JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last 3 games.

+3
Bedshammer
QBVILLA
jpr60
7 posters

Go down

Last 3 games. Empty Last 3 games.

Post  jpr60 Fri May 03, 2013 7:52 pm

If we win the last three games we'll finish in the top four = Champions League place for next season. I believe we deserve to finish top four so now we just have to prove it.
QPR away, Wigan at home, Newcastle away - they are the fixtures.
To start with - QPR away - we need a convincing win IMO. OK, I'd settle for a 1-0 but, if we're on a roll we need to show what we'ere about. A Big-Boost win (3 or 4-0), because the next two matches are against teams perhaps fighting for survival in the PL. Imagine, final match of the season in Newcastle, they need to win (or draw) to remain in the Premier League - that's as hard a match as you'll get all season!
Come on Arsenal, let's see that gut-feel need-to-win coupled with the technical capability I know we have - it's all about the future!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Last 3 games. Empty Re: Last 3 games.

Post  QBVILLA Fri May 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Of the three I expect Wigan at home to be the toughest
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 03, 2013 8:43 pm

I think west Ham'll win tomorrow, making us completely safe. We always lose to Everton, and I can't call the last game v Reading. Neither side has anything to play for.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 am

Game One. We got the three points but didn't half make hard work of it. Obviously we should have won by more but there's that lack of conviction - thanks to Szczesny for being on blob. Oh well, "One nil to The Arsenal, One nil to the Arsenal......"
We'll need to improve for games two and three!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 13, 2013 6:42 pm

I think (hope/trust) we're gonna show our class for the final two games of the season. Anyone who ain't up for doin'it for the club in these games can find a new home for next season and quick!
The squad we've got can give anyone a game and since most of 'em are fit and available I'm expecting some serious performances - big effin' wins againat teams who are struggling, starting tomorrow, our last home game, against Wigan. Wigan are gonna come out firing - they need six points to survive in the Premier League - well they ain't getting any tomorrow!
Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 13, 2013 6:59 pm

I've always loved Arsenal
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon May 13, 2013 7:50 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I've always loved Arsenal

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue May 14, 2013 11:34 am

Up the Arse
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 15, 2013 7:57 am

Reasonable performance there, with a few wobbles but I thought everyone played well. Carzola with four assists was unlucky not to get a goal himself, Theo played out of his skin (for once), staying disciplined, covering back and using his pace to unnerve the Wigan defence from the start, Szczesney again pulled off a key stop when it was 1-1, the defence looked good, Ramsey gave his all, Rosicky harried everyone and Podolski showed his goal-scoring prowess. Only Arteta looked a touch out of form - perhaps he's had a too-long season and/or is not fully fit - anyway looks like that's his final game as he went off with a calf injury.
Final game against the bar-codes - Giroud could be back in and perhaps we'll need Wilshere to start if Arteta isn't available. Just need that final, convincing performance - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Would've liked to have finished third but I'll accept fourth - not the best performance of the season but a "1-0 to The Arsenal" is OK if it means we get CL next year.
Now it's all over I HATE IT! I truly hate it when the season is over - total depression will settle in immediately and I'll be left to swan about picking on football tit-bits until we see the new season fixture list. Meanwhile all we've got to hear about is Mourinho's worst season ever (I trust it'll be surpassed by an even worse one if/when he "settles" back in England - I've got a feeling his second Chelsea coming will be a massive flop)! 2013-2014 could be an interesting season undeed, but it's SO FAR AWAY! AAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 am

Job done, Arsenal !!!
Now with some strengthening we can be contenders again.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Yes indeed - we've got something to build on............

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed May 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Three top signings in the summer and I think Arsenal are a realistic title contender. The only club in the top 4 who start the season with the same manager has to be an advantage. Question is though, will Arsene splash the cash?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Three top signings in the summer and I think Arsenal are a realistic title contender. The only club in the top 4 who start the season with the same manager has to be an advantage. Question is though, will Arsene splash the cash?

I would say a top centre forward, defensive CM are certainly needed, possibly a keeper as well. Also someone out wide on the left maybe as Cazorla is a top player but surely will be better in the middle. I agree with having the same manager will help but I think they will do well to finish higher than 4th next season.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 am

I wonder if two playmakers can play together in the same team.
Wilshire and Cazorla seem to be one schemer too many to me.
They're both excellent players but in the same side?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 30, 2013 4:08 pm

jak wrote:I wonder if two playmakers can play together in the same team.
Wilshire and Cazorla seem to be one schemer too many to me.
They're both excellent players but in the same side?

Villa & Iniesta seem to work fine at Barca.
My concern is hearing that Cesc might leave Barca with the Manc clubs interested. I mean, if Cesc returns to English football (and TBH I never thought he would despite our having "first refusal" apparently) it's with The Arsenal innit?!
So, next concern, Wee Jack, Santi and Cesc - how does that work? I don't know but I'd love to see it!!!!!!!!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri May 31, 2013 5:51 am

I would hate to see Fabregas at another PL club but I can't see how he'd fit into the Arsenal set up.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 31, 2013 10:43 am

jak wrote:I would hate to see Fabregas at another PL club but I can't see how he'd fit into the Arsenal set up.

I'd like to see a midfield four, Arteta holding, Wilshere, Cesc and Santi running the show with a couple of strikers - Theo and Giroud/Podolski.
Ramsey and The Ox would provide excellent back-up. As I say, if Cesc comes back to England it's only to The Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri May 31, 2013 11:16 am

Unfortunately they'd get muscled out of it by the more physical PL sides.
All great players but in the PL you must have a work horse in midfield.
Ramsey has stepped into that role in the final part of the season and made a big difference to our ability to grind out a result.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri May 31, 2013 11:30 am

If Fabregas is available you should get him in..

A top CB and a ST and you will be back in business..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 31, 2013 1:20 pm

jak wrote:Unfortunately they'd get muscled out of it by the more physical PL sides.
All great players but in the PL you must have a work horse in midfield.
Ramsey has stepped into that role in the final part of the season and made a big difference to our ability to grind out a result.

I reckon Wilshere and Cesc can look after themselves, we know Arteta can and I didn't see Santi getting put down by anyone in his first PL season. I agree with the work-horse role though - a touch of the Romford-Pele's - still, the thought of that midfield would put the shits up most opponents!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 31, 2013 2:42 pm

I did read that you were after the Sunderland keeper Mignolet for 10m - got to say on the few occassions that I have seen him havent been too impressed
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri May 31, 2013 3:09 pm

Cesc Wilshere Carzola
Walcott------Podolski
-------Giroud-------

Arteta comes on as soon as Wilshere gets injured, so 10th minute in the first game of the season. Very Happy

Plus the 'small players being bullied' thing doesn't apply any more to be honest, in today's game of football.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 31, 2013 10:36 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Cesc Wilshere Carzola
Walcott------Podolski
-------Giroud-------

Arteta comes on as soon as Wilshere gets injured, so 10th minute in the first game of the season. Very Happy

Plus the 'small players being bullied' thing doesn't apply any more to be honest, in today's game of football.

They wont win the premiership with Giroud up front and Podolski on the left
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum