JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess we will be hearing

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I guess we will be hearing Empty I guess we will be hearing

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:02 pm

the old wenger out chants on the terraces again....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

I guess we will be hearing Empty Re: I guess we will be hearing

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:32 pm

Well if thickos think it's Wenger out there on the pitch effing up, it ain't. It's our preferred defence out there at St.Mary's playing silly-buggers, lead by goalkeeper Szczesny who will surely be rested for the cup on Sunday, he needs a rest (he certainly needs something after today's performance - what a pillock - and I like the guy)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:39 am

jpr60 wrote:Well if thickos think it's Wenger out there on the pitch effing up, it ain't. It's our preferred defence out there at St.Mary's playing silly-buggers, lead by goalkeeper Szczesny who will surely be rested for the cup on Sunday, he needs a rest (he certainly needs something after today's performance - what a pillock - and I like the guy)!

I'm afraid Szczesny is one of those players, we've had a few. who is given to making rash decisions. That makes him unreliable, unfortunately. He's a decent shot stopper but making saves to win three points only to give three points away the following week is not what a top side needs.
If a defence doesn't have a good goalie behind them it does nothing for confidence.
We've signed Debuchy and Chambers, who both do no look up to what we need and we've released Jenkinson on loan to a much improved Hammers. For me, another bad decision from the manager. Mertesecker looks like he's lost the plot too but then he's played a massive amount of games, what with the world cup and all.
Wenger now needs to address the weaknesses we've all seen for too many years. We need a steady Eddie goalkeeper, a
dominant centre half and a more mobile, taller, stronger central midfield player.
I've said, I think we have the basis of a very good squad, the keystones are missing but they've been missing for a long time.
Why should Wenger open his eyes now? Sorry, jpr, I think we need a new manager. There are managers out there, look at Koemans, for instance. What a fantastic job he's doing at Southampton. I always fell at the question, who would be better?
Now, i think the answer to that is plenty would be better!!!
Wenger's record against other top sides is abysmal, not because he hasn't had the players to improve his stats but he has clearly lacked the tactical nouse.
I like many others have had enough of watching the fundamental errors, at corners, from free kicks, from no one covering the posts, from a goalie too often intent on committing hari kari, from a central midfield being overrun AND from the rank stupidity of ZONAL MARKING!!!
I fully understand the frustration of people who are spending money to see our team dish up crap like they did yesterday, it's not a one off.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:31 pm

I've been telling you that you need to get rid of Wenger for a long, long time. It just goes to show how blinkered you've been that you are only now seeing that I'm right. Open your eyes goons cyclops

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Cor blimey Tilts, your long-winded advice leaves a lot to be desired. I mean, eventually, if you keep banging the same drum for long enough your advice might prove to be right. Right now, today, The Arsenal is managed by a bloke who's been in charge for 18 years. He's done a lot for the club, won lots of stuff, including the FA Cup last season. It's always possible that someone else might prove to be a better manager and, as jak mentioned, for a long while it was a question of who? It's a question of opinion (if you're a fan) and my opinion is, Wenger has a contract until 2016 which he'll want to honor and I trust he'll be given the opportunity to do so.
We'll hopefully be back to full squad strength early this year in which case I trust the manager to work his magic and give us a strong second-half to the season. It's not "blinkered" Tilts, it's common sense.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Oh, I'm not saying he wasn't good for a time. He's done a lot of good since he's been your manager and has been very successful in the past. He was probably one of the best managers in the world for a while. Not now though. He lost his edge a few years ago and I can't see him ever achieving his past successes again.

Myself and others saw this, but only recently have some of you goons started to wake up to the fact that his best days are over. He's beginning to divide opinion among you goons. Not so long back he had the unwavering faith and support of the fans. That has changed.

You only have to look on here and one goon says stay and one goon says go.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:58 pm

It's all about opinions - we all have them and, indeed can change them over time. As a Gooner I've got mine, so has jak and we're entitled to hold opinions about anything. So there you have it. Needless to say I don't agree with your opinion Tilts but you're welcome to it.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:29 pm

But that's my point. Opinions are changing because fans are finally coming to terms with reality. Some are starting to see what the rest of us see.

It's taking a long time because old Arsene has been successful for you in the past and he has been given the benefit of the doubt for a few years now. Selling your best players and not replacing them adequately, refusing to spend to strengthen the team etc. etc. Now the tide is turning against him......

Wake up goon.

Last edited by Tilton on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Opinion Tilts, not dogma - I'm wide awake.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes, opinions. Opinions that didn't seem to exist among goons until fairly recently........

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Tilton wrote:But that's my point. Opinions are changing because fans are finally coming to terms with reality. Some are starting to see what the rest of us see.

It's taking a long time because old Arsene has been successful for you in the past and he has been given the benefit of the doubt for a few years now. Selling your best players and not replacing them adequately, refusing to spend to strengthen the team etc. etc. Now the tide is turning against him......

Wake up goon.

In fairness Wenger has not sold our best players out of choice. Van Persie, Nasri, Fabregas and all were hell bent on leaving. Also only the truly naive would think that he's not had his hands tied, financially, in recent years while the new stadium was being built and Highbury was being redeveloped.
We have a very good squad, once again devastated by long term injuries. Wenger needs to address some issues that have been outstanding for far too long now. If those issues are addressed I believe Wenger can bring The Arsenal back as a threat to the other top sides for the PL, obviously not this season, now.
If he does not tackle those issues, then yes, I think he should be replaced.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:34 am

You have to question why he hasn't already addressed those issues though. That's a big part of the manager's job. If everybody else can see the problems, why can't he?
And don't tell me it's because he can't afford to spend. Arsenal are loaded.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:36 am

Tilton wrote:You have to question why he hasn't already addressed those issues though. That's a big part of the manager's job. If everybody else can see the problems, why can't he?
And don't tell me it's because he can't afford to spend. Arsenal are loaded.

Its all about pride... He wants to do it his way... Problem is his way is out dated
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am

That's pretty much how I see it too. And I reckon he's too old and stubborn to change his ways which is why he's being left behind.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:42 am

Long may it continue.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Jpr agrees with you, oddly enough.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:13 pm

jpr is an extremely agreeable fellow but to suggest he's in agreement with a Spud is, well, absurd. 'Tis all a question of opinions surely, Les Spuds have their opinions, Tilts, you have your opinion, jak has his (well-informed) opinion and I have mine. The difference being us Gooners know what's going on, the rest take stabs from different angles, the only common point of deduction being a hatred/envy/misunderstanding of The Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:31 pm

jpr60 wrote:jpr is an extremely agreeable fellow but to suggest he's in agreement with a Spud is, well, absurd. 'Tis all a question of opinions surely, Les Spuds have their opinions, Tilts, you have your opinion, jak has his (well-informed) opinion and I have mine. The difference being us Gooners know what's going on, the rest take stabs from different angles, the only common point of deduction being a hatred/envy/misunderstanding of The Arsenal!

AB..SO....LUTELY!!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:33 pm

jpr60 wrote:jpr is an extremely agreeable fellow but to suggest he's in agreement with a Spud is, well, absurd. 'Tis all a question of opinions surely, Les Spuds have their opinions, Tilts, you have your opinion, jak has his (well-informed) opinion and I have mine. The difference being us Gooners know what's going on, the rest take stabs from different angles, the only common point of deduction being a hatred/envy/misunderstanding of The Arsenal!

If that's the case, why does one section of your support want him gone and another want him to stay? Both can't be right, can they?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:34 pm

It's not a question of "right" or wrong", it's a matter of opinion innit?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Tilton wrote:

If that's the case, why does one section of your support want him gone and another want him to stay? Both can't be right, can they?

But that's the case in many many clubs.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Yes, it is. My point is that some goons (including yourself) are now finally questioning Wenger's ability to compete for the title etc. and want him out of the club. This was pretty much unheard of before despite 'outsiders' being able to see this for a long time.

Open your eyes goons. (Yes, I realise that you've opened yours, jak and want him sacked)

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Tilton wrote:Yes, it is. My point is that some goons (including yourself) are now finally questioning Wenger's ability to compete for the title etc. and want him out of the club. This was pretty much unheard of before despite 'outsiders' being able to see this for a long time.

Open your eyes goons. (Yes, I realise that you've opened yours, jak and want him sacked)

Should, of course read "outsiders having this opinion" - c'mon Tilts, stop playing hard to get (it doesn't suit you)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:32 am

I never play hard to get. I'm a proper slut.

'Opinion' seems to be your favourite word at the moment. Yes, we all know that it's about opinions. We get that. It's just that some opinions are right and some opinions are wrong.

Open your eyes goon.

(Opinion count for this post: 4)

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:01 pm

But who decides whose opinion is right and whose opinion is wrong, when that decision, in itself, is simply a matter of opinion.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next