JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues v Hull

4 posters

Go down

Blues v Hull Empty Blues v Hull

Post  Tilton Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:43 pm

After our game against Barnsley was called off at the weekend, I'm hoping that the few extra days rest will help us put in a barnstorming display against Hull tonight at Fortress St. Andrews.

Marlon King should have recovered but Zigic probably won't make it. A few others will hopefully have got over minor knocks and be raring to go against a Hull side that beat us at their place earlier in the season.

Hull are on a good run at the moment and are just one measly point behind us in the table so they'll be up for it and it should be a good game. A win for us tonight and a draw between WH and Southampton would see us close right up to the top two, ready to pounce like a coiled puma.

Blues 2 - 1 Hull

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Blues v Hull Empty Re: Blues v Hull

Post  Bedshammer Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:31 pm

A coiled puma? Lol.....
Sorry, I rather want us to beat Scummers tonight. There, I've said it.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Yep. Coiled, primed and ready to pounce. Emerging from the shadows in a chilling and savage display of ruthless power.

For what it's worth, I've got a feeling that WH will beat Southampton tonight but I hope I'm wrong. A draw would be far better for us.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:58 pm

I went to see a scintilating display (0-0) Hull v Blouse up in Hull back in 1995. What a shit day that was....stuck with a load of Blousers singing 'shit on the villa' and giving poor old Ormondroyd some vile abuse! Should never have agreed to going.

villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Tilton wrote:Yep. Coiled, primed and ready to pounce. Emerging from the shadows in a chilling and savage display of ruthless power.

For what it's worth, I've got a feeling that WH will beat Southampton tonight but I hope I'm wrong. A draw would be far better for us.

Like I said before, I think the 3 that went down could go straight back up. So to speak.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 pm

villainies wrote:I went to see a scintilating display (0-0) Hull v Blouse up in Hull back in 1995. What a shit day that was....stuck with a load of Blousers singing 'shit on the villa' and giving poor old Ormondroyd some vile abuse! Should never have agreed to going.

Sounds like a good day out. Glad to hear that you lent your support to the boys in royal blue and even joined in with the singing. Good lad.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Tilton wrote:
villainies wrote:I went to see a scintilating display (0-0) Hull v Blouse up in Hull back in 1995. What a shit day that was....stuck with a load of Blousers singing 'shit on the villa' and giving poor old Ormondroyd some vile abuse! Should never have agreed to going.

Sounds like a good day out. Glad to hear that you lent your support to the boys in royal blue and even joined in with the singing. Good lad.

Another ripsnorting 0-0 last night I see!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:56 pm

It was a bit of a strange game last night. As much as I rate Chris, he got the starting line up badly wrong against Hull.

This wasn't a game to be experimenting using players in different positions to normal but that's exactly what he did. By bringing the almighty Stephen Carr back into the team after injury, he chose to move Spector into central midfield and pushed Jordan Mutch out to the left where he is completely ineffective. Spector had a terrible game, as did Fahy and Elliott and the whole team seemed to lack the cutting edge that we've had lately. Having said that, Hull never really troubled us even though they had more of the ball in the first half.

The second half was much better from us and on another day we could have scored a couple and come away with a comfortable win. It wasn't to be though and with Zigic still out injured and King not looking his normal self, we're in need of another striker from somewhere to give us more options up front.

Still, that's us gone 13 games unbeaten now and Fortress St. Andrews remains impenetrable to enemy forces.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Tilton wrote:It was a bit of a strange game last night. As much as I rate Chris, he got the starting line up badly wrong against Hull.

This wasn't a game to be experimenting using players in different positions to normal but that's exactly what he did. By bringing the almighty Stephen Carr back into the team after injury, he chose to move Spector into central midfield and pushed Jordan Mutch out to the left where he is completely ineffective. Spector had a terrible game, as did Fahy and Elliott and the whole team seemed to lack the cutting edge that we've had lately. Having said that, Hull never really troubled us even though they had more of the ball in the first half.

The second half was much better from us and on another day we could have scored a couple and come away with a comfortable win. It wasn't to be though and with Zigic still out injured and King not looking his normal self, we're in need of another striker from somewhere to give us more options up front.

Still, that's us gone 13 games unbeaten now and Fortress St. Andrews remains impenetrable to enemy forces.

Adam Rooney?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

No.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down