JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nasri

+6
jak
roadoftrinity
FrenchSpur
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
jpr60
Bedshammer
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nasri - Page 2 Empty Re: Nasri

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:36 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Shows how badly Liverpool overpaid for downing, Nasri is a far better player.

He is, however he was in the final 12 months of his contract and there was only Man City who would pay that amount for a player they could have got for nothing in 12 months or indeed a nominal fee in January.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:40 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Shows how badly Liverpool overpaid for downing, Nasri is a far better player.

He is, however he was in the final 12 months of his contract and there was only Man City who would pay that amount for a player they could have got for nothing in 12 months or indeed a nominal fee in January.

What a crazy situation.
What a get out of jail card for The Arsenal, having cocked up 'again' with contract negotiations.
Though I suppose the word 'contract', in footballing terms, is a bit of a meaningless joke these days.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:20 am

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

What a crazy situation.
What a get out of jail card for The Arsenal, having cocked up 'again' with contract negotiations.
Though I suppose the word 'contract', in footballing terms, is a bit of a meaningless joke these days.

yeah just look at Modric.... just signed a 5 year deal and now wants to move.. its just pathetic and he isnt actually wanting to move to a decent club just a wealthy one.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:10 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

What a crazy situation.

yeah just look at Modric.... just signed a 5 year deal and now wants to move.. its just pathetic and he isnt actually wanting to move to a decent club just a wealthy one.

Of course it's money that's turned his head but these are grown ups who should learn that signing on the dotted line actually means something.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:14 am

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

What a crazy situation.

Of course it's money that's turned his head but these are grown ups who should learn that signing on the dotted line actually means something.

I agree. The clubs are expected to abide by the agreement so why not the players too??
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

What a crazy situation.

He wants to leave for a club who are in the champions league every season and actually have a chance of winning trophys, on top of that he gets a pay rise. Who wouldnt want that?

Internazionale_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

What a crazy situation.

He wants to leave for a club who are in the champions league every season and actually have a chance of winning trophys, on top of that he gets a pay rise. Who wouldnt want that?

There is a huge difference between wanting something and signing a legal contact isn't there... I want to win the lottery but it doesnt mean it is going to happen does it.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Contracts dont matter in football, we know that. Point is im sure most people would want the move if they was in Modric's shoes. Its a no brainer IMO

Internazionale_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Contracts dont matter in football, we know that. Point is im sure most people would want the move if they was in Modric's shoes. Its a no brainer IMO

Well contacts do matter. The clubs still have to pay players when they are injured because of the contact. Modric broke his leg early on at Spurs and he was still collecting his money I didnt notice him moaning that want fair then...

The player should stick to the contact he has signed. If he wants to leave then the club should be in agreement with that. If not then he should get on and play to the best of his ability..
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:39 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:Contracts dont matter in football, we know that. Point is im sure most people would want the move if they was in Modric's shoes. Its a no brainer IMO

Well contacts do matter. The clubs still have to pay players when they are injured because of the contact. Modric broke his leg early on at Spurs and he was still collecting his money I didnt notice him moaning that want fair then...

The player should stick to the contact he has signed. If he wants to leave then the club should be in agreement with that. If not then he should get on and play to the best of his ability..

I agree however Modric claims your chairman promised him he'd let him leave if a big club came knocking before he signed his new contract. If he feels the chairman has gone back on his promise then he has every right to be moaning and wanting a move even more now.

Internazionale_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:20 pm

It's gone full circle.Long term contracts used to avoided by clubs pre Bosman, however now they see it as a calculated gamble.Levy knows he can afford to be stubborn with Modric as he's on a 5yr deal.Good player that Nasri is, i'd say it's a great deal for Arsenal.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Nasri can easily be replaced by a better player.
All we need to do is flash the £25m that we received for him.
Thereby lies the problem though!!!!
We want the better player for £3-5m and trouser the balance.
I'm afraid that ain't possible anymore.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:45 am

Instead of pissing Lille off you should've tried getting Eden Hazardof them..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:31 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Instead of pissing Lille off you should've tried getting Eden Hazardof them..

You're right, Hazard is one of the top players in the world. Slap £25m on the table and despite all this not available crap, he'd be bought.
I can't understand why we haven't done that, the Nasri money is a windfall.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2