JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Contracts

5 posters

Go down

New Contracts Empty New Contracts

Post  jak Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 am

So The Arsenal are to negotiate new contracts with Rosicky and Walcott.
I cannot believe that the powers that be can see anything good in Rosicky. The man is a liabilty and should be fecked off out of it. He's too weak to compete in the PL, it breaks my heart to see him in an Arsenal shirt, he's got all the fight of a feckin poodle. Grrrrr.

Walcott? What a disappointment!!!
There's too many games where you don't even know he's on the pitch. He needs to be told some home truths. He's a feckin poodle too but, unlike Rosicky, there is still SOME hope for him.

jak

Back to top Go down

New Contracts Empty Re: New Contracts

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:19 am

Do you think Wenger is losing his touch Jak? Or would he benefit from having a new assistant like many in the media have been suggesting?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:20 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Do you think Wenger is losing his touch Jak? Or would he benefit from having a new assistant like many in the media have been suggesting?

You have to think there's something wrong if they're looking to retain the services of a player as poor as Rosicky.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Do you think it's time for a change of manager? Or maybe Wenger thinks it's time to move on? Personally, I can't see him working with an assistant.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:01 pm

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Do you think Wenger is losing his touch Jak? Or would he benefit from having a new assistant like many in the media have been suggesting?

You have to think there's something wrong if they're looking to retain the services of a player as poor as Rosicky.

What do you reckon then? I know you're a staunch fan of Wenger but you're questioning his judgement of players more and more the past few seasons.Do you think it's time for a change, or would you like to see Wenger getting more assistance.The loss of David Dein has IMO been the biggest contributor to the slide Arsenal have suffered.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm

If you think about it the departure of Dein, marked a big change at The Arsenal.
I think the current backup he has in the form of Gazidis is not up to the job.
In time I think when Wenger writes his memoirs that will become apparent.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Despite being one of the best managers the PL has ever seen, Wenger is so pig-headed and arrogant he can't admit his mistakes over his transfer policy and it's damaging Arsenal. You can't help but think someone like SAF would have had the likes of Rosicky and Arshavin out on their arse.

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 pm

I seem to remember that Asreshaving, Wallcott and Rosicky were the saviours or Arsenil when they arrived...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:19 pm

As none of us are "insiders" we can only guess at what goes on in a football club, can only imagine why decisions are taken regarding players, tactics (or lack of them) and our feelings usually arise from opinions.
I can reall players being hated at the Arsenal over the years, players being slagged off week-in, week-out e.g. Jon Sammels, John Radford, Gus Caeser, Jim Furnell, Bob Wilson (and any number of other keepers who came and went) Paul Davis - all disliked to varying degrees by segments of the Highbury faithful (some understandably IMO, others for reasons unknown) - and more recently Denilson, Rosicky, Song, Eboue, Bendtner and now perhaps Arshavin and Walcott are edging towards the "not-best-appreciated" list. All of them have performed well at some stage (with the possible exception of Gus Caeser) but have come in for a hammering. I know that some players will never be apreciated by everyone but feel that we're more critical when things aren't going well. The Jon Sammels haters kept their peace when he crashed in a superb goal against Anderlecht in the Fairs Cup Final and I'm pretty sure us Gooners would be less critical of Bendtner had he scored in the final moments against Barca last season.
As for the manager - well, unless Guardiola is available there is nobody I could contemplate taking over from Arsene Wenger at this moment in time.
When we stuff The Spuds, Liverpool and beat AC Milan at The Grove 5-0 in the next couple of weeks you watch the problems disappear (whoops, there's old Optimistic Gooner creeping in again)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:24 pm

I think Optimistic Gooner just turned into Deluded Gooner....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:38 pm

jpr60 wrote:As none of us are "insiders" we can only guess at what goes on in a football club, can only imagine why decisions are taken regarding players, tactics (or lack of them) and our feelings usually arise from opinions.
I can reall players being hated at the Arsenal over the years, players being slagged off week-in, week-out e.g. Jon Sammels, John Radford, Gus Caeser, Jim Furnell, Bob Wilson (and any number of other keepers who came and went) Paul Davis - all disliked to varying degrees by segments of the Highbury faithful (some understandably IMO, others for reasons unknown) - and more recently Denilson, Rosicky, Song, Eboue, Bendtner and now perhaps Arshavin and Walcott are edging towards the "not-best-appreciated" list. All of them have performed well at some stage (with the possible exception of Gus Caeser) but have come in for a hammering. I know that some players will never be apreciated by everyone but feel that we're more critical when things aren't going well. The Jon Sammels haters kept their peace when he crashed in a superb goal against Anderlecht in the Fairs Cup Final and I'm pretty sure us Gooners would be less critical of Bendtner had he scored in the final moments against Barca last season.
As for the manager - well, unless Guardiola is available there is nobody I could contemplate taking over from Arsene Wenger at this moment in time.
When we stuff The Spuds, Liverpool and beat AC Milan at The Grove 5-0 in the next couple of weeks you watch the problems disappear (whoops, there's old Optimistic Gooner creeping in again)!

Many of the players you mention had to win the fans over or in turn failed to win them over.
The difference with players like Rosicky, Denilson and Walcott is that they started with no animosity and have put themselves under the spotlight with a long run of poor performances.
I'd like to share your optimism but I said a long time ago that with the likes of Rosicky, for me a cheat, we will win nothing.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:01 pm

SSN are reporting that Arshavin might be going to Zenit St Petersburg on loan. The Russian transfer window is open till tomorrow night.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Bedshammer wrote:SSN are reporting that Arshavin might be going to Zenit St Petersburg on loan. The Russian transfer window is open till tomorrow night.

Arshavin has been rubbish but I'd much rather have him than Rosicky.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum