JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arsenal

+3
villanfromluton
jpr60
villainies
7 posters

Go down

The Arsenal Empty The Arsenal

Post  villainies Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:03 pm

First trip to the new stadium yesterday. Very nice. Heard a young villa fan telling his dad "it's just bostin' dad", which sums it up nicely. Quiet though eh? 60k people and until the goal I didn't hear a peep out of em.

Gooners, would I be right in saying it's quite a gentile crowd that go to watch Arsenal these days. Lots of wax jackets, brogues and all together a bit RAH-RAH? I've certainly never witnessed a football crowd quite like it.

ps that RvP is dirty cheating twat isn't he. He reminds me of a less gobby Joey Barton with his antics. No
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

The Arsenal Empty Re: The Arsenal

Post  jpr60 Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:11 pm

And you can feck off to wherever it was that you came from. Nowt wrong with Ashburton Grove (except it's not Highbury) and The Arsenal can still do a shout. As for your comments regading RvP - well, up yours. The only player I've seen as bad as Barton is that tramp Lee Bowyer (I'm talking about those still playing). RvP has to look after himself - how many times does he get an elbow in the neck, a shove in the back, a knee in the back when he's playing with his back to the goal and there's a ball being played up to him? That's the way it is - the only reason I ever half-liked Alan Smith (no , not the REAL Alan Smith, that tyke that played with Leeds with the dyed hair) was that he was a striker who treated defenders the way defenders usually treat strikers. If you've played the game you'll know what I mean.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:17 pm

jpr60 wrote:And you can feck off to wherever it was that you came from. Nowt wrong with Ashburton Grove (except it's not Highbury) and The Arsenal can still do a shout. As for your comments regading RvP - well, up yours. The only player I've seen as bad as Barton is that tramp Lee Bowyer (I'm talking about those still playing). RvP has to look after himself - how many times does he get an elbow in the neck, a shove in the back, a knee in the back when he's playing with his back to the goal and there's a ball being played up to him? That's the way it is - the only reason I ever half-liked Alan Smith (no , not the REAL Alan Smith, that tyke that played with Leeds with the dyed hair) was that he was a striker who treated defenders the way defenders usually treat strikers. If you've played the game you'll know what I mean.

JPR, are you actually defending his actions, if so I find that absolutely amazing. Could he not have done serious damage with that premediated elbow? If he dont get banned for that, it will be a travesty
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:20 pm

jpr60 wrote:And you can feck off to wherever it was that you came from. Nowt wrong with Ashburton Grove (except it's not Highbury) and The Arsenal can still do a shout. As for your comments regading RvP - well, up yours. The only player I've seen as bad as Barton is that tramp Lee Bowyer (I'm talking about those still playing). RvP has to look after himself - how many times does he get an elbow in the neck, a shove in the back, a knee in the back when he's playing with his back to the goal and there's a ball being played up to him? That's the way it is - the only reason I ever half-liked Alan Smith (no , not the REAL Alan Smith, that tyke that played with Leeds with the dyed hair) was that he was a striker who treated defenders the way defenders usually treat strikers. If you've played the game you'll know what I mean.

Unbelievable! You can't be defending him, can you? A blatent, premeditated act of violence and you think that it's alright? After all your comments about Balotelli last week?

You need to take my advice from the Balotelli thread and be a man. Admit that you think that it's wrong. People might even respect you a little bit for it.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm

I really like the stadium, didn't realise it was so close to Highbury and it fits into that space and the surrounding area really well compared to Wembley say, which seems a bit out of it and just plonked there. I just think these stadiums that are bowl shaped lose a lot of atmosphere. The groups of fans that wanted to sing all seemed to be in patches around the ground so the support never really gets going.
But just observing the supporters pre and post match (I was with a Liverpool fan) we thought the crowd was more like an international rugby crowd than a premiership football crowd. Certainly a very different bunch from Everton, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Newcastle, the mighty Villa etc.

RvP is a dangerous player. But the sneaky little toad seems to have the refs in his pocket. The difference between him and Barton is that Barton traps off and he has the refs on his case. That elbow was as nasty as it gets and fully deserves a four match ban.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Actually (he said, giggling) I didn't see The Famous Elbow. I saw your man on his knees holding his head but, in real life you don't get the action replays, do you?
Not having seen it I can't really comment - I've said elsewhere that I like the way RvP "looks after himself" - perhaps he'd been "done" in the previous action, who knows? Was it as bad as Lescotts whack on (whoever it was) against Tottingham recently - he simply gave him a forearm jab off the ball - if it was then I suggest RvP gets the same punishment. What was it? Nowt!
Again, not having seen it, aren't we all a bit privy to what the TV cameraman picks up? I never used to like the way Vieira was punished because of something the TV had picked up and highlighted - it doesn't seem right to me. I saw Hutton purposely kick Oxlade-Chamberlain in the ankle after the ball was gone. The Ox winced, hopped about a bit but didn't make a fuss. He just made Hutton look the inept twonk he is every time he got the ball.
I'm pretty sure there's whacks of all sorts going on in football - check out the ridiculous antics at corner-kicks - there used to be when I played, both as a defender and as an attacker. I haven't seen the Rvp "crime" but it'd have to be a howler to be compared to Balotelli's recent antics.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 pm

jpr60 wrote:Actually (he said, giggling) I didn't see The Famous Elbow. I saw your man on his knees holding his head but, in real life you don't get the action replays, do you?
Not having seen it I can't really comment - I've said elsewhere that I like the way RvP "looks after himself" - perhaps he'd been "done" in the previous action, who knows? Was it as bad as Lescotts whack on (whoever it was) against Tottingham recently - he simply gave him a forearm jab off the ball - if it was then I suggest RvP gets the same punishment. What was it? Nowt!
Again, not having seen it, aren't we all a bit privy to what the TV cameraman picks up? I never used to like the way Vieira was punished because of something the TV had picked up and highlighted - it doesn't seem right to me. I saw Hutton purposely kick Oxlade-Chamberlain in the ankle after the ball was gone. The Ox winced, hopped about a bit but didn't make a fuss. He just made Hutton look the inept twonk he is every time he got the ball.
I'm pretty sure there's whacks of all sorts going on in football - check out the ridiculous antics at corner-kicks - there used to be when I played, both as a defender and as an attacker. I haven't seen the Rvp "crime" but it'd have to be a howler to be compared to Balotelli's recent antics.

Will give you the benefit of the doubt until you have seen it, but he actually looks at Cuellar while the ball is still in the air and then led with his elbow. So you are now suggesting he should not be done for it if he is guilty, should Balotteli have been banned then? As for Cuellar, he most certainly did not make a meal of it at all.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:52 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Actually (he said, giggling) I didn't see The Famous Elbow. I saw your man on his knees holding his head but, in real life you don't get the action replays, do you?

Will give you the benefit of the doubt until you have seen it, but he actually looks at Cuellar while the ball is still in the air and then led with his elbow. So you are now suggesting he should not be done for it if he is guilty, should Balotteli have been banned then? As for Cuellar, he most certainly did not make a meal of it at all.

No, he didn't make a meal of it because there was nothing to make a meal of. Your players, the ref, the commentators, no one made a meal of it, until that ginger tosser of a manager of yours tried to move the spotlight off himself and you lot joined in. You were beaten fair and square. Of course yu can hold your hands up and say Dunne deserved to be sent off, he wasn't. Stop whingeing and whining, you got beat, big deal. Sour grapes boys, it shows!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:56 pm

The commentators mentioned it straight away actually Jak and highlighted if the ref saw it should have been a red card. No sour grapes from me or anyone else that I can see, but if you are condoning violence on a football pitch, just say so. He could easily have broke his jaw with that cowardly act, would that have made it different for you
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 pm

villanfromluton wrote:The commentators mentioned it straight away actually Jak and highlighted if the ref saw it should have been a red card. No sour grapes from me or anyone else that I can see, but if you are condoning violence on a football pitch, just say so. He could easily have broke his jaw with that cowardly act, would that have made it different for you

IF your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:01 pm

jak wrote:

No, he didn't make a meal of it because there was nothing to make a meal of. Your players, the ref, the commentators, no one made a meal of it, until that ginger tosser of a manager of yours tried to move the spotlight off himself and you lot joined in. You were beaten fair and square. Of course yu can hold your hands up and say Dunne deserved to be sent off, he wasn't. Stop whingeing and whining, you got beat, big deal. Sour grapes boys, it shows!!!!

It wasn't just McLeish, he was asked about the elbow which is why he commented on it. I had switched it off by this point, but the text commentary on Sky said there had been "A nasty elbow by Van Persie that could result in a ban". Plus all of the reports straight after the game mentioned it, even before McLeish's interview was given. So to say it's just McLeish is basically you making stuff up.

It's nowt to do with sour grapes, as Villa fans we are pretty used to losing, it's to do with the discussions that have been going on about other players in recent times been called a disgrace for similar behavior by Arsenal fans, and asking your views. It seems that the Arsenal fans in general are very one eyed about their club, and will never criticize one of their own even with obvious evidence in front of them.

If Van Persie had done that when you were playing another team, I would have been interested to know your opinion, I'm sure that would have been the opposing managers fault, or the ref for not protecting him, or maybe Sky's editing, who knows.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Of course it's sour grapes. 2-0 up at half time. Riding a cock horse and then you get fecked. Deal with it!!!
You've seen a lot worse than what Van Persie did in virtually every PL game. Four match ban? What's that gonna do for you?
All your man(?)McLeish is lokking for is a bit of pay back. The man wants to look at HIS performance on the touchline, fecking embarassing. Vent your anger on that prat!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:22 pm

There is no anger to vent. Just asked your opinion on something, and you still haven't given it but you have brought up loads of other pointless shit like Villa fans opinions on the Eduardo tackle 3 years ago.

As for seeing a lot worse in "every" Premier League league game, I would disagree but if you did see if every week, I would be of the opinion that each player that deliberately elbowed someone should get sent off.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:24 pm

If people are making a big thing out of RvP elbowing someone I think they're missing the point.
The Arsenal, 0-2 down at half-time, manager/team being booed off the pitch, Villa looking good come back in the second half to secure a Roy-Of-The-Rovers win 3-2! That's the story. Not - "Oh Dunne, he should've been sent off for that tackle" - "Oh Hutton, he should've been sent off for kicking Oxlade-Chamberlain" - "Oh van Persie, dirty git should've been sent off for violent conduct".
"Arsenal Drown-Out The Boo-Boys In Dramatic Turnaround Victory" should be the headline, not "McLeish Demands FA Action Against van Pesie" - I'm not sure what the agenda is but, as usual, it's not particularly pro-sport or pro-Arsenal, is it?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:38 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:There is no anger to vent. Just asked your opinion on something, and you still haven't given it but you have brought up loads of other pointless shit like Villa fans opinions on the Eduardo tackle 3 years ago.

As for seeing a lot worse in "every" Premier League league game, I would disagree but if you did see if every week, I would be of the opinion that each player that deliberately elbowed someone should get sent off.

Ever watched Kevin Davies, to name but one, play? He doesn't know how to jump without using his elbows.
What RvP did was, in the scheme of things, innocuous. We wouldn't even be talking about it on Monday if Villa had won.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:40 pm

jak wrote:

We wouldn't even be talking about it on Monday if Villa had won.

True, we probably wouldn't have seen a post from you until Wednesday Very Happy

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:43 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
jak wrote:

Feckin' hilarious. Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:43 pm

jak wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:There is no anger to vent. Just asked your opinion on something, and you still haven't given it but you have brought up loads of other pointless shit like Villa fans opinions on the Eduardo tackle 3 years ago.

Ever watched Kevin Davies, to name but one, play? He doesn't know how to jump without using his elbows.
What RvP did was, in the scheme of things, innocuous. We wouldn't even be talking about it on Monday if Villa had won.

Elbows? England hero Alan Shearer was the best I've seen - agree Kevin Davies today - all part of the game I'm told.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:50 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
jak wrote:

Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:50 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:

Elbows? England hero Alan Shearer was the best I've seen - agree Kevin Davies today - all part of the game I'm told.

Yes. "It's a MAN's game", according to the Villans. scratch scratch

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:05 pm

What utter bollocks from the Gooners Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm

There's a difference between leading with your elbow (Sol Campbell was a master at that, it's part of the game and if the player gets a conk on the face, it's rightly a foul and yellow card because there's no dangerous intent), and swinging an elbow behind you to win an aerial challenge. Even if it wasn't malicious, it's a red card for dangerous conduct.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:There's a difference between leading with your elbow (Sol Campbell was a master at that, it's part of the game and if the player gets a conk on the face, it's rightly a foul and yellow card because there's no dangerous intent), and swinging an elbow behind you to win an aerial challenge. Even if it wasn't malicious, it's a red card for dangerous conduct.

There was no red card.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:22 pm

QBVILLA wrote:What utter bollocks from the Gooners Very Happy

Well that seems to be the order of the day for you Villans.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:23 pm

jak wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:There's a difference between leading with your elbow (Sol Campbell was a master at that, it's part of the game and if the player gets a conk on the face, it's rightly a foul and yellow card because there's no dangerous intent), and swinging an elbow behind you to win an aerial challenge. Even if it wasn't malicious, it's a red card for dangerous conduct.

There was no red card.

Which is why it'll probably be reviewed by the FA if the referees report doesn't mention it. One look at the replay and you can see it's a dangerous challenge. Not malicious or violent, no-one but RvP knows if he wanted to hurt Cuellar, but you can't deny it was a dangerous thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum