JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here it is........

3 posters

Go down

Here it is........ Empty Here it is........

Post  jpr60 Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:03 pm

we're gonna stuff QPR tomorrow, give them a serious going over. Back to the high-scoring performances of (just) a few weeks back - it's gonna happen folks cos we're back in business. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Here it is........ Empty Re: Here it is........

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:28 am

OK, I'm happy with the three points though!
We'll have to save the "thrashing" for the next match - what's that? League Cup against Reading. Or the following one - yes, that'll do, give ManU a right tonking on their own patch next weekend! Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:48 am

Yes the points were good and you have to win ugly sometimes.
But we were lucky.
I worry when even a muppet like Hughes can sort us out tactically.
I look at our team and for me we are a superior unit to Man U but Ferguson gets so much more from his players.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:34 pm

True - and a few matches back I thought we were heading towards being a dominant attacking force - it would be good if we could realise the potential in our squad cos there's some seriously gifted players in there. I haven't given up hope and a good win at Old Trafford would certainly provide grounds for optimism.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Still think your missing a top top striker.. Someone who can win you a game with one chance..

How many points do the goners think you would have if RvP was still at the club..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Still think your missing a top top striker.. Someone who can win you a game with one chance..

How many points do the goners think you would have if RvP was still at the club..

We've had players down the years who could score, we've had players come in who couldn't until they'd settled. The RvP question is hypothetical and our new players are finding their collective feet. As I say, I think we've got an extremely strong attacking potential so I'm hoping we'll take off soon. Next week?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 pm

jpr60 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Still think your missing a top top striker.. Someone who can win you a game with one chance..

We've had players down the years who could score, we've had players come in who couldn't until they'd settled. The RvP question is hypothetical and our new players are finding their collective feet. As I say, I think we've got an extremely strong attacking potential so I'm hoping we'll take off soon. Next week?

The striker is not getting the service, no ball no goal.
We are moving the ball backwards and forwards across the edge of the oppo penalty area. Our build up is pedestrian. We have all our players in the area for corners giving us no outlet, hence we allow the oppo to exploit out weakness. The more likely you are to mount a counter attack, the more the opposition has to defend that, they can't commit all their players to pressing you back into your own area. Our tactics amaze me.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:22 pm

jpr60 wrote:OK, I'm happy with the three points though!
We'll have to save the "thrashing" for the next match - what's that? League Cup against Reading. Or the following one - yes, that'll do, give ManU a right tonking on their own patch next weekend! Very Happy

Not quite the "thrashing" I had in mind - we'll seriously have to do ManU this weekend though!
I've never seen a 7-5 scoreline in (so-called) top-class football - what sort of game was that? Have to say I'd anticipated us having a tough match against a physically strong Reading side although I didn't expect to be 3-0 down inside half-an-hour. We were poor in the first half yet somehow managed to get back in during the second half (effective half-time team-talk?) - I'd assumed we were dead-and-buried - oh well, never say die, eh?
Beat ManU - I don't mind the same scoreline but I'd prefer a 0 - 2 TBH!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum