coming season. Bring it on!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Looking forward. Empty Re: Looking forward.

Post  jak Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 pm

I'll feel a lot happier when I'm sure I won't have to watch Denilson and Rosicky in an Arsenal shirt again.
OOOOH!!!!! I just had a pre-season shudder. Shocked

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 pm

jpr60 wrote:I'm looking forward to the new season already. I don't know if we'll have Captain Cesc at the helm, or if Samir Nasri will have decided to stay, I've just got an early dose of PSE (pre-season excitement). TBH it happens every year and, for me I've always got this urge (no, not THAT urge) to see certain players in action again. This time around I'm looking forward to seeing RvP plus Young Jack in action, in tandem - I'm thinking we're gonna see some great stuff from these two in the coming season. Bring it on!

That will be the crabs then.... you ought to get something for that. Shocked Shocked
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:15 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:I'm looking forward to the new season already. I don't know if we'll have Captain Cesc at the helm, or if Samir Nasri will have decided to stay, I've just got an early dose of PSE (pre-season excitement). TBH it happens every year and, for me I've always got this urge (no, not THAT urge) to see certain players in action again. This time around I'm looking forward to seeing RvP plus Young Jack in action, in tandem - I'm thinking we're gonna see some great stuff from these two in the coming season. Bring it on!

That will be the crabs then.... you ought to get something for that. Shocked Shocked

What can you recommend for crabs, Cath?
I heard a bottle top on a piece of string can be quite effective.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:24 am

RVP is a great player, but he does miss a few games doesnt he jpr?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:08 am

jak wrote:I'll feel a lot happier when I'm sure I won't have to watch Denilson and Rosicky in an Arsenal shirt again.

Did he run your dog over? Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:16 am

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

What can you recommend for crabs, Cath?
I heard a bottle top on a piece of string can be quite effective.

The doctors would be best... I hear it can be quite serious. Laughing
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:26 am

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:I'll feel a lot happier when I'm sure I won't have to watch Denilson and Rosicky in an Arsenal shirt again.

He didn't have to, I feckin hate the tosser.
How could he play over 100 games for The Arsenal when he's got less ability than many Conference players? scratch Huh Tosspot

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:27 am

villanfromluton wrote:

RVP is a great player, but he does miss a few games doesnt he jpr?

Oh yes! It'd be nice to think he could play a whole season without injury - imagine the stats - but he's one of those players who gets stuck in and he picks up a lot of knocks - fingers crossed, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:32 am

RVP gives his all. A great player. He's been very unlucky with injuries. Fingers crossed indeed.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:44 am

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

He didn't have to, I feckin hate the tosser.
How could he play over 100 games for The Arsenal when he's got less ability than many Conference players? scratch Huh Tosspot

Laughing Love it
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:29 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

Speaking words of wisdom eh, Frenchie - bin there done that is it?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:31 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

No not me..... just anecdotal knowledge... Laughing Laughing
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:51 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

No not me..... just anecdotal knowledge... Laughing Laughing

Yeah, right!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 am

It's the seats at WHL, infested you know.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 am

Would it be fair to say without Cesc the likelihood of Arsenal winning the league is minimal?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 pm

villainies wrote:

Would it be fair to say without Cesc the likelihood of Arsenal winning the league is minimal?

This is The Arsenal board, we don't do silly on here. Now what's your point? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:08 pm

jak wrote:
villainies wrote:

This is The Arsenal board, we don't do silly on here. Now what's your point? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It was a question about Arsenal's chances of winning the league without the services of the best player on the books should he leave to go to Barca?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:08 pm

jak wrote:
villainies wrote:

Your not going to win anything basically.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm

I suppose that would depend in part on who they got to replace him, wouldn't it?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm

meh

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:07 pm

As I believe I've stated on this board before I always thought that last season was Cesc's finale at The Arsenal. What should have happened was that we won a significant piece of silverware, what actually happened was we won nowt (did you notice?). Cesc has been a great player to watch and appears to be a thoroughly good bloke into the bargain - I love the little fella! If/when he leaves to rejoin his boyhood club I'm sure most Gooners will wish him well and have only thanks for his efforts in red'n white. I'm just sad that he couldn't have won stuff as Arsenal captain - he deserved to and, meanwhile has had to put up with injuries and the like which made what was probably his final season with us disappointing.
However - the question posed suggests that without Fabregas we've got little (or no) chance of winning anything next season. I would counter that with, assuming we bring in a couple of decent players, we've won nowt with Cesc as captain, maybe his departure will signal a change of luck and overall team-performance! Having said that I'd much prefer to have Cesc still in the squad for next season - only if his heart was in it though and, TBH I think he knew last season was his last season in London.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:45 pm

jpr60 wrote:As I believe I've stated on this board before I always thought that last season was Cesc's finale at The Arsenal. What should have happened was that we won a significant piece of silverware, what actually happened was we won nowt (did you notice?). Cesc has been a great player to watch and appears to be a thoroughly good bloke into the bargain - I love the little fella! If/when he leaves to rejoin his boyhood club I'm sure most Gooners will wish him well and have only thanks for his efforts in red'n white. I'm just sad that he couldn't have won stuff as Arsenal captain - he deserved to and, meanwhile has had to put up with injuries and the like which made what was probably his final season with us disappointing.
However - the question posed suggests that without Fabregas we've got little (or no) chance of winning anything next season. I would counter that with, assuming we bring in a couple of decent players, we've won nowt with Cesc as captain, maybe his departure will signal a change of luck and overall team-performance! Having said that I'd much prefer to have Cesc still in the squad for next season - only if his heart was in it though and, TBH I think he knew last season was his last season in London.

I would've thought the reason Arsenal have missed out is more down to not getting the right players in to support cesc. If he goes he will obviously be very tough/almost impossible to replace at that level but the players that were missing last year also need to be found. If he stays though, Arsenal aren't that far away from being top notch.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:As I believe I've stated on this board before I always thought that last season was Cesc's finale at The Arsenal. What should have happened was that we won a significant piece of silverware, what actually happened was we won nowt (did you notice?). Cesc has been a great player to watch and appears to be a thoroughly good bloke into the bargain - I love the little fella! If/when he leaves to rejoin his boyhood club I'm sure most Gooners will wish him well and have only thanks for his efforts in red'n white. I'm just sad that he couldn't have won stuff as Arsenal captain - he deserved to and, meanwhile has had to put up with injuries and the like which made what was probably his final season with us disappointing.

I would've thought the reason Arsenal have missed out is more down to not getting the right players in to support cesc. If he goes he will obviously be very tough/almost impossible to replace at that level but the players that were missing last year also need to be found. If he stays though, Arsenal aren't that far away from being top notch.

I would agree that The Arsenal are not far from being top notch and I trust the manager to do whatever is necessary to ensure we start the new season with every chance of winning the title. We should have won it last season, God knows we were right up there in winning positions - we beat ManU, City and Chelsea in the league, we came verrrry close to beating Barca over two legs - but, as we know, the wheels fell off. Arsene's job this summer is to get the required stuff in place to keep the wheels on next time around!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum