JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tasty win

2 posters

Go down

Tasty win Empty Tasty win

Post  jpr60 Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:17 pm

I know, Sunderland, we should beat them anyway but the way the match went it was looking as though "The Fates" were against us.
Totally controlled the first half - Arsenal players were being fouled left, right and centre (Cattermole, mostly) and rarely did the ref bother to acknowledge it (OK, he did yellow-card Cattermole but the number of fouls he'd committed were worthy of heavier punishment). Mignolet made some ace saves to keep the score down to 1-0 at half time but then, second half, our lad Jenkinson made a second clumsy challenge, two yellows and he was off. Meanwhile Larsson (our ex-junior) came on to replace Cattermole and fouled both Ramsey and Wilshere in the space of thirty seconds and received no punishment whatsoever!
We should still have scored at least two more - Cazorla (first-half goalscorer) dropped back into "where's-the-goal?" mode for a couple of chances and Theo beat everyone, including Mignolet on the run but saw his chipped finish come back off the post - Giroud also managed to whack a couple high and/or wide - then we were under seige, 11 against 10 and it was a bit like a cup-tie - corners, Szczesny pulled off a couple of saves of his own to keep the clean sheet and we won it.
We've got some injuries now - perhaps a week wll be enough to ensure we're OK for The Cup and CL matches coming up - meanwhile, well played The Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Tasty win Empty Re: Tasty win

Post  jak Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Yes, a battling performance against a team of leave the foot in cloggers. I have to say, though I haven't been an admirer of his recently, Sagna filled in very well indeed at centre back. Well done you Gunners!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum