JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New level

2 posters

Go down

New level Empty New level

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:25 pm

Despite the fact that the squad is plagued by injuries/illness I was well chuffed to see our performance against Sunderland. Ozil is obviously a major talent but the likes of Ramsey really worked their socks off - an excellent first goal (Gibbs-Ozil) for Giroud and a major strike by Ramsey for the second, followed by superb team-work for the third. Things are indeed looking good plus it can only get better when the walking-wounded return. We're not far off that new level which should see us seriously battling for everything - firstly though there's a tough game in Marseille to contend with. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

New level Empty Re: New level

Post  villainies Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:39 pm

jpr60 wrote:Despite the fact that the squad is plagued by injuries/illness I was well chuffed to see our performance against Sunderland. Ozil is obviously a major talent but the likes of Ramsey really worked their socks off - an excellent first goal (Gibbs-Ozil) for Giroud and a major strike by Ramsey for the second, followed by superb team-work for the third. Things are indeed looking good plus it can only get better when the walking-wounded return. We're not far off that new level which should see us seriously battling for everything - firstly though there's a tough game in Marseille to contend with. Come on Arsenal!
nearly as good as Spurs??
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm

I think we've been better than The Spuds for a long, long time and I've seen nothing as yet this season to change my opinion as regards the present. Biased? Yes but also based on fact.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:29 am

jpr60 wrote:I think we've been better than The Spuds for a long, long time and I've seen nothing as yet this season to change my opinion as regards the present. Biased? Yes  but also based on fact.
I'd say Spurs and Arsenal are almost on a level right now. Whilst they haven't yet managed to pip you in the league yet they have certainly narrowed the gap. Ozil might make a difference but they haven't been slack in the transfer market either.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:10 am

I don't want to talk/think about how slack our Norf London neighbours are - now is the moment to anticipate a good showing down in Marseille. People seem to think that this is something of an easy match to win, I think not. Anyone who's been to Marseille knows how passionate their fans are, the roar of the crowd creates an intimidating atmosphere and it'll be something that The Arsenal will have to cope with. Flamini comes from there, of course (and is reported as saying he'd like to finish his football career there too) so I hope he's out to show what he can do. Keep it lively lads going forward, we may not have Santi but we do have Mesut, it's time for Young Jack to step up and I trust Aaron Ramsey maintains his recent form, not to mention the goalscoring of GIIIIRRRRRROOOOOUUUUUD! However I fancy Theo to be on fire tonight - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:54 am

I'm not much of a "winning-ugly" enthusiast but I suppose that's what we did last night. We looked pretty disjointed for the most part and although there were good performances from some the team as a unit didn't click. Still, a win is a win - to lose would've been a disaster so next in line is Napoli, the team of silly haircuts with an ex-Chelsea manager (Chelsea fans might have noticed that their disliked former manager seems to be doing somewhat better than their current favourite - doesn't The Special One do an excellent sulk?). Onwards and upwards!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum