JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy St Obafemi's Day!

3 posters

Go down

Happy St Obafemi's Day! Empty Happy St Obafemi's Day!

Post  Tilton Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Happy St Obafemi's Day, Goons! I hope that you're having a good one?

27th February 2011, Wembley Stadium erupted as The Mighty Blues destroyed Arsenal's 'stars' and sent them home crying. The wall of noise when Zigic put us 1 -0  up was like nothing heard before or since at Wembley. I know that Arsenal fans are renowned for being at bit quiet at the best of times, but you were stunned into silence that great day.

And then Saint Obafemi broke your arrogant hearts right at the death. It was beautiful! Truly beautiful! A lot of people believe that Arsenal have never fully recovered from that day. Sad but true. Never mind Goons, I'm sure you'll win something again one day.

Happy St Obafemi's Day! 2365829148-soccer-carling-cup-final-arsenal-v-birmingham-city-wembley-stadium

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Happy St Obafemi's Day! Empty Re: Happy St Obafemi's Day!

Post  jpr60 Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Yup, you're celebrating (apparently) the season you went down the plug-hole. Good for you, you're able to cling onto something to wash away the grief.
Me, as a Gooner, I give a toss. Had we won it (as we obviously should have), so what? It's the League Cup. Losing the final was obviously embarrassing so that smarts but aside from that  Huh 

Good for you if you can glean some warm feelings from a sad time for your club. Meanwhile, keep taking the tablets.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Who gives a shit? It's history.
Birmingham's plunge into the Second Division is very much a thing of the present and I suspect the foreseeable future.
Tilton, clutch away at that straw, your team is floundering in less than mediocrity. Enjoy it, I am. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:50 am

jpr60 wrote:Yup, you're celebrating (apparently) the season you went down the plug-hole. Good for you, you're able to cling onto something to wash away the grief.
Me, as a Gooner, I give a toss. Had we won it (as we obviously should have), so what? It's the League Cup. Losing the final was obviously embarrassing so that smarts but aside from that  Huh 

Good for you if you can glean some warm feelings from a sad time for your club. Meanwhile, keep taking the tablets.

So you do care? And, on the day, there is no way that you deserved to win. No way. Blues out-thought and out-battled Arsenal on the day. Your arrogance cost you the Cup. You underestimated the Mighty Blues and paid the price. Arsenal assumed that they'd won their first piece of silverware for years, before a ball had been kicked. How wrong they were!

And as for Blues fortunes after our Cup triumph, we've been relegated many times. It's nothing new and doesn't hit us as hard as you seem to imagine. We're Blues. We get over it.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Yup, you're celebrating (apparently) the season you went down the plug-hole. Good for you, you're able to cling onto something to wash away the grief.

So you do care? And, on the day, there is no way that you deserved to win. No way. Blues out-thought and out-battled Arsenal on the day. Your arrogance cost you the Cup. You underestimated the Mighty Blues and paid the price. Arsenal assumed that they'd won their first piece of silverware for years, before a ball had been kicked. How wrong they were!

And as for Blues fortunes after our Cup triumph, we've been relegated many times. It's nothing new and doesn't hit us as hard as you seem to imagine. We're Blues. We get over it.

When you have supported Arsenal for as long as jpr and I have, you assume nothing, believe me.
I stood at Wembley and saw Arsenal defeated by Swindon. That's football, with the highs come the lows, though never as low as your lows. Very Happy  Shit happens, we'll live with it.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:19 pm

jak wrote:Who gives a shit? It's history.
Birmingham's plunge into the Second Division is very much a thing of the present and I suspect the foreseeable future.
Tilton, clutch away at that straw, your team is floundering in less than mediocrity. Enjoy it, I am. Very Happy 

We give a shit, jak. And so should you. It's just one more example of Wenger and Arsenal's failings over the years - 'The Professor' out-witted by Big Eck in a major Cup Final. Who'd have thunk it? Certainly not Arsenal or their fans, that's for sure.

I'm happy for you if you're enjoying our current situation. It just shows me that you consider us a threat because you know what we're capable of. Enjoy it while it lasts, jak. We'll be back to break your hearts again one day. Always remember that.........

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:43 pm

I can't remember me fecking name. Laughing 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Laughing  It's just your brain attempting to block out the events of 27th February 2011. Unfortunately, it appears to be blocking a lot of other stuff out aswell.

Your name is Obafemi Martins, by the way.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:35 pm

I remember Bob Martins, I used to feed them to my girlfriend.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:46 pm

I seem to remember Birmingham being a bit of a bogey team for The Arsenal in the cup way back when - I recall a home tie with Jim Furnell in goal, I think we lost 2-1 at Highbury!
We've lost to some amazing teams in Cup Finals - Swindon (as jak referred to), Luton - it's not as if losing to Brum in the League Cup final was a big deal. Clearly it meant more to Brum fans than Gooners and so it should. Now, on to more serious business, eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:48 pm

This is serious business, jpr. Business doesn't get any more serious than this.

You keep pretending that you don't care about losing to Blues in the Cup Final. But I can tell that you're hurting inside. It's painful for you, I understand that. It was a massive blow to Arsenal and their fans. Your players have since come out and said that Arsenal never recovered from that game and your season went downhill from there. They can admit it and hopefully are slowly coming to terms with it. So should you. Please don't feel ashamed.

Jim Furnell was before my time and I'd never heard of him to be honest. I've just looked him up though and apparently, if it's an FA Cup tie you're referring to, that was his last game for Arsenal. He made a mistake to allow us to equalise and was replaced by Bob Wilson in your next game, never to play for you again.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:25 pm

I was just wondering, Tilton, are you familiar with the dulcet tones of the fabulous Vince Hill?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ArYp1LEEM
I really feel that you need to be introduced to some of the finer things in life.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Aaaaggggghhhhh, my ears!!!!!!!!!!!

I just knew that I was going to regret clicking on that link. It's like when you connect your bollocks to the mains supply; you know it's going to hurt like hell but you do it anyway.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Do you??? Shocked 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Don't you???  Shocked

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Now I understand.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:43 am

Praise the Lord!

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum