JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luck

5 posters

Go down

Luck Empty Luck

Post  mikey Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Must be the most unluckiest club at the moment.

First Frimpong gets sent off, a really rubbish goal and harsh on the Miquel and Ramsey lads, and now Jenkinson is gone down!

Chin up, eh?

mikey

Back to top Go down

Luck Empty Re: Luck

Post  Ringo Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 pm

They have a player called 'Arse Shaving' that is having a good game.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Frimpong's sending off had nothing to do with luck. Could have easily shattered bones. Wonder what our resident Cyclops's will have to say about it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Frimpong Bedsy
Name make me Bedsy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:30 am

Manu Frimpong is a new hero. Of course he deserved to go for that horrible challenge - a straight red IMO but he didn't deserve the first yellow cos he thought it was an Arsenal throw-in - it should have been but the linesman/ref got it wrong. Frimpong looks the business though, powerful, confidence and skillful - a more dynamic player than Song IMO.
Certainly can't claim to be "Lucky Arsenal" these days - hopefully "what goes around comes around" and we'll get lucky as the season progresses. We have to get through in the CL match on Tuesday and we have to get a couple of new faces in before 31st August - I maintain my trust in Arsene to get the job done.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:38 am

jpr60 wrote:Manu Frimpong is a new hero. Of course he deserved to go for that horrible challenge - a straight red IMO but he didn't deserve the first yellow cos he thought it was an Arsenal throw-in - it should have been but the linesman/ref got it wrong. Frimpong looks the business though, powerful, confidence and skillful - a more dynamic player than Song IMO.
Certainly can't claim to be "Lucky Arsenal" these days - hopefully "what goes around comes around" and we'll get lucky as the season progresses. We have to get through in the CL match on Tuesday and we have to get a couple of new faces in before 31st August - I maintain my trust in Arsene to get the job done.

Lack of professionlism, just a week after Song and Gervinho cost the team with their petulance.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:47 am

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Manu Frimpong is a new hero. Of course he deserved to go for that horrible challenge - a straight red IMO but he didn't deserve the first yellow cos he thought it was an Arsenal throw-in - it should have been but the linesman/ref got it wrong. Frimpong looks the business though, powerful, confidence and skillful - a more dynamic player than Song IMO.

Lack of professionlism, just a week after Song and Gervinho cost the team with their petulance.

Sure but I'd rather players stand up and show they care than mope about doing nowt (that doesn't include Song who got his just deserts for acting like a twat) - of course they'll learn (although Song apparently hasn't and he's been around a while now) and be better for their mistakes.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 am

They can show they care without getting themselves booked for petulance.I know it's a different level but if any of my lads give dissent to the ref or linesmen I immediately sub them.Hasn't happened for 18 months now so it would appear that by the age of 12 my lads have learnt.No excuse IMO for a booking for dissent
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:21 am

QBVILLA wrote:They can show they care without getting themselves booked for petulance.I know it's a different level but if any of my lads give dissent to the ref or linesmen I immediately sub them.Hasn't happened for 18 months now so it would appear that by the age of 12 my lads have learnt.No excuse IMO for a booking for dissent

Totally agree with you - in my book if you're gonna get punished at least make sure your opponents suffer too (but that's a bit of old-fashioned thinking) - I don't think Frimpong was petulant, he was just facing down Henderson, expecting him to deliver the ball, thinking (rightly) that it was an Arsenal throw although the ref/linesman didn't agree. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by Frimpong and I'm now anticipating a great future for the lad.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:30 am

We all know that the final fact is that football is a sport.
I admire QB for indoctrinating this into the younger lads that are formed as a team in his charge.
I strongly feel that cheating and gamesmanship is learned at a young age and the problem is because of their heroes they watch in the league every week.

Until the managers and the officials really start to clamp down, it will continue.
My pet hate, along with many others on here, is 'Shirt Pulling'.
If they start to clamp down on that offence the rest will begin to take shape.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum