JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That must be comforting

3 posters

Go down

That must be comforting Empty That must be comforting

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:29 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14977442.stm

So Wenger is going to be around for a long while to some...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

That must be comforting Empty Re: That must be comforting

Post  Bedshammer Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Aaah, the dreaded vote of confidence....
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:24 pm

We rather like the continuity thing at The Arsenal, especially when we feel that what we've got would be very well appreciated elsewhere. I still have every confidence in Arsene Wenger to turn the current situation around - indeed I expect it of him. I also expect certain players to step up, as it were and show a bit of character - let's wait and see, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:26 pm

A new manager will still have the same crop of useless defenders and lollipop midfield. You've got to question his position if he hasn't beefed up the team in January though.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:A new manager will still have the same crop of useless defenders and lollipop midfield. You've got to question his position if he hasn't beefed up the team in January though.

These generalisations don't really fit the bill though, I mean good performances in Italy and Germany should not be overlooked. Absolutely ridiculous defensive errors seem to arrive too often I'd agree but I'm not convinced that the defenders are "useless" although Wenger has a tough job to analyse how a team performing reasonably well for 45 minutes can collapse thereafter. Is it "strength of character" (or lack thereof), "confidence", "mental strength" ? Whatever it is or isn't something must be done now - as I say, I have every confidence that it will be.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:39 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:A new manager will still have the same crop of useless defenders and lollipop midfield. You've got to question his position if he hasn't beefed up the team in January though.

These generalisations don't really fit the bill though, I mean good performances in Italy and Germany should not be overlooked. Absolutely ridiculous defensive errors seem to arrive too often I'd agree but I'm not convinced that the defenders are "useless" although Wenger has a tough job to analyse how a team performing reasonably well for 45 minutes can collapse thereafter. Is it "strength of character" (or lack thereof), "confidence", "mental strength" ? Whatever it is or isn't something must be done now - as I say, I have every confidence that it will be.

First time I watched Mertesacker for a while during the Blackburn game, and he had an absolute shocker.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum