JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we maintain?

+3
villainies
jak
jpr60
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can we maintain? Empty Can we maintain?

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Back to club football this weekend and the wait to see who's fit, who's available. Despite early fears it seems that Ozil will be OK for the match against Norwich - will this be the first time we see the Cazorla-Ozil magic? I hope so. I'm seriously thinking we can see off Norwich and keep our top-spot for another week, a week in which we'll host Dortmund at The Grove. Isn't life grand?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Can we maintain? Empty Re: Can we maintain?

Post  jak Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Great to get back to the PL.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:16 pm

And what a performance that was! We should've had the game sewn up by half-time but the Norwich keeper was good. We turned off a bit for around 15 minutes in the second half but for 75 minutes yesterday we were the business. Three excellent team goals, one fantastic piece of brilliance from Aaron Ramsey - the first goal was the best team-goal I've ever seen, it was more like a five-a-side strike and overall there was much to be cheerful about - long may it last.
Dortmund up next - do they realise what they're up against, I wonder? Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:21 am

Yes a very good performance and in the most part, a joy to watch.
One striking thing though was how important and what a difference Flamini has made to our side.
We need him, he is quality at his job.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:32 am

Before you fellas get too over excited it should be pointed out that premier league starts don't get any easier than yours. 7 out of your 8 games have been against relegation fodder, all of them in the bottom half now and more than likely to still be there at the end of the season.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Not over excited villainies, just very appreciative of the fare that Arsene and his troubadours have been serving up since we lost to Aston Villa.
I am aware that things can go wrong at any time - that's football - but I just have the feeling that we now have quality in depth which should see us through. And I am so enjoying the touches of class and brilliance on display - what's not to get excited about?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:34 pm

jpr60 wrote:Not over excited villainies, just very appreciative of the fare that Arsene and his troubadours have been serving up since we lost to Aston Villa.
I am aware that things can go wrong at any time - that's football - but I just have the feeling that we now have quality in depth which should see us through. And I am so enjoying the touches of class and brilliance on display - what's not to get excited about?
Absolutely!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:48 am

Bit of a disappointment last night losing to Dortmund but although we weren't at our best I didn't think Dortmund were a better team, they just took their chances. Had Cazorla's shot gone in instead of hitting the post we wouldn't have been chasing a winner and probably wouldn't have let in the second - still, that's football. I see no reason to believe that we can't get something out of the games in Germany and Italy and I'd certainly hope we'll see off Marseille at home.
Now, Crystal Palace on Saturday lunch-time - that's one we have to win!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:44 am

Ozil has been getting all the plaudits but last night highlighted how important Flamini is to the side. It also showed that whilst the Premiership is awash with the money we're behind the Bundesliga in terms of quality.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Ozil has been getting all the plaudits but last night highlighted how important Flamini is to the side. It also showed that whilst the Premiership is awash with the money we're behind the Bundesliga in terms of quality.
Dortmund are second in their league, Arsenal are (currently) first in ours. I don't think there was much to choose between the two teams last night so I wouldn't necessarily agree that the Premiership is behind the Bundesliga in terms of quality. Chelsea also beat Shalke didn't they (although I've heard Shalke are going through a bit of a bad patch just now)? I'd say we've as much quality as them, in general terms.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Chelsea did indeed beat Schakle but i wonder what there spends on wages and fees are over the last five seasons..

The Prem is awash with money.. take it away and there are serious problems which Danny Fecking Mills is trying to fix Shocked 
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Dortmund as the away side deserved their win in my opinion as a neutral. There is also Bayern Munich in the equation and they took Man City apart a couple of weeks back like they were a league one side.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:00 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Ozil has been getting all the plaudits but last night highlighted how important Flamini is to the side. It also showed that whilst the Premiership is awash with the money we're behind the Bundesliga in terms of quality.
I think that had Flamini played last night we would not have lost.
He has been excellent this season and though he doesn't wear the armband he has been the captain on the field.
He adds discipline and is constantly marshalling the other players, I don't think we'd have got sucked into the sucker punch
if he'd have been playing. He could be the signing of the season in the PL.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Flamini is the shield to the defence, and was missed as Dortmund broke and looked dangerous. Bit worrying that Bentdner had to come on at the death, how long till Podolski and Walcott back?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:16 pm

A few weeks, Oxlaide-Chamberlain longer and Diaby (if ever) next season!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Today's results (our win at Palace, Liverpool's win at home to WBA) sets us up nicely for next week's Prem clash at The Grove. No matter what happens in the mid-week League Cup match against Chelsea - i.e. we'll certainly not have our first-choice eleven out although keeping momentum is important - the Liverpool game is a must-win for both teams.
It'd be nice if we have the option of Flamini playing but given his early withdrawal today that isn't certain. Still we've got the players to get the result, especially if we can find that extra something that appeared to be missing today. Let's keep fingers crossed for an all-fired Arsenal performance - it's gonna be a good'un!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:56 pm

I thought the sending off was a bit harsh, long way to go before goal, Michael Owen saying two seconds before a shot, has he seen Chamakh lol?

Great second goal, Ramsey looks a real player and Giroud as well. Palace are shit, but that was a game le Arse could have lost points
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:03 pm

We need to be much sharper than we were against Palace. Very static in the first half.
Watch the naive situation that leads to Arteta's sending off. You can argue all day about the decision but ultimately the situation is created by poor tactics. How can you be 1 up and commit everyone up field?
Rank stupidity!!!!
Let's hope Flamini is fit for the pool.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:05 pm

I didnt see the first half

Looked solid though after the sending off, but Palace are even worse than me in nookie action
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 pm

I heard you're very good in bed.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:28 pm

jak wrote:I heard you're very good in bed.
What has Bully been saying Shocked 
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:32 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
No!! Bert told me.Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:37 pm

He is a gobby sod, know he wasnt impressed but thought he would keep his mouth shut Shocked 
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Who can you trust?Huh 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:17 am

villanfromluton wrote:
Shocked 
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum