JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next

3 posters

Go down

Next Empty Next

Post  jpr60 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:47 pm

We've got to get a win at Craven Cottage. Whoever is fit and ready will have to put in a shift. Three points, that's what we need and IMO are capable of. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Next Empty Re: Next

Post  jak Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Jpr, I think the time has come for you and I to brush off our Diadoras. The bonus is there's no laces to head these days.Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:12 am

jak wrote:Jpr, I think the time has come for you and I to brush off our Diadoras. The bonus is there's no laces to head these days.Very Happy 
I was a Puma Kings man myself but I hear what you're saying. I could step in as a makeshift centre-back although I'd not last the 90 minutes (even if I was fit enough I'd probably be handed a straight red early doors), you could be the holding midfielder if that's OK with you (not too much holding our you'd join me on the red)! I think between us we'd manage to keep the lads afloat bounce 

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 am

Good performance, good result at The Cottage - can't ask more than that! Nice to see my man Podolski taking his chance to score a couple, I trust those rumours about a loan to Shalke are off the mark, he is and should stay in the starting eleven with us IMO! Giroud is also doing his job well and scoring, Sagna played well in central defence and Jenkinson did well as his replacement at right-back. Actually everyone did their job so no complaints from me - now we just need to bolster the squad with a couple of fresh faces and we're up-and-running.
Next up, Fernerbahce again and then, well what'd yer know, it's our Norf-London neighbours coming over for a seeing-to! It's great the football season innit?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:56 am

Good enough against the Turks - a shame that Podolski picked up an injury plus both Ramsey and Wilshere got knocks. Hopefully Ramsey and Wilshere will bo OK for the game on Sunday, Podolski certainly won't though.
Now we await news of who we're obliged to beat in the CL group stages, the welcoming of the newcomers followed by The Spuds on Sunday. 'Tis a great life!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:55 am

Getting tense now - beating the Spuds is a must of course and keeping an eye on who we are to welcome to the club (newcomers, providing they're the right ones being also a must).
Still, it's all good - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Yesssss! A solid performance in terms of team spirit with certain stand-outs, like Aaron Ramsey (again) and Olivier Giroud, both of whom worked themselves into the ground.
If I were to compare the two sides today I'd say, aside from the Spuds 'keeper we were superior across the board but I suppose if you've gone out spending big on several players (Spuds) it'll take time for them to fit in as a team. One question I'd have were I a Spud (Heaven forbid): "If we've spent more than £100 million on players how come Dawson gets to start?" Still, you lose a Bale you gain a (I dunno, who are all those new players - we were asking during the match actually?). Great stuff - now, a breather, time to recuperate and throw out the "Welcome" mat (he said, hopefully). Onwards and upwards, eh?!Very Happy 

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:37 am

I think a draw would've been more reflective of the encounter so Arsenal should look at 3 points as a real bonus. As the Spurs settle these new players I think we'll start to see the top of the premiership take a new shape.....at last.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:18 pm

villainies wrote:I think a draw would've been more reflective of the encounter so Arsenal should look at 3 points as a real bonus. As the Spurs settle these new players I think we'll start to see the top of the premiership take a new shape.....at last.
That could well be but it won't include a team with a cock although their neighbours, The Arsenal could finally climb higher!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:22 pm

I'd like us to give Stoke City a serious seeing-to on Sunday. OK, we need to keep the momentum going but I've never forgiven that cnut Shawcross for what he did to Aaron Ramsey and every time it's Stoke it's that need for footballing revenge - I hope that we win extra-large and that Ramsey keeps his goalscoring form going too - a hat-trick from the young Welshman would be pleasing!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum