JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just like in days of old............

4 posters

Go down

Just like in days of old............ Empty Just like in days of old............

Post  jpr60 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:19 pm

I always used to enjoy the Arsenal v Chelsea matches, whether in the league or cup, it was always a game to look forward to, red'n white verses blue'n white, two London teams with plenty of talent on show - then Abramovic came along and somehow changed the feelings (mine, actually) to hatred.
Yet I'm hoping tomorrow's match will be more like the "good old days" - I'm really looking forward to it and trust that we'll see a good game - come on Arsenal, time to redress the balance and prove that there is only "One Team In London"!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Just like in days of old............ Empty Re: Just like in days of old............

Post  jak Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:42 pm

I endorse and echo your sentiments entirely, jpr.

jak

Back to top Go down

Just like in days of old............ Empty Re: Just like in days of old............

Post  villanfromluton Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Have been impressed with Arsenal this season, Bould seems to have had an impact
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:42 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Have been impressed with Arsenal this season, Bould seems to have had an impact
The signing of Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud are proving to be excellent. We are now moving the ball much more quickly. Arteta is a revelation and Mertesacker has now picked up the pace of the PL, his anticipation is excellent. He plays well with Vermaen or Koscelny who can also play together in Merts absence. Jenkinson has improved out of all recognition.
In short, we have a much better TEAM this year. With Wilshire to return, fingers crossed for him, the future is looking bright.
This time last season, when we were beaten by Man U, we had TEN players out injured including all four full backs.
Our squad has a much more balanced look about it this term.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Jak, I totally agree Carzorla looks a top class player and Podolski has started excellently, Giroud not so sure about him. Just think the team is better organised to be honest
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jak, I totally agree Carzorla looks a top class player and Podolski has started excellently, Giroud not so sure about him. Just think the team is better organised to be honest

If you watch Cazorla, he's always looking to move the ball forward quickly. With Podolski and Gervinho prepared to run off the ball it gives him alternative targets to pick up, Though I think Gervinho needs to be a bit more thoughtful in possession. I don't see why Wenger won't let Walcott play in the role he's given Gervinho. For me Walcott would do the Job much better.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 pm

To be fair to Wenger, Walcott should not be dictating where he plays, though apparently Wenger said a couple of years back his position would be up top. I think he would do well
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:59 pm

So we fecked up defensively today, right back to the way we conceded most of our 49 goals last season.
Why the mercurial Mertesacker did not play against a top side like Chelsea, I'll never know.
When Diaby went off Ramsey moved central into a position he just cannot fill and Ox-C was played wide right when all we're told is how good he is centrally.
Walcott was invisible in the game, again, that's why they're not going to give him a great contract, he's so inconsistent.
Gervinho scored a great goal but for the rest of the game he showed a lack of intelligence, he's just not my type of player.
The crowd put more energy into booing Cole and Terry than they did into supporting The Arsenal, Stupid!!!!
Anyway, you just cannot donate two goals to a top side and expect to win. A disappointing day!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:09 pm

Saw the first goal, good by Torres, but as a defender, I would be embarrassed he was able to do that. Would he have got that srile in against Bould, I reckon not?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Saw the first goal, good by Torres, but as a defender, I would be embarrassed he was able to do that. Would he have got that srile in against Bould, I reckon not?

Koscelny was too easily muscled out of it by the not very muscular £50m man.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Jakm the german lad would not have allowed that finish imo
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:03 pm

A few defensive mistakes but a top top striker and you would have 16-18 points this season.....

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:16 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:A few defensive mistakes but a top top striker and you would have 16-18 points this season.....

Problem is a top top striker would cost in excess of 200,000 per week plus a massive transfer fee and that's a bit out of our league at present. There's also no guarantee that their top top striker will be your top top striker. Bottom
line is, if we'd have defended well, we'd have beaten the two top teams in the land.
I think we've got a really good side but we've shown again today that, against the top teams, Koscelny and Vermaelen cannot play together.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:45 am

An overall poor performance coupled with defensive bungling gave the game to Chelsea.
1) BFG, arguably our most consistent player this season is rested, leaving two similar players (Vermaelen, Koscielny) in central defence - we clearly lacked organization at the back.
2) Diaby, unfortunately picked up an inevitable injury and the midfield was re-shaped - I thought we'd run the midfield against Chelsea but we never really got going.
3) Cazorla - a clever player - needs to get his shooting boots on. 3 times the ball was played back to him in the area and 3 times he skied it - if that was Gervinho we'd be taking the p!ss, meanwhile he scored a great goal with the one chance he had!
I'm so effin' p!ssed off by that performance yesterday - get a grip Arsene, you've got a damned good squad there so don't eff about with the team selection - we've got some catching-up to do in the league plus a CL match to win!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:16 pm

jak wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:A few defensive mistakes but a top top striker and you would have 16-18 points this season.....

Problem is a top top striker would cost in excess of 200,000 per week plus a massive transfer fee and that's a bit out of our league at present. There's also no guarantee that their top top striker will be your top top striker. Bottom
line is, if we'd have defended well, we'd have beaten the two top teams in the land.
I think we've got a really good side but we've shown again today that, against the top teams, Koscelny and Vermaelen cannot play together.

I agree you look a lot better.. Obv you see your team a lot more but it does seen a clinical finisher is missing.. A few chances Giroud had in your opening set of games if they had been put away you would be top or second.. That could be the difference come the end of the season..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:20 pm

jpr60 wrote:An overall poor performance coupled with defensive bungling gave the game to Chelsea.
1) BFG, arguably our most consistent player this season is rested, leaving two similar players (Vermaelen, Koscielny) in central defence - we clearly lacked organization at the back.
2) Diaby, unfortunately picked up an inevitable injury and the midfield was re-shaped - I thought we'd run the midfield against Chelsea but we never really got going.
3) Cazorla - a clever player - needs to get his shooting boots on. 3 times the ball was played back to him in the area and 3 times he skied it - if that was Gervinho we'd be taking the p!ss, meanwhile he scored a great goal with the one chance he had!
I'm so effin' p!ssed off by that performance yesterday - get a grip Arsene, you've got a damned good squad there so don't eff about with the team selection - we've got some catching-up to do in the league plus a CL match to win!

I agree with most of what you say jpr, this IS a very good squad but its vital to play our best team against the best teams. I just cannot see, for the life of me, why the BFG was left out for this game.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum