JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016/2017

Go down

2016/2017 Empty 2016/2017

Post  Tilton Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:36 am

I know I'm a bit late starting this, but I've been busy tidying up this forum after everybody left. OK?

So far, so good.

A couple of cheap and cheerful additions to last seasons squad (we've got no money to buy proper players) and a few have moved on. At least we've got a few more options off the bench this season.

Mr Rowett has made a couple of curious decisions lately regarding team selection (I'm thinking of last Friday at Forest for one). I hope he's not going to go all Lee Clarke on us. Probably just a blip in his mental health.

The famous Rotherham roll into town tonight, so we'll see how he copes with picking a team to put this mighty northern powerhouse to the sword.

Last edited by Tilton on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tilton

Back to top Go down

2016/2017 Empty Re: 2016/2017

Post  Tilton Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....

We got new owners yesterday.

Farewell Carson and thanks for the memories.

Onwards and upwards......

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:12 pm

Smashed Rotherham, didn't we?

Played shite but still won 4 - 2. The last couple of performances haven't been great so I'm hoping for better against Burton in our next game. We've got a big game coming up against the tramps from B6 the week after, so we need to hit a bit of form.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:13 am

Well this is not going to plan at all.

Last Friday's 'performance' against Burton was a disgrace! I can't remember the last time we played that badly. We seem to be getting worse, not better.

Now this does NOT bode well for Sunday's showdown with the scum from B6. To say that I'm extremely concerned would be an understatement. I can't sleep at night.

I'm not sure what has happened inside Mr Rowett's brain just lately. Why has he stopped playing our strongest line up? Why is he leaving our better players on the bench? Why is he persisting with clearly out of form individuals who are fecking up, game after game? I don't understand it.

The problem now is, if he brings these players in to start against the scum, they'll be well short of match practice/fitness.

I've a feeling that this isn't going to end well.............

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:24 pm

That was more like it! How the hell didn't we beat those tramps?

Poor finishing, that's why I suppose. I thought vile were shocking. Wasting time and falling over at every opportunity - they clearly came for a draw. They scored from their only attempt on target.

That should have been 3 points in the bag for us if it wasn't for for glorious misses by Big Clayton (x2), Maghoma and Shotton. We really should have scored from all 4 of those chances.

I'd have taken a point before the game because we'd been on a dreadful run of form, but I was bit disappointed at the end that we hadn't buried the inbred feckers. All that money that they've spent on players and they're still shite!

Oh well. A better performance from The Blue Machine and hopefully we'll see more of that in the coming weeks.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Yes, yes, I know.....

I realise that I've been neglecting my duties recently as custodian and main man of this website. I've just been busy, alright??

As regular readers will know, I've was none too impressed with the football that Rowett had been serving up this season.
Well, enough was enough and he had to go.

I won't pretend that Zola would have been my first choice to replace him. He hasn't won us a game since he arrived!
Despite this minor fact, I'm not too concerned just yet.

The reason for this is that I can see what he's trying to do. He's changing the whole playing style and footballing philosophy of the club. Our playing style had become so boring, slow and predictable under Rowett and Zola is slowly getting us to play like Barcelona. Not an easy task with the players he inherited.

So he's started to bring in his own players. More technical, faster, adventurous players. Players who can help make Zola's dream a reality. How long will this take? Who knows, but I'm looking forward to the transformation.

All aboard the Zolacoaster!

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down