JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy St Obafemi's Day!

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Happy St Obafemi's Day! Empty Happy St Obafemi's Day!

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Happy St Obafemi's Day goons. 27th February. Lest we forget...........

Happy St Obafemi's Day! Obafem14

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Happy St Obafemi's Day! Empty Re: Happy St Obafemi's Day!

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Remember this?

Happy St Obafemi's Day! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN_rzFI9Ma5cddBy4Zw2lXN7FmwSqW1QcLTLUxDpaJxnOCZ0MgzA

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Yes, what an amazing cock-up in the Arsenal defense, eh? Still, that was a while back and it didn't matter too much then, it certainly doesn't matter at all now (to us anyway - I'm surprised it appears to matter to you Tilts or is that just a memory to mask the pain of what followed)?! Happy days, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:35 pm

And Arsenal are still making amazing defensive cock-ups to this day.

We forced that mistake. Arsenal couldn't handle the pressure and bottled it, while we remained calm and put you to the sword. We were ruthless gladiators that day.

It may not have mattered to you personally, jpr. It DID matter a hell of a lot to your players, manager and supporters who were actually there. We ended your season that day. You fell apart and never recovered. Wenger and some of your players have said as much.

And the sight of little Jacky Wilshire crying her eyes out always makes me smile. Poor little girl...........

Happy St Obafemi's Day! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCE1XBJXNYKue-e81H4rwK7gCZ357ryexC1dgUXLtSjL1Q5K5Vew

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:02 pm

If there is still a life out there for you Tilts, Get It!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:25 am

I've already got a wonderful life, jpr. Don't you worry about that. You sound about as happy as these lot though..............................

Happy St Obafemi's Day! Article-0-0D63D079000005DC-292_634x319

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Come on, who'd be happy with hair that colour?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:44 pm

In all seriousness, look at them! They're absolutely gutted, aren't they? They certainly don't look like they're thinking "it doesn't matter too much". They've just had their hearts ripped out, their dreams shattered and it shows.......

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Well, let's see now - the keeper and his central defender have just Cocked Up, so they're none too chuffed, Song and his hair is going to become a Superstar at Barcelona (or is that West Ham?), Sagna is eventually going to swallow the Money Pill and take his wares to Man Citeh - yes, they're nearly all at a loss, certainly on the day and, for some, for their respective futures. But me? I'm a Gooner and I knew it meant nowt - I can take a League Cup Final failure (I've seen 3, v Leeds, Swindon & Luton - it means nowt) and continue to pastures new. You guys won the elfin' thing and got relegated - I know what I'd prefer (and so do you)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:02 am

Myself and 99% of Blues fans would take the Cup win. We get relegated and promoted an a fairly regular basis so it's nothing new to us. A Cup win on the other hand is something special and will probably never happen again in my lifetime.

If winning means nothing, what's the point in taking part? Arsenal aren't going to win the league or Champions League any time in the foreseeable future, so what's the point of taking part?

You have the mentality of a loser, jpr.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:29 pm

Coming from you Tilts, that's rich Laughing
Who said "winning means nothing"? I believe that the League Cup is of no importance any more, win or lose. Oh and The Arsenal are indeed going to win the Premier League again and the Champions League for the first time in the near future.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:47 pm

You said that "it didn't matter too much" that you lost a Cup Final at Wembley. That's a loser's mentality, jpr. Winning every game should be important, let alone a Cup Final with the whole world watching. You won't get very far in life with that kind of attitude jpr, let me tell you.

It meant a lot to your players that day. It meant a lot to the Arsenal fans who were there that day too. Arsenal players and fans crying at full time. Arsenal tears everywhere. It was beautiful.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Beauty being in the eye of the beholder, of course.
But, you know, no point in crying over spilt milk, eh? Get on with it, there's always another day, eh?
And, on another day we'll be playing in the Premier League, winning the FA Cup, trying to win the Champions League and what have you "winners" got? Memories - nothing going forward (except, of course the battle to finish with more points than Leeds in the second division).
"Winners" and "Losers" eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:32 pm

It really was beautiful though, jpr. Seeing those arrogant tossers with tears in their eyes shuffling out of Wembley at the end was beautiful.
The stuck-up, self-entitled, arrogant wonkers didn't even have the good grace to hang around to watch the teams go up the steps at Wembley. The Arsenal end was virtually empty when your team collected their losers medals and Blues lifted the cup. Shameful from the Arsenal 'supporters'.
Bad losers, disrespectful, no class. That was Arsenal that day. I'm glad they fecked off early.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:17 pm

And I doubt that Arsenal will win the Champions League in your lifetime, jpr. They're a millions miles away from it at the moment.

Yes, us winners have got our memories of that glorious day and we are indeed above Leeds in the league.
What have you goons got after your unconvincing extra time win against the powerhouse of Hull Tigers in the FA Cup? Memories? Nothing going forward (except, of course taking part but not winning the Champions League again and taking part but not winning the league again).

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:19 pm

It's just always being there Tilts, something you obviously have no knowledge of; always being there at the Top Table, always playing against the best teams, always trying (and sometimes winning) the top competitions. Call it tradition, if you like, but I'm proud to be a Gooner and proud of my club and it's status.
Memories? I've got the Fair's Cup (we beat an Ajax with Johann Cruyf), I've got The Double of 1971 and The Double of 2002, The Invincibles 2004 not to mention the FA Cup in 1979, 1993, 1998, 2003 and 2005 plus the League Cup in 1987 and in 1993 (a double-cup year) and I almost overlooked the Euro Cup-Winners Cup in 1994 - and that's just in my lifetime (and remember, I was supporting The Arsenal for ten years before they won anything at all so I've seen many a downside season). Even then I was proud to support my team against the likes of a great ManU team (Charlton, Best, Law), a very good Tottingham team, an incredibly shocking Leeds Utd team, a super professional Liverpool team - I've seen a lot, highs and lows but we, The Arsenal are always up there amongst the best. Losers? You must be joking!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:58 am

I didn't say that Arsenal as a club were losers. I said that you, personally, have a losers mentality.

I've pointed out how much it meant to your players and fans to lose a Cup Final that they expected to win, to bring an end to a trophy drought which stretched back years. I've shown you and told you about Arsenal players and fans in tears that day. Losing certainly meant something to them.

You, on the other hand, try to brush it under the carpet and claim that you're not bothered about losing, and winning a Cup Final wouldn't have meant anything anyway. That is the mentality of a loser, jpr. Why didn't Wenger just play a reserve side against us if the result didn't matter?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:48 pm

The result mattered but the trophy itself is of little value (unless it's the only thing you've ever won).
Back in the day when we lost to Leeds, when we lost to Swindon Town, when we lost to Luton Town it mattered more because the trophy then was more important (plus losing to Swindon, who were in the 3rd division at the time was plain horrible). When George Graham's team beat Liverpool in the 1987 League Cup final it was important because that was his first trophy with the club (plus we beat Liverpool) - if we were to play in the final against Chelsea, Man Citeh or Utd or even Tottingham it would matter more - it wouldn't be the trophy as such but the team we were beating. But against Birmingham - pfft - so what? If we'd had won - pfft - so what? We lost - pfft - so what?
So. you're a "so what" team (but I'm sure you know that already) - that's why I couldn't give a monkey's!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:33 pm

You're a strange one, jpr. You're either strange or you're not being honest.

So now you're telling me that you can pick and choose when winning the Cup is important and means something, and when it isn't important and counts for nothing? Laughing

If you'd have beaten us it wouldn't have been "pfft - so what?", and you know it. It would have been your first trophy for many years and you'd have been celebrating like a lunatic.

Wenger was desperate to beat us, your players were desperate to beat us and your fans were desperate to beat us. Well, all except one strange old fella sitting at home, who had decided that this time, losing a Cup Final didn't matter. Maybe next time it would matter, but he'd have to see who you were playing first. Then he'd decide whether or not the Cup was important or not......

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:59 pm

The League Cup is no longer an important trophy - it hasn't been for a while now. We've been putting out junior teams for years in the competition - it's a good measure of their progress but losing isn't a problem and that's a fact.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:56 pm

So why were your players and fans crying when you lost? And why didn't Wenger put out a junior team in the final?

Arsenal's owners, directors, management, staff and fans wanted to win the Cup. It appears that you're the only one who didn't care either way. Have you always been a bit of a loner, jpr?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:27 pm

My Gooner mates weren't crying when Arsenal lost to Birmingham and nor was I. I wasn't at the stadium mind, perhaps I'd have cried if I'd cared enough to fork out to see the match, but I didn't and the loss in no way dented my continued appreciation of a great club with a great past and future. I'm not saying we didn't want to win the match - and the stupid way we conceded the winning goal was hard to accept - it's just that the not winning meant little, for reasons already expressed. Whereas for you the winning was a Magnificent Achievement - you'd got a trophy in the cabinet - the losing for us was a shame but nowhere near the end-of-world experience that you would have liked us to be suffering which, for some reason would help you to enjoy it more.
Methinks a visit to someone with a psychiatric qualification might help you to overcome your apparent need to be in state of euphoria over something so unimportant; to obtain a sense of relativity with the real world Tilts - good luck with that!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:42 pm

No need for psychiatric help here, jpr.

You may want to consider talking to a psychologist though, to help with your reliance on denial to cope with traumatic events, such as losing to Blues in a Cup Final. It's a primitive defence mechanism, jpr. We all have it but some rely on it more heavily than others. The good news is that, with help, it can be controlled. You can be taught other techniques to help you cope with life's stresses and strains. Good luck.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Of the losses we've suffered (and overcome, obviously, unlike some) in the League Cup Final the only one that really hurt was losing to Swindon Town. Losing to Luton wasn't a whole lot better (and losing to Leeds is something I, personally take badly) but the Swindon one was hard to take, even if there were extenuating circumstances (half the team having been down with flu in the preceding week and the match being played on a field rather than a football pitch) but, hey-ho that's football and that's the way it went. Losing to Birmingham? Pfffft.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:25 pm

There goes your denial defence mechanism again. Get help.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum