JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robin Van Persie.

4 posters

Go down

Robin Van Persie. Empty Robin Van Persie.

Post  jak Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:33 pm

What a shame his career has been blighted by injury. He's a special talent. Let's hope a couple of decent signings in January show him that Arsenal are serious about building a top team around him.

jak

Back to top Go down

Robin Van Persie. Empty Re: Robin Van Persie.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Until you sell him to Man City next season. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Until you sell him to Man City next season. Very Happy

Van Persie will definitely stay if the team can progress and is strengthened. He wants the chance to win some honours.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:41 pm

In an ideal world RvP would be playing alongside another good striker. I'd hoped Chamakh would come good, he looked the part when he started off at the club and he can head the ball (not always a given for "continental" players) but he seems to have fallen away.
Could Gervinho be the man? One goal today plus two assists and he seemed to find RvP very easily with his cut-backs.
If we can keep the momentum going, creep back up the table and get our long-term-injured players back in the side - Vermaelen pretty soon (I hope), Wilshere not until March next year unfortunately - perhaps we might still turn the current situation around but, at the end of the day it'll be a "Can we afford to pay him?" question. Unless the new rules come in and are truly enforced there's no stopping the likes of ManC from offering un-matchable salaries to players.
Still, that's the future - despite the media attention to our best players being poached (and they never stop, do they?) we've got RvP for the moment and he's effin' good - just hope Gervinho proves to be a match!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:52 pm

jak wrote:

Van Persie will definitely stay if the team can progress and is strengthened. He wants the chance to win some honours.

Hence, he will p off
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:16 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

Hence, he will p off
Only time will tell.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:29 pm

jpr60 wrote:In an ideal world RvP would be playing alongside another good striker. I'd hoped Chamakh would come good, he looked the part when he started off at the club and he can head the ball (not always a given for "continental" players) but he seems to have fallen away.
Could Gervinho be the man? One goal today plus two assists and he seemed to find RvP very easily with his cut-backs.
If we can keep the momentum going, creep back up the table and get our long-term-injured players back in the side - Vermaelen pretty soon (I hope), Wilshere not until March next year unfortunately - perhaps we might still turn the current situation around but, at the end of the day it'll be a "Can we afford to pay him?" question. Unless the new rules come in and are truly enforced there's no stopping the likes of ManC from offering un-matchable salaries to players.
Still, that's the future - despite the media attention to our best players being poached (and they never stop, do they?) we've got RvP for the moment and he's effin' good - just hope Gervinho proves to be a match!

I've watched Gervinho and he's been lacking a bit of confidence. He needs to know when to pick the pass and when to shoot, himself. He has the ability to take on and beat a man and carves his way into some really good positions. I like him as a player.
For me we're very frail in midfield, I will never believe that Rosicky is good enough to earn his salt against the top PL teams. We need a strong player who can go box to box.
So, what I think we need is an orthodox striker who can mix it up physically. A physically strong, ball winning midfielder. Plus another centre back because Djourou has not made up and we are still very thin in that department.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:29 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

Hence, he will p off
Only time will tell.

Cheerio RVP, been a good servant, deserve to win a few things
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:42 pm

jak wrote:What a shame his career has been blighted by injury. He's a special talent. Let's hope a couple of decent signings in January show him that Arsenal are serious about building a top team around him.

Pure class.. always rated him very highly.. we can all knock Wenger now but the man has brought some amazing talent.. think he paid 4.5M for RvP and if you sold him.. 25M is a min you would get.. i think a lot of fans forget how much money Wenger has saved the club not to mention the football and trophies he won.. shame its turned a little sour..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum