JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wenger..

+3
jak
MrMagoo
ADRIAN_1976
7 posters

Go down

Wenger.. Empty Wenger..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Might be another trophy less season.. but Wenger had answered a few critics.. at one point top four didn't seem like it could happen..

Could've won 4-0 easily today..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wenger.. Empty Re: Wenger..

Post  MrMagoo Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Arsenal have turned it around well alright.

Would love to see them sneaking 2nd place from City now. Unlikely though
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:34 pm

We've suffered badly with injuries this season with up to ten players missing from our squad at times, including all 4 full backs for a large part of the season.
On top of that the loss of Fabregas took sometime to adjust to. Nasri has been no loss, as I've said all along.
There's the basis of a good team here, with a few ins and a few outs, I think we can be contenders, provided we are prepared to battle at the less glamorous venues.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Can you bollox, you are way behind the top 2
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:48 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Can you bollox, you are way behind the top 2

I didn't think he meant this season?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Beds, Man City are only going to get stronger, will probably have RVP up front for them next season
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:00 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Beds, Man City are only going to get stronger, will probably have RVP up front for them next season

Very Happy
You're such a tease!
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:00 pm

City are starting to resemble Real Madrid in the Galacticos era. 11 great individual players, but can't play together as a team.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Jersus, they need more of the likes of Kompany and Hart
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Yup. They're the players that get replaced by the £25m superstars though.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:04 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Can you bollox, you are way behind the top 2

We didn't look far behind today. Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Jak, they will spend massively in the summer, manager has been shit, should have won the league with that squad. Is Rosicky on drugs by the way and how much has Song improved, good player
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jak, they will spend massively in the summer, manager has been shit, should have won the league with that squad. Is Rosicky on drugs by the way and how much has Song improved, good player

We will also spend. We have the basis of a team. Man.C must build a TEAM, money alone cannot do that.
Yes, Rosicky is redeeming himself, that's a bonus. I am not surprised at Song, I've always seen the potential in him. He has the ability to see a pass and is a strong player. Only 25, so much more to come from him.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Song is looking like a top player..

IF Wenger buys well then Arsenal can certainly challenge.. Podolski will be a great addition..

As for City.. they will be up there again.. they need to break the bank to get Murinhio......
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Jak, Song has surprised me to be honest, good player now, and can pick a pass. Good team to be honest, need back up perhaps.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:47 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Song is looking like a top player..

IF Wenger buys well then Arsenal can certainly challenge.. Podolski will be a great addition..

As for City.. they will be up there again.. they need to break the bank to get Murinhio......

Nice to hear an intelligent response from one of the brighter, sober, Villans.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:00 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Song is looking like a top player..

People have been saying that for years. if Wenger can see his own shortcomings in the transfer market, he's definitely got the resources to build.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:28 pm

"Buying" isn't the answer (OK, that depends on the question, I know) but teambuilding is. ManC have bought - £210 million - and they still don't have a team. The Arsenal have a better team than ManC rght now and, as long as Wenger's summer acquisitons fit into the team I'm pretty sure we'll better than them next season too. The question is, will we be able to be better than ManU over a season - that's something to look forward to.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:43 pm

jpr60 wrote:"Buying" isn't the answer (OK, that depends on the question, I know) but teambuilding is. ManC have bought - £210 million - and they still don't have a team. The Arsenal have a better team than ManC rght now and, as long as Wenger's summer acquisitons fit into the team I'm pretty sure we'll better than them next season too. The question is, will we be able to be better than ManU over a season - that's something to look forward to.

But Man City have shown they can be a team.. they thumped United in there own ground.. they have a fantastic spine in Hart Kompany Toure Silva and Aguerro..

I just think they couldn't hack it in the end.. next season they will have learnt from this years experience..

Wenger has a great spine too.. just needs to add the right players and hope Wilkshire can play the whole season and the Ox carries on with his progress... not forgetting that RvP stays..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:09 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:"Buying" isn't the answer (OK, that depends on the question, I know) but teambuilding is. ManC have bought - £210 million - and they still don't have a team. The Arsenal have a better team than ManC rght now and, as long as Wenger's summer acquisitons fit into the team I'm pretty sure we'll better than them next season too. The question is, will we be able to be better than ManU over a season - that's something to look forward to.

But Man City have shown they can be a team.. they thumped United in there own ground.. they have a fantastic spine in Hart Kompany Toure Silva and Aguerro..

I just think they couldn't hack it in the end.. next season they will have learnt from this years experience..

Wenger has a great spine too.. just needs to add the right players and hope Wilkshire can play the whole season and the Ox carries on with his progress... not forgetting that RvP stays..

When ManC looked good earlier in the season I suspect it was their super-star players playing to their respective reputations - everything worked, the players were all over their opponents - but was it team-work? As I think I said at the time (and I hoped) when things don't go so well, as the season wears on and players get tired and don't much fancy playing twice a week when it's cold and wet will the super-stars still perform? What I think we've seen is some of the players have gone off and then, when a true team might still perform they have showed that their team-work as such is non-existent. That's my theory anyway.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Difficult to believe that they are the number 2 and 3 teams in the country watching yesterday's game. Arsenal might be good for a domestic cup run next year but I can't see much more than that. Chelsea and the Manchesters will be competing for the league and Wenger will be focussed on 4th and the CL money. The question football needs to ask itself is When will this CL qualification charade be brought to an end?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:14 pm

villainies wrote:Difficult to believe that they are the number 2 and 3 teams in the country watching yesterday's game. Arsenal might be good for a domestic cup run next year but I can't see much more than that. Chelsea and the Manchesters will be competing for the league and Wenger will be focussed on 4th and the CL money. The question football needs to ask itself is When will this CL qualification charade be brought to an end?

That might be your wish but the facts are, right now, ManC are a spent (in every sense of the word) force, Chelsea are a shambles and Arsenal (still without Jack Wilshere) are on the rise. If we're going on current form it's ManU top, Arsenal second, possibly Newcastle third. Still, no doubt both Chelsea and ManC will continue their respective spending but I'm not really expecting too much change.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 pm

Form Is over a season.. Man City will finish second and will 100% be involved in title race next year..

Arsenal are showing signs they can join the party.. Key recruits in summer needed thou..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Form Is over a season.. Man City will finish second and will 100% be involved in title race next year..

Arsenal are showing signs they can join the party.. Key recruits in summer needed thou..

I agree.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum