JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a new topic - BUT - the offside law

5 posters

Go down

Not a new topic  - BUT - the offside law Empty Not a new topic - BUT - the offside law

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:51 pm

I get more confused by the day on this

I posted last season about how Da Silva of Man U yards offside jumped over the ball right in front of the Derby goalie however the goal stood - because he never touched the ball (the fact that he completely obscured the vision of the Derby goalie doesn´t seem to matter anymore)

However - and I would never want to be accused of being a Wenger apologist

BUT

The last minute "goal" by Van Persie - it is abundantly clear that it was a Man U defender that headed the ball across the goal - the fact that an Arsenal player might have been offside - he never made any contact whatsoever the ball - and never came close to - but conveniently in this case the ruling seemed to be different.....

Back to top Go down

Not a new topic  - BUT - the offside law Empty Re: Not a new topic - BUT - the offside law

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:25 pm

the manu defender had to attack the ball because of the arsenal player challanging him for it, thats offside, regardless if he never touched it, he was involved. Its a bit simple really

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Not a new topic  - BUT - the offside law Empty Re: Not a new topic - BUT - the offside law

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:55 pm

BUT

If Da Silva was not about a yard in front of the Derby goalie the keeper would have had a totally different view of the ball

The fact that he did not touch it does not alter the fact that he was YARDS offside unlike the Arsenal player who at best might have been a foot offside

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Lionheart wrote:BUT

If Da Silva was not about a yard in front of the Derby goalie the keeper would have had a totally different view of the ball

The fact that he did not touch it does not alter the fact that he was YARDS offside unlike the Arsenal player who at best might have been a foot offside

I have not seen that incident

All i'm saying is, the arsenal player was active because he challanged the defender for the ball, the defender won the ball and headed it across for the goal, but that wouldnt have happened if not for the off-side player, and regardless 1 foot or 10 off-side is off-side

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:10 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Lionheart wrote:BUT

I have not seen that incident

All i'm saying is, the arsenal player was active because he challanged the defender for the ball, the defender won the ball and headed it across for the goal, but that wouldnt have happened if not for the off-side player, and regardless 1 foot or 10 off-side is off-side

And thats the way it should be.. none of this not interfering with play crap, offside is offside
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:13 pm

The Arsenal player did challenge for the ball, so was active, hence offside.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Good evening Magoo

Am 100% with you on this

The only way to have a proper rule is offside is offside - end of story

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Lionheart wrote:Good evening Magoo

Am 100% with you on this

The only way to have a proper rule is offside is offside - end of story

Evening Lion

Before all this interfering with play nonsense came in, it was much easier for the referees and linesmen.

Ok, it was tough on some teams when they scored a good goal that was disallowed when a guy out near wing was offside, and nowhere near the play, but everyone knew if you were offside that was it.
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  lass Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:34 pm

erm in lay man terms please state the off side rules so that a mere female like myself can understand starting with number 1 thank you bounce
lass
lass
Da Boss's Wench

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:45 pm

lass wrote:erm in lay man terms please state the off side rules so that a mere female like myself can understand starting with number 1 thank you bounce

Lass its very complicated - however I´m in England in September so perhaps we should meet at the Holiday Inn at Heathrow Airport where I could spend the whole night explaining to you all of its complexities -which you can then pass on to Magoo

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Lionheart wrote:
lass wrote:erm in lay man terms please state the off side rules so that a mere female like myself can understand starting with number 1 thank you bounce

Lass its very complicated - however I´m in England in September so perhaps we should meet at the Holiday Inn at Heathrow Airport where I could spend the whole night explaining to you all of its complexities -which you can then pass on to Magoo

With a clap ?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum