JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best goal ever

2 posters

Go down

Best goal ever Empty Best goal ever

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:30 pm

villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Best goal ever Empty Re: Best goal ever

Post  villainies Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Completely under rated that side. That was a tasty midfield.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Villainies, it was a top side, but still think the team of 76/77 were more exciting to watch. Won the league cup, 6th round of the FA Cup and ended up finishing 4th due to fixture congestion. Had one of my favourite ever players, Alex Cropley in the team that season. Andy Gray was brilliant that season as well . How the fcek did Dennis Mortimer never get capped for England
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:59 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Villainies, it was a top side, but still think the team of 76/77 were more exciting to watch. Won the league cup, 6th round of the FA Cup and ended up finishing 4th due to fixture congestion. Had one of my favourite ever players, Alex Cropley in the team that season. Andy Gray was brilliant that season as well . How the fcek did Dennis Mortimer never get capped for England

Before my time the 76/77 team. The league winnning team are my first proper football memories but that midfield was class. I don't think they get the recognition they deserved outside of Birmingham ,
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Cowans was far better than given credit for, brilliant player. Mortimer was a perfect foil for him and how he never played for England was a disgrace. Bremner on the right was a workhorse, never stopped running and great team player. On the left, Tony Morley made loads of goals for Withe and Shaw. Amazing we only used 14 players the season we won the league, lucky with injuries
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum