JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curtis Davies

4 posters

Go down

Curtis Davies Empty Curtis Davies

Post  Tilton Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Curtis Davies - Goal Machine.

Another 2 goals on Saturday for big Curtis, making it 4 goals in the last 5 league games. Aswell as his prolific goal scoring, he's really been playing well this season. He had a reputation in the past for making stupid, costly mistakes but it appears that he's concentrating more these days and his partnership with Steven Caldwell looks pretty solid.

I just hope that he's still with us by the time the transfer window closes and that nobody makes us an offer we can't refuse.

In other news, we've agreed a fee with Wigan for the sale of Jean Beausejour according to some reports. Just personal terms to be agreed.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Curtis Davies Empty Re: Curtis Davies

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Curtis Davies was playing excellently at Villa before that shoulder injury and never really got a chance after that. There was talk of an England call up at one stage
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:59 pm

He had some dodgy games aswell though, I seem to remember?

I never really rated him and couldn't believe that Vile shelled out £ 10 million or whatever it was for him from the Baggies. He didn't start well for us and cost us a few goals in his first season but he seems to have settled now and he looks a lot more confident and composed on the ball.

Good player.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Always rated him and always thought once he gets a good run of games he will show his worth.

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Hadn't got a clue why we shelled out 10m on him. VERY OVER-RATED. He's found his true level in the Championship with the nosers and if he is lucky he'll play the odd season in the Premiership. Going uuuuupp, we're going dooowwwnn Wink
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Tilton wrote:He had some dodgy games aswell though, I seem to remember?

I never really rated him and couldn't believe that Vile shelled out £ 10 million or whatever it was for him from the Baggies. He didn't start well for us and cost us a few goals in his first season but he seems to have settled now and he looks a lot more confident and composed on the ball.

Good player.

Tilton, was playing some excellent football before the shoulde rinjury which seemed to really affect him. Think there was also some clause in his contract whereby if he played 2 more games he was due a new contract. So Villa didnt play him apparently
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 pm

villainies wrote:Hadn't got a clue why we shelled out 10m on him. VERY OVER-RATED. He's found his true level in the Championship with the nosers and if he is lucky he'll play the odd season in the Premiership. Going uuuuupp, we're going dooowwwnn Wink

Nah, despite everything I think you'll survive this season and won't get relegated.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Good player.

Tilton, was playing some excellent football before the shoulde rinjury which seemed to really affect him. Think there was also some clause in his contract whereby if he played 2 more games he was due a new contract. So Villa didnt play him apparently

Yeah, the contract thing rings a bell. Your loss, our gain.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:04 pm

Tilton wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Good player.

Yeah, the contract thing rings a bell. Your loss, our gain.

Well ,we only really paid 5 million for him as we got rid of that crap lad Cahill for that amount as well. You must remember him Tilton, Doug Ellis taught him the overhead kick
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm

I remember him well for his flukey goal against us. If he tried doing that another 1000 times, he'd miss the ball and fall on his arse at every attempt.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down