JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well the Black Lawyer....

5 posters

Go down

Well the Black Lawyer.... Empty Well the Black Lawyer....

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 am

seems to have stirred up a real can of worms...... I doubt this would have been happening without the Association of Black Lawyers stirring things up..... Or is it happening and the media are sensationalising it???

West Ham could face a Football Association probe following allegations that their fans sang anti-Semitic chants at Tottenham on Sunday.
Full story: the Guardian
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Well the Black Lawyer.... Empty Re: Well the Black Lawyer....

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am

It happened, apparently. A very small minority, but still shameful. West Ham have had a small contingent of Lazio ultras who travel to home games ever since the Paolo days. I've seen them at games a d i think there's some stuff on Youtube. I've also heard credible reports that a few Old Skool Arseholes who need to grow up were involved in the attack on Spurs fans in Rome last week.

It was generally an arsy day yesterday, trouble from West Ham fans in Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street before the game, bad atmosphere on the train and around the ground. Glad we didn't go to be honest, I would have felt uncomfortable because I can't move too quickly at the moment.

Not a day to be proud of if you're a Hammer. The owners need to look at it and will have to pay any fine.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:49 am

My question was really is this sort of thing common or has it been blown up but this idiot lawyer ???
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 am

FrenchSpur wrote:My question was really is this sort of thing common or has it been blown up but this idiot lawyer ???

It's not uncommon, but he seems to be putting himself in the frame at the moment. He's found a bandwagon to jump on. Some fixtures attract it (Spurs v West Ham, Man U v Liverpool is just as offensive about Hillsborough and Munich). We get called West Pakistan (oh, the wit), Millwall get called the Pikey boys and there are probably other examples.

But I do wonder why Spurs fans call themselves the Yid Army if it's such an offensive term.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 pm

He is certainly pissing a few people off but from what I've read about him he isn't shy of controvery and he is right at the top of his game. I think he'll get football to face up to a few hometruths over the next few years. I don;t think the FA can afford to ignore this man.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm

villainies wrote:He is certainly pissing a few people off but from what I've read about him he isn't shy of controvery and he is right at the top of his game. I think he'll get football to face up to a few hometruths over the next few years. I don;t think the FA can afford to ignore this man.

I disagree. I think he's a self-promoting twat.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
villainies wrote:He is certainly pissing a few people off but from what I've read about him he isn't shy of controvery and he is right at the top of his game. I think he'll get football to face up to a few hometruths over the next few years. I don;t think the FA can afford to ignore this man.

He has fried bigger fish than the FA in his time according to his CV so I think he would see this as a challenge worth taking on. I'm quite enjoying seeing someone push the FA into some sort of action about the casual bigotry that clubs, police, fans and the game's authorties quite happily turn a blind eye to.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:29 pm

He.made an unfounded allegation about Clattenburg based on hearsay alone. By that standard, I could go to the police and the media accuse you of rape and it would be a valid accusation. There's no difference. He's not fighting against bigotry, he's fighting for his own self promotion and along with Chelsea FC he's damaging the cause he claims to champion.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:32 pm

villainies wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

He has fried bigger fish than the FA in his time according to his CV so I think he would see this as a challenge worth taking on. I'm quite enjoying seeing someone push the FA into some sort of action about the casual bigotry that clubs, police, fans and the game's authorties quite happily turn a blind eye to.

You seem to quite like the bloke.... I think he is an opportunist stirring up trouble where there is none... I think yesterdays problems at WHL were all down to him sticking his nose in to something that is very marginal and blowing it out of all proportion... The idiot is a trouble maker
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Bedshammer wrote:He.made an unfounded allegation about Clattenburg based on hearsay alone. By that standard, I could go to the police and the media accuse you of rape and it would be a valid accusation. There's no difference. He's not fighting against bigotry, he's fighting for his own self promotion and along with Chelsea FC he's damaging the cause he claims to champion.

Beds, the problem as i see it is with false allegations made by players not the QC reporting it to the police. The police looked at it , there is no case to answer and we move on.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 pm

villainies wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:He.made an unfounded allegation about Clattenburg based on hearsay alone. By that standard, I could go to the police and the media accuse you of rape and it would be a valid accusation. There's no difference. He's not fighting against bigotry, he's fighting for his own self promotion and along with Chelsea FC he's damaging the cause he claims to champion.

Beds, the problem as i see it is with false allegations made by players not the QC reporting it to the police. The police looked at it , there is no case to answer and we move on.

You do know there is a law against making false allegations ???
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:58 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
villainies wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

You seem to quite like the bloke.... I think he is an opportunist stirring up trouble where there is none... I think yesterdays problems at WHL were all down to him sticking his nose in to something that is very marginal and blowing it out of all proportion... The idiot is a trouble maker

I don;t know much about him TBH Frenchie but he has worked in this field at the top level for 30 years. I don't buy the self promotion thing, he's worked on War Crimes cases so I think he's a bit beyond wanting his 15 minutes. Whilst I'm not sure he is going about it in the best manner I do agree that football has to take a long, hard look at itself. Not just here but all over the world and it will take someone like this to get the authorities to take it seriously.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:07 pm

villainies wrote:

And shit sticks. He has damaged Clattenburg's reputation. He could have reported it to the police without presenting it to the media but he chose not to. Like I said, he's a self promoting twat.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:08 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
villainies wrote:

You do know there is a law against making false allegations ???

so the Police should have a word with the players making the false allegations. His view is that stuff like this can't just be judged by the FA behind closed doors. I agree with that.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
villainies wrote:

And shit sticks. He has damaged Clattenburg's reputation. He could have reported it to the police without presenting it to the media but he chose not to. Like I said, he's a self promoting twat.

No way of keeping it out of the press Bedsy. I think the vast majority of the public will make up their own mind based on the evidence presented to them. Nothing to answer for Clattenburg, whereas as just a few weeks back Terry was cleared even though it's clear as day he's a racist thug.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:26 pm

villainies wrote:

No way of keeping it out of the press Bedsy. I think the vast majority of the public will make up their own mind based on the evidence presented to them. Nothing to answer for Clattenburg, whereas as just a few weeks back Terry was cleared even though it's clear as day he's a racist thug.

Cleared by a court of law, so surely the FA shouldn't even have banned him?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Terry wasn't cleared by the FA though, was he?. You might not agree with his punishment, but he wasn't cleared. And Herbert sought out the media, didn't even try to keep it low key. He's had SSN wanking all over him for weeks now, just another twat who thinks ethics is a county east of London when you scratch the surface. Still, it's raised his profile, eh? People will know who to contact if they want to accuse someone of racism. Sort of human product placement.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Terry wasn't cleared by the FA though, was he?. You might not agree with his punishment, but he wasn't cleared. And Herbert sought out the media, didn't even try to keep it low key. He's had SSN wanking all over him for weeks now, just another twat who thinks ethics is a county east of London when you scratch the surface. Still, it's raised his profile, eh? People will know who to contact if they want to accuse someone of racism. Sort of human product placement.

and fair play to the FA for doing the right thing on that one, even though the punishment was an utter farce.

I don't think its possible to keep the media out of a football incident like that tbh and he is definitely going to use the media further to keep these issues in the public forum.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:58 pm

It doesn't mean he's right though. He's already chairman of an organisation that excludes members by the colour of their skin. Imagine if the BNP were to do that, he's a hypocrite as well as a self-promoting publicity seeking twat. Like an X Factor wannabe but more dangerous.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Spoke to a Spud mate who was at the game, who said there was a minority chanting stuff about the Lazio attacks who were quickly drowned out by the majority of fans and then ejected by stewards but didn't hear anything anti-Semitic outside of the usual "we'll be running round Tottenham..." chant.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Bedshammer wrote:It happened, apparently. A very small minority, but still shameful. West Ham have had a small contingent of Lazio ultras who travel to home games ever since the Paolo days. I've seen them at games a d i think there's some stuff on Youtube. I've also heard credible reports that a few Old Skool Arseholes who need to grow up were involved in the attack on Spurs fans in Rome last week.

It was generally an arsy day yesterday, trouble from West Ham fans in Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street before the game, bad atmosphere on the train and around the ground. Glad we didn't go to be honest, I would have felt uncomfortable because I can't move too quickly at the moment.Not a day to be proud of if you're a Hammer. The owners need to look at it and will have to pay any fine.

Feckin 'ell Beds, you're taking a chance saying that on here. Shocked

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:09 am

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down