JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First home game.

Go down

First home game. Empty First home game.

Post  jpr60 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Just hoping we keep our game together. No point in supposing that 'Portsmouth are crap, they'll roll over' cos we all know football's not like that.
A win for us tomorrow is very important, it'll bed us down, so to speak and set us up for three difficult fixtures, Celtic at home, ManU and ManC away. Wouldn't it be nice........................?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

First home game. Empty Re: First home game.

Post  jpr60 Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:48 pm

A few team changes, a good atmosphere (including the Pompey fans who were giving it large) and another reassuring performance - what could be better?
Well, without wishing to seem 'never-satisfied' I still reckon we could go that little step further - we should have crushed Portsmouth today TBH. Instead we scored 3 excellent goals, another comedy goal from Gallas and sometimes managed to look vulnerable - indeed on another day Gallas might have seen red for what looked like a block on a player through on goal (OK, I saw it live, I've not seen a replay yet so perhaps it wasn't what it looked like) and we'd have been 2-1 up but down to ten men, and no comedy goal! I'm fully expecting to see Gallas come out in the next game with one of those red noses - you'll probably see the goal and know what I mean. It made his 'strike' against Celtic look serious.
Still waiting for our strike force to open up which, I suppose means we might one day score ten - but for some hesitancy in the box and a good display by James in Portsmouth's goal today we certainly could have had a good few more.
Not grumbling - I suppose the serious stuff starts now!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum