JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's Something Wrong

5 posters

Go down

There's Something Wrong Empty There's Something Wrong

Post  jak Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:08 pm

The Arsenal just don't seem to have a deal closer. What are we doing feckin about with Hannibal Lecter when all we had to do was chip in another few quid and the Higuain deal would have been done and dusted.
We do not have enough cover at centre back and the same goes in midfield. To add to a bad situation we've got some dodgy injuries to contest with.
We showed toward the end of last season that we have the basis of a good squad, for fecks sake don't let another season pass us by because we didn't get the deals done.
Come on you overpaid backroom boys, get your fingers out or go cap in hand to David Dein to show you how it's done!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

There's Something Wrong Empty Re: There's Something Wrong

Post  QBVILLA Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:45 am

Every season the media tell us that Arsenal have an absolute bundle of cash to spend. When was the last time they spent significantly more than they sold? Something stinks.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:19 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Every season the media tell us that Arsenal have an absolute bundle of cash to spend. When was the last time they spent significantly more than they sold? Something stinks.

Thats Jak's gruns
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Fair enough you want Suarez and it is the type of transfer that can drag on but what about players in other positions.. a CB maybe a full back a Veira type midfielder..

Wenger was the type of manager that you would be confident who could find a 10M CM who would be an asset.. there are a lot of players out there but they all seem to be slipping through Arsenal's fingers..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:28 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Fair enough you want Suarez and it is the type of transfer that can drag on but what about players in other positions.. a CB maybe a full back a Veira type midfielder..

Wenger was the type of manager that you would be confident who could find a 10M CM who would be an asset.. there are a lot of players out there but they all seem to be slipping through Arsenal's fingers..

Yes because they sod about trying to be clever.
Higuain was ideal for us, the deal was there but they weren't prepared to pay a very few million more. Now we're in blind pursuit of the troublesome Suarez.
For what Liverpool want for him, we could have, more or less, signed Higuain AND Fellaini. Tell me that's not a better option than Suarez.
The back room boys behind Wenger are fecking useless. We haven't dealt well in the transfer market since Dein left and that's too many years now.
We have been near to having a competitive squad for sometime but it's as if the world can see it but the people who matter at The Arsenal are blind to what's required.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 am

I think a season where Arsenal finish outside of the top 4 would be beneficial in the long run. A massive club with small club mentality when it comes to investing in players.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:24 pm

The thing is Arsenal have signed big players in the past (OK more often they've been up-and-coming players who became big at Arsenal) so I have no problem with the club mentality at all. I'm pretty sure Arsenal and Arsene Wenger would like to have three players into the squad before the season commences and that they have been making the necessary moves to achieve that - let's wait and see, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:42 pm

When was the last time Arsenal started the season with a better squad than what they'd finished the previous season with? The amount of money your fans pay and the revenue the club generates i think you are being cheated. 4th is a great achievement for the likes of Spurs and Everton but imo 4th spot should be viewed as a failure for a club of Arsenal's calibre.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:49 pm

The Arsenal are a great club. We've had the privilege of having played at one of the great stadiums - Highbury - and today have a remarkable home at Ashburton Grove. We have, of course had some magnificent players over the years, we've won lots of trophies and in relatively recent times had a squad that went unbeaten throughout a championship season.
We would like to win everything all the time but we know that we can't. Even today's Big-Money teams (Man City, Chelsea) can't win everything, all the time. If money really counts then fourth place is probably our "correct" berth in the league - Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd then us - so less than fourth is unacceptable.
However I would like to think that money isn't the deciding factor and hope that we can claim first place this coming season. To do so I believe we'll need three "new" players (where "new" probably means signings but, perhaps there'll be a player who emerges from the junior ranks this time around, who knows?) and I trust our management team to do the necessary. I'd feel cheated if we failed this time around due to having an inadequate squad - we await good news!

Last edited by jpr60 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 pm

It's about competition and Arsenal need to be signing three players who are at their or very near their peak. You could argue that had you retained RVP, Fabregas and Song then you'd have a chance of a title chance but all three with the possible exception of RVP were sold when they were approaching their peak. We had it at Villa when we lost Young,Barry,Downing and Milner in two years. At the time we were on the brink of bridging the gap from 6th to 4th. Those players were replaced with lesser talents and subsequently three relegation battles have followed. Obviously it's on a different scale but Arteta and Giroud, though good players aren't in the same league as RVP and Fabregas, hence the sizeable points gap between 1st and 4th. Money doesn't guarantee success as you say but City have a league title and an FA Cup in the last three years and Chelsea have the CL, Uefa and FA cup in the same period. Until Arsene Wenger realises that to compete he needs to be signing players for £20m + and paying wages of £150k a week you'll be looking over your shoulders rather than looking at catching the Mancs and Chelsea. Liverpool have paid the price in recent seasons for resting on their laurels, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility for it to happen to Arsenal. As a supporter of Villa, the chances of me seeing a league title in my lifetime is remote to say the least but i'd like to see Arsenal having a right good go at toppling those Mancs.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:26 pm

The Arsenal failed to build a team around Fabregas, preferring to piss around with players like Denilson, who was never up to the job, how did a player like Denilson play in excess of 100 first team games? Fabregas could see that we were going nowhere, so he did the off.
Then a fit Van Persie, what a great player he is and again, we failed to build a team around him and off he went.
With each of RvP and Fabregas the right investment would have seen us with a winning formula.
Now, again, we have the basis of a really good squad that needs more strength in depth. We need at least three players and they have been there for the taking we just had to pay the price. If we enter this season, with all the extra sponsorship money kicking around, without addressing the problem that the world and his uncle can see exist, this will be gross incompetence on behalf of those running the club.
It's not major surgery that's needed, it's adding some quality depth to our squad and I believe we can compete in all competitions.
If the pontification continues past the end of the transfer window as it almost did last season, you'll see some real fireworks at the Emirates and they won't be on the pitch.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:01 pm

That's pretty much how I see it Jak
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:46 pm

I thought you said Arsenal can't afford to splash 150K a week on players when the whole RvP debate was going on..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:05 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I thought you said Arsenal can't afford to splash 150K a week on players when the whole RvP debate was going on..
The figure was 250K, that was RvP's reported wages.
I still don't think we can do that but we are in a better position now than we have been for a few years.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum