JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So We've Finished 4th

3 posters

Go down

So We've Finished 4th Empty So We've Finished 4th

Post  jak Sat May 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Means we can rest a few players for the last two league games and prior to the FA Cup final.

jak

Back to top Go down

So We've Finished 4th Empty Re: So We've Finished 4th

Post  jpr60 Sun May 04, 2014 10:23 am

Yes indeed - I hope the fact that there's no pressure means we can give a couple of squad players a run out and who knows, perhaps we'll be in shape for a good performance at Wembley in a couple of weeks. It looks as if The Ox won't make it for the final, which is a pity and Wilshere's probably not likely to be there either. We'll see, meanwhile fourth it is, again - there was a time when I thought we'd finish top three but I'll settle for our usual place one more time, with the thought that next season it'll be onwards and, more importantly upwards.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun May 04, 2014 6:39 pm

Yes, if you look at the table and look at our results you can easily find the points to fill the gap. We're not far away from having a squad that can really go after Chelsea and Man City, I don't think Liverpool will be so far advanced in the table next season and Man U have a mountain to climb to put their problems right. We really must strengthen our squad in vital positions this summer.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu May 08, 2014 12:35 pm

You would have finished 5th if Man U had got their shit together and appointed somebody other than Moyes.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Tilton wrote:You would have finished 5th if Man U had got their shit together and appointed somebody other than Moyes.

To quote John McEnroe in his prime : "You must be effin' joking'!"

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu May 08, 2014 2:07 pm

No, not at all. When was the last time that Man U finished this far down the table. With Fergie in charge they would have taken one of the top 4 places, bumping Arsenal down to fifth. How would you be feeling now if that had happened?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Tilton wrote:No, not at all. When was the last time that Man U finished this far down the table. With Fergie in charge they would have taken one of the top 4 places, bumping Arsenal down to fifth. How would you be feeling now if that had happened?

Don't be silly - Fergie wasn't in charge cos he knew he'd got away with murder winning the title in his final season and that was thanks to RvP who managed a season without injury. Had Fergie still been around this season ManU would've done nowt, maybe not as nowt as they did under Fergie's (chosen) replacement but nowt all the same. Talking about "ifs", if Arsenal hadn't lost Walcott and Ramsey for long periods they'd have finished top three, no doubt and, oh yes, if my aunt had bollix she'd be my uncle.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 am

You just have to look at the Man U squad to see that you are wrong, Tilts.
Ferguson got off because he knew his ageing stars, who should have been replaced, had reached the end.
The existing squad has finished exactly where they should have.
It's going to take major surgery to make Man.U. challengers again.
Moyes was an idiot not to see the impending problems at the club, it really is a poison chalice.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Nah, Fergie would have dragged that squad up to 4th. You know it and I know it.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri May 16, 2014 9:44 pm

You think he was sitting quiet in the background when the shit was really hitting the fan?
I doubt it very much. Too many players finished or playing past their sell by date, replaced by players who simply are not good enough. If there is someone to blame for United's demise it is Ferguson who failed to refresh the side. It could take quite some time and quite a few players to turn things around. We'll see but it will be no surprise to me to see them out of the top four next season.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat May 17, 2014 10:42 am

Have to agree with you there jak - that little boy inside RvP must be crying his heart out now  Razz

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down