JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big match.

+4
ADRIAN_1976
jak
villainies
jpr60
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Big match. Empty Big match.

Post  jpr60 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Bg match tonight - and may it be the first of many. As long as there's a "big" attached to it it means we're still in contention.
We've got a mixed squad, we'll be playing at 30°C against an Italian outfit that can play a bit (as we saw at The Grove) so it's about us getting out there and showing some grit. A nice early goal for us and some steady holding play from Song and Frimpong will do for me - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Big match. Empty Re: Big match.

Post  villainies Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Huge game. I think Arsenal will progress tonight and buy Wenger some breathing space. For now.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:10 pm

2-1 Udinese I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 pm

1-0 Udinese. Followed by the best stadium announcer ever.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:2-1 Udinese I think.

And for your next trick? Tosspot

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Fantastic penalty save.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Great performance from The Arsenal tonight.
Feck me, even Rosicky got stuck in.
That's gonna boost the confidence of these players.
We've got a mountain to climb against Man U, with injuries and suspensions, we'll be really depleted. So I'm not expecting much out of that one but we've seen tonight that with a couple or three additions, this squad can be really good.
Fabregas is a great loss but Nasri did as much to contribute to our poor end of season as anybody, so I don't see him as irreplacable at all.
If we make the right signings we can pick up from our poor start in the PL as the season progresses.
Come on you Gunners!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Absolutely! There was spirit in that performance last night - long may it continue.
The match at Old Trafford is a massive task - three missing from last night's team (Gervinho, Song, Frimpong) and Wilshere still not ready (could this be another Vermaelen situation - each week or so we're expecting a return to full fitness and each time a break-down - I truly hope not) - I can't quite see what team we can put out with any real hope of getting a result BUT it's football, a bit of grit - pride in the shirt - let's hope Arsene can pull something out of his magic hat for Sunday!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Losing Sagna and Vermaelen before the match left me wondering WTF we were going to do. "Not a lot" turned out to be the answer - ManU swept us aside in an impressively professional manner. The match wasn't bad (unless you were a Gooner), something like 40 shots at goal in total but we were never in with a chance TBH - outplayed and outclassed all over the pitch. OK, we were 7 or 8 players short but that's no excuse for conceding 8 goals. Redeeming features? Can't think of any TBH - felt sorry for the youngsters thrown in the deep end. Aside from getting the injured and/or banned players back I suppose we just live in hope that Arsene gets his three new players in, whoever they are!
Oh yes, I remember us losing 7-2 at Leicester in the '60's - keeper off injured, Joe Baker in goal (before the days of substitutes) so I'm not devasted by this result - two of my sons are though!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Think there is going to be a lot of your fans wanting blood now....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Long before today's game I did not hold out any hope of a result, given suspensions and injuries.
When Vermaelen and Sagna were out, we were fielding a team so weak, I would not have fancied us getting a result against any other PL side.
There's a grave danger that a spanking like this can do long term damage to young players, particularly a young goalkeeper.
Alex Manninger was a very promising young keeper who had 5 smacked past him when we fielded a much weakened side against Chelsea. He had his confidence destroyed and was never the same again. I hope this does not damage Szczeny too much.
We're all aware of the reasons why we're so weak and we have until Wednesday to get things sorted. If we don't, the whole management set up will come under fire. Rightly so!!!!!!
I was listening to Alfredo di Stefano talking about teams like Real Madrid and how they stay at the top for so many years.
He said it's like a candle you have to keep feeding the flame.
Well The Arsenal have failed to feed the flame consistently over the past few years and now our flame is barely flickering.
Get it sorted chaps!!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:47 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Think there is going to be a lot of your fans wanting blood now....

If that's the case 'arry must be close to hanging in the butchers shop, what excuse has he got?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:49 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:Think there is going to be a lot of your fans wanting blood now....

If that's the case 'arry must be close to hanging in the butchers shop, what excuse has he got?

As I believe I have said elsewhere.... none at all.... we should do a lot better
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:50 pm

jak wrote:

I think he's doing a brilliant job. Very Happy

JAK, with your defense being brutally exposed today do you think Wenger will finally splash out on a couple of defenders, like Cahill or Jagielka, or do you think he's happy with the squad he'll have once injuries and suspensions are gone?

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jak wrote:

JAK, with your defense being brutally exposed today do you think Wenger will finally splash out on a couple of defenders, like Cahill or Jagielka, or do you think he's happy with the squad he'll have once injuries and suspensions are gone?

If he thinks what he's got is sufficient, I think the men from the funny farm will be calling.
I think if there are not, at least, two MAJOR signings by Wednesday there will be big big problems at The Arsenal.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:08 pm

jak wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jak wrote:

If he thinks what he's got is sufficient, I think the men from the funny farm will be calling.
I think if there are not, at least, two MAJOR signings by Wednesday there will be big big problems at The Arsenal.

The problem is, I think he genuinely believes the squad is good enough despite losing your two best players. He's being stubborn with the fans, media, and himself. It's sad to see one of the country's great clubs in a really sorry state of affairs.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:43 am

Aresnal need a CB LB CM AM/ST..

No chance in hell Wenger will sign 4 players by Wed!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:50 am

Well they've just signed another striker tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:12 am

There are big problems already i dont think it matters if you sign 2 players. Your 6 points off 4th place and when you look at the current top4 you cant see them dropping points. Would be a disaster if you didnt qualify for the champions league.

Internazionale_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:07 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Well they've just signed another striker tonight.

I'd already accounted for him.. But then looking at his goal scoring record in France over last few seasons I wouldn't call him a striker Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:41 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:There are big problems already i dont think it matters if you sign 2 players. Your 6 points off 4th place and when you look at the current top4 you cant see them dropping points. Would be a disaster if you didnt qualify for the champions league.

We have qualified for the Champions League.
How can you write off a teams chances after three games, that's ridiculous!!!
We beat Man U at home and Liverpool away and those points are back. That's the situation as it stands.
What happens between now and Wednesday is vital. We'll see.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:04 am

jpr60 wrote:Losing Sagna and Vermaelen before the match left me wondering WTF we were going to do. "Not a lot" turned out to be the answer - ManU swept us aside in an impressively professional manner. The match wasn't bad (unless you were a Gooner), something like 40 shots at goal in total but we were never in with a chance TBH - outplayed and outclassed all over the pitch. OK, we were 7 or 8 players short but that's no excuse for conceding 8 goals. Redeeming features? Can't think of any TBH - felt sorry for the youngsters thrown in the deep end. Aside from getting the injured and/or banned players back I suppose we just live in hope that Arsene gets his three new players in, whoever they are!
Oh yes, I remember us losing 7-2 at Leicester in the '60's - keeper off injured, Joe Baker in goal (before the days of substitutes) so I'm not devasted by this result - two of my sons are though!

Bloody hell jak,
I think you forgot about the Loughborough game you attended in 1896.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2011/08/wengers_greatest_humiliation.html
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:34 am

Ringo wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Losing Sagna and Vermaelen before the match left me wondering WTF we were going to do. "Not a lot" turned out to be the answer - ManU swept us aside in an impressively professional manner. The match wasn't bad (unless you were a Gooner), something like 40 shots at goal in total but we were never in with a chance TBH - outplayed and outclassed all over the pitch. OK, we were 7 or 8 players short but that's no excuse for conceding 8 goals. Redeeming features? Can't think of any TBH - felt sorry for the youngsters thrown in the deep end. Aside from getting the injured and/or banned players back I suppose we just live in hope that Arsene gets his three new players in, whoever they are!

Bloody hell jak,
I think you forgot about the Loughborough game you attended in 1896.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2011/08/wengers_greatest_humiliation.html

That jak you're talking to is jpr. Get a grip man. Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:42 am

Old age memory loss. Laughing
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:18 am

Last season we went to OT and capitulated at 7-1.our manager was on his way 3 weeks later,wont happen with the Arse though.

Trig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum