JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negativity.

+2
jak
jpr60
6 posters

Go down

Negativity. Empty Negativity.

Post  jpr60 Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:53 pm

I continue to be amazed at how many so-called Arsenal fans are rubbing their collective hands with glee, with comments like "I've advertised my tickets for the Liverpool game and nobody wants them", "This is the beginning of the end for Wenger - hurrah!" which follow on the "catastrophic" results that Arsenal have had thus far, 0-0 at Newcastle, 1-0 in the CL qualifier with Udinese. Now of course Arsenal may lose 2-0 or 3-1 (or worse) in Italy, may indeed lose at home to Liverpool tomorrow but, on the other hand, two clean sheets (with the rubbish defence we've got?), a 1-0 advantage to take to a second leg - I mean, so far, so good in my book.
I understand The Sun was the only "newspaper" to actually write off Arsenal's hopes in the CL qualifier, referring to Wenger as a Mr (Has) Bean figure and the team's performance as woeful (although they did report the score, without, apparently really mentioning we'd won). OK, perhaps the miserable Gooners all read The Sun, in which case their judgement is impaired.
Me? I'm looking forward to a win tomorrow and a couple of new players coming in - I feel good!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Negativity. Empty Re: Negativity.

Post  jak Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:45 am

I take your point , jpr and those comments don't come from true Arsenal fans.
Along with negativity can come denial though.
The whole situation at The Arsenal HAS, undeniably, been mismanaged. A shambles!!
The club seems to be like a rudderless ship, floundering in a storm.
I've said before that I don't think Wenger has the correct backup. I can't stand Dein for the way he left the club but he was hundreds of times better than this Gazidis, who the **** is he? What's he done in football?
I've also said I don't want Wenger to go and I don't, I can't see a better man available.
We are though, in a very precarious position and we need to kick arse to get it sorted!!!!!

Come on you Gunners!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:23 am

Well, the spirit was there but the luck and ability were missing. It all seems a bit "Early Wenger", players getting sent off, people having a go at The Arsenal - I just hope and trust that Arsene will pull some of that old magic out of the bag with a couple of tasty tranfers IN - we've seen the OUTS!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:36 am

I watched MOTD last night and from the highlights i'd say the scoreline flattered Liverpool.However the players that should be stepping up to the mark ie RVP and Walcott were hopeless.Frimpong did well but the tackle that got his second yellow was worthy of a straight red, absolutely disgraceful.Wenger has to be accountable as Frimpong had committed a foul which should have seen a second yellow minutes before.Wenger said something along the lines of it being youthful exhuberance which once again makes him look a hypocrite.He's got the get the chequebook out and pretty sharpish as top 4 isn't the foregone conclusion it's been for the last 15yrs.A centre half to play alongside the impressive Vermaelen has to be the priority and i'd add a left back, two midfielders and a striker to that.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 am

United won the title and added three players before season started yet Wenger saw Arsenal collapse last season and still didn't get in a CB CM at the very min.. That's before looking to replace Fabregas Clichy and maybe Nasri..

I just can't see five players rocking up at Arsenal by end of August..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Its not negativity its reality, a concept that some gooners fail to grasp. All is not well at AFC, I don't know if the club aren't supporting Wenger or he is just being a massive cock or a bit of both but the fans have got to ask questions. Man City/ Liverpool/ Spurs will be leaving Arsenal behind if they don't get serious quickly.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:21 pm

This is only conjecture on my part, but I don't think Arsene is very good at admitting he's got things wrong. Which means he won't be very good at fixing things.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:08 pm

As things stand I think we have to admit that we cannot and never have been able to compete with clubs run by billionaires with lots to spend. Abramovich was the first, he came in and spent loadsa dosh and bought trophies (he's still doing that), now the serious competitiors at ManC have come in and appear ready to buy everybody (OK, much as Abramovich did at first). Unless concrete ground-rules are made to make sure clubs are run on an even keel - a level playing field (i.e. money made through the football business = money allowed to be spent on players/wages etc) this situation will remain. UEFA have tried to introduce something, ManC have side-stepped that by obtaining £400M naming rights for their stadium (from within the family) which, unless declared unnaceptable will ensure they'll continue to have money left to burn for a while yet.
Arsenal can spend between £50-90M on new players and still be way behind the aforementioned big-spenders (not to mention ManU and, recently Liverpool) so in pure logical terms I'm not sure what Wenger is supposed to have done wrong. He's won trophies, he's introduced players who've proved to be exceptional (not to mention what he brought to English football in general) and overseen a transformation of AFC in terms of training and stadium facilities - something other clubs are still squabbling about.
Now, we've lost our captain - he's been with us for eight years and many of us would've been happier were he to have remained another eight and we're about to lose another key player to a club who have obviously tapped him up and offered to more than double his weekly earnings. I find it hard to blame AFC, Wenger or indeed the player in such circumstances. Wenger now has to try to fix the holes by using facilities at his command and players he can bring in. It would have been nice if those new players were already on board but that's the way of the transfer windows, 25% of movement happens in the final week.
Wenger is paid to bear the brunt of being the top football man at AFC - he's received a lot of (often grudging) respect and praise for his past achievements, he's now getting the (too-eager IMO) criticism. I trust he'll withstand the current storm of aggression and bounce back with the necessary tools to ensure The Arsenal maintain their position in English football.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum