JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going on...

+2
ADRIAN_1976
FrenchSpur
6 posters

Go down

What is going on... Empty What is going on...

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:55 pm

IT seems that the top our of years gone bye are shipping goals like the Titanic let in water.... Jolly strange this season..

FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

What is going on... Empty Re: What is going on...

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:24 pm

RvP... what a class act he is..

JT looks like a pub player these days!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:28 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:RvP... what a class act he is..

JT looks like a pub player these days!

A lot of the chelsea team seem quite pedestrian these days... seems like Roman needs to dig deep again pretty soon or they will be back where they should be fighting to stay up....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Crazy game - end-to-end stuff with defenders always looking weak - and a score which might have been commonplace in the late '50's, early '60's. I'd have settled for a draw before the match TBH and when I saw how it started I feared another bad result but The Arsenal never let up - full marks to Szcesney, Koscielny, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott, Gervinho and, of course RvP. I've got a feeling Santos is going to become a bit of a hero (à la Eboue) and I reckon Mertesacker will "bed down" eventually, when we've a stable back four that can communicate - meanwhile, onwards and upwards, eh?
Oh yes, JT falling on his face was a classic moment, as were Cashley Cole's numerous dives and Ivanovic's BGB moment (that's Big Girl's Blouse for those unaccustomed to the expression) - I hope they highlight The Chelsea Dive on MOTD tonight, it's the latest dance craze in Fulham, I understand!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:31 pm

What a great result!!!!!
I watched part of the first half and having seen two fantastic crosses from Walcott put past the post by Gervinho and then RvP. Then Lampard's goal, I had to leave to collect No.2 son from the aeropuerto, you can imagine I was pretty dejected. Having collected him we spent most of the way home trying to find out the result but unable to get a connection on the mobile. The Duchess and I popped into a supermarket and when we came out my son was dancing around the car park. When he told me the result, I joined him!!!!
COME ON YOU GUNNNERS!!!!!!! wHOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Have to say I've spent much of today feeling good about our win at Stamford Bridge.
Thing is I remember some great matches between the two teams - the likes of Charlie George, John Radford, Peter Storey, Frank McLintock verses the likes of Alan Hudson, Peter Osgood, Chopper Harris, Charlie Cooke - and I've never felt bad about Chelsea before Abramovich arrived. Since he's been there they've changed their identity IMO - they've splashed the cash and haven't worried about who they've signed, just got'em to prevent anyone else getting them and generally become objectionable.
So it's been a two-fold pleasure:
1) we've continued our resurgence and gained a win (at last) in a key game;
2) we've beaten the London money team.
We have to keep it going - we've got the Manchester money team in the League Cup (and the Manchester money team have the potential to be even worse than the Chelski outift in terms of arrogance) - I've found a revitalised reason to live!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:03 pm

jpr60 wrote:Have to say I've spent much of today feeling good about our win at Stamford Bridge.
Thing is I remember some great matches between the two teams - the likes of Charlie George, John Radford, Peter Storey, Frank McLintock verses the likes of Alan Hudson, Peter Osgood, Chopper Harris, Charlie Cooke - and I've never felt bad about Chelsea before Abramovich arrived. Since he's been there they've changed their identity IMO - they've splashed the cash and haven't worried about who they've signed, just got'em to prevent anyone else getting them and generally become objectionable.
We have to keep it going - we've got the Manchester money team in the League Cup (and the Manchester money team have the potential to be even worse than the Chelski outift in terms of arrogance) - I've found a revitalised reason to live!

Absolutely!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:32 pm

jpr60 wrote:Have to say I've spent much of today feeling good about our win at Stamford Bridge.

Only concern is that you still look very vulnerable at the back..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 pm

jak wrote:What a great result!!!!!
I watched part of the first half and having seen two fantastic crosses from Walcott put past the post by Gervinho and then RvP. Then Lampard's goal, I had to leave to collect No.2 son from the aeropuerto, you can imagine I was pretty dejected. Having collected him we spent most of the way home trying to find out the result but unable to get a connection on the mobile. The Duchess and I popped into a supermarket and when we came out my son was dancing around the car park. When he told me the result, I joined him!!!!
COME ON YOU GUNNNERS!!!!!!! wHOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You two faced fceker Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:25 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Yes, you're right but you must remember we had both first choice full backs missing.
They were like rabbits caught in the headlights early on. Too much ball watching, hence too static.
They're really lacking confidence but the second half saw a marked improvement.
I think we will strengthen again in January but this squad is starting to gel, no doubt.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:36 pm

jak wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Yes, you're right but you must remember we had both first choice full backs missing.
They were like rabbits caught in the headlights early on. Too much ball watching, hence too static.
They're really lacking confidence but the second half saw a marked improvement.
I think we will strengthen again in January but this squad is starting to gel, no doubt.

Do you think Wenger will thou.. he is a stubborn man..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:52 pm

What happens when RvP picks up another knock? If you can keep him fit for the season there is still hope of a CL spot.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:06 pm

villainies wrote:What happens when RvP picks up another knock? If you can keep him fit for the season there is still hope of a CL spot.

RvP has been on blob for a while now but, despite what the media are saying The Arsenal is not a one-man team. If it was we wouldn't be performing without Fabregas or Nasri. Unless we're very lucky RvP will indeed pick up an injury or two during the season, although hopefully not one that results in him missing half the season, but I'm sure we'll cope, as we have with the loss of Wilshere in midfield. Wenger puts his teams together so that there's a perfect fit throughout whatever eleven take the field. He's still working on the back four, of course (also missing players through injury) but he's never put out a one-man team. Remember Thierry Henry? There were ten others working in the team he was in. Robert Pires? The same. What's good is that we seem to have made progress since our dismal start to the season - long may it continue, whoever's available to play.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:37 pm

villainies wrote:What happens when RvP picks up another knock? If you can keep him fit for the season there is still hope of a CL spot.

We've had a disastrous start to the season. Yet we're only THREE points behind the 3rd placed team.
So I think that "there is still hope of a CL spot" makes things sound somewhat worse than they actually are. Shocked

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum