JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walcott in last year of contract

4 posters

Go down

Walcott in last year of contract Empty Walcott in last year of contract

Post  MrMagoo Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:13 pm

If nothing is agreed, he can talk to other clubs in January and leave next summer for free.

Will he sign a new deal if Van Persie leaves?
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Walcott in last year of contract Empty Re: Walcott in last year of contract

Post  jpr60 Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Who knows? If he wants to leave he'll leave (i.e. more money = "bigger club", "more chances to win trophies") he no doubt will. If he wants to stay he'll be made an offer and might accept it. If he truly wants to stay he will (Koscielny, Vermaelen having signed new contracts - they like the job they're doing).
I'm a touch peed off with the "will-he, won't he?" situations we keep coming up against year in, year out. The club doesn't put themselves in a position where their players come into their last year of contract without having a new one, it's the players and, I suspect those that allow that scenario to happen aren't truly at one with the club. They don't have to be, of course, but in that case "ship the buggers out" is my feeling.
Perhaps that club-loyalty thing doesn't exist any more but I'd much rather have the squad peopled by players who love the club, respect the manager than those who have one eye on the next potential salary-hike/signing-on fee etc.
RvP is a case in point. We've brought the player in, brought him on through various problems including, of course his injuries - he's had the chance to develop in teams featuring some of the best footballers of all time (Bergkamp, Henry) and now, after one full season when his development has come to fruition he's listened to the siren sounds of the Mancinis, the Fergies and feels he doesn't agree with Arsenal's development plans! Whatever the facts (and one supposes money is the biggest attraction) he can, IMO do one!
If there are others in the squad like him, my advice is - PHUCK OFF RIGHT NOW. We don't need you!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Welcome to our world jaypers. Barry, Milner and Young in recent years all fecked off to the top clubs. And this is the thing, ten years ago it would've been unthinkable to see Arsenal as anything but a top club for the long term but these days they aren't competing with the Man U's, Man Cities and Chelseas of this world. Just like every other club in the prem Arsenal players are now genuine targets for the top teams.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:27 pm

A true clubman is hard to find these days, outside the top echelon. Not too much loyalty on either side, to be honest.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:16 am

Bedshammer wrote:A true clubman is hard to find these days, outside the top echelon. Not too much loyalty on either side, to be honest.

I think The Arsenal are pretty loyal to their players - over the years there've been those that were repeatedly injured yet the club stood by them - in recent times RvP, Rosicky, Diaby - and it would be nice if such loyalty were occasionally reciprocated (eh, Mr van Persie ?), still, no point in hoping for miracles.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum