JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zola

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Zola - Page 2 Empty Re: Zola

Post  villanfromluton Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 am

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:With new owners, why would Curbishley not come back? He still lives round the area, didnt do nothing wrong,

I think it may be rumour about Zola and Clarke. If they were at loggerheads, surely Clarke would have told Zola to go out and face the music after another depressing defeat.

The fans didn't want him.

That shows there are some fceking stupid people around then. He has always done a good job
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:00 am

The Curbs Out campaign was something of a myth. In the end, I suspected it was being orchestrated by Duxbury et al.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Mark here's a stat for you - since the Sunderland game Franco has been involved in every single goal we've scored. It's utter balls to say he doesn't cut it, look at the work he did for the goal against Bolton, he took 3 defenders to the side of the penalty area with him, beat them all with quick feet, and gave the ball to Collison who set up Diamanti.

How many goals?

13 in 7 games. He's only scored 4 (I think) but the work he does with the ball at his feet is top notch.

That's a good stat.A similar argument that is used by Heskey regarding England

He's different to Heskey in that he uses his brain, rather than being fecking huge but he's a good player so long as he's got players running off him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:42 am

Slaven Bilic: said it before Curbishley, before Zola, don't know what he's doing right now but good tactician, good choice IMO, Zola should make his mind up very fast, you can't really afford anymore games.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Malachite wrote:Slaven Bilic: said it before Curbishley, before Zola, don't know what he's doing right now but good tactician, good choice IMO, Zola should make his mind up very fast, you can't really afford anymore games.

I have to say, if Zola does go, Bilic would be a stupid appointment. He's got no club experience at all, and you don't want a rookie in our situation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 pm

EZ: In his case i don't agree, loads of International experience, knows the club, if anything you'd have said Zola wasn't experienced enough, and in fact that's precisely the way its starting to look.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Malachite wrote:EZ: In his case i don't agree, loads of International experience, knows the club, if anything you'd have said Zola wasn't experienced enough, and in fact that's precisely the way its starting to look.

Zola took over after a solid midtable finish, he had the perfect base to build a team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Malachite wrote:EZ: In his case i don't agree, loads of International experience, knows the club, if anything you'd have said Zola wasn't experienced enough, and in fact that's precisely the way its starting to look.

Zola took over after a solid midtable finish, he had the perfect base to build a team.

Your point was Bilic doesn't have enough experience, Zola took over West Ham after a short spell in coaching looking after the Italian U21's, he has no experience of management in a relegation battle, he definitely has no experience of managing that kind of side and those kind of pressures, Bilic on the other hand is used to working with a small squad and getting the best out of them, agreed this may be a different situation for him but he is without doubt a tenacious character and until recently over the last few seasons was rated as one of the best young coaches in the world.

Its all hypothetical because he turned down West Ham before Zola so there's no indication he would pick up the mantle now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:42 pm

The rumour was that he turned down West Ham. What he actually said was, he was committed to his national team for the duration of their World Cup qualifying campaign. He's not experienced enough, in my opinion, and I hoped that Clarke's experience alongside Zola's flair would work.
I think there may be other family reasons for Zola wanting to leave, but that's just something I heard a whisper of. Maybe his wife hasn't settled, or a sick parent or something. But he ain't happy at the moment, that's for sure, and his body language suggests it's football related.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Malachite wrote:

Your point was Bilic doesn't have enough experience, Zola took over West Ham after a short spell in coaching looking after the Italian U21's, he has no experience of management in a relegation battle, he definitely has no experience of managing that kind of side and those kind of pressures, Bilic on the other hand is used to working with a small squad and getting the best out of them, agreed this may be a different situation for him but he is without doubt a tenacious character and until recently over the last few seasons was rated as one of the best young coaches in the world.

Its all hypothetical because he turned down West Ham before Zola so there's no indication he would pick up the mantle now.

I think you misunderstood me mal, I'd be delighted to have Bilic as a manager one day, but in our current situation we can't afford to take a gamble on an inexperienced coach. We need a calm and experienced head to guide the team to safety. Basically, we need another Curbishley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Bedshammer wrote:The rumour was that he turned down West Ham. What he actually said was, he was committed to his national team for the duration of their World Cup qualifying campaign. He's not experienced enough, in my opinion, and I hoped that Clarke's experience alongside Zola's flair would work.
I think there may be other family reasons for Zola wanting to leave, but that's just something I heard a whisper of. Maybe his wife hasn't settled, or a sick parent or something. But he ain't happy at the moment, that's for sure, and his body language suggests it's football related.

Beds: However fancy you want to make it that's a knock back, the alternative is he takes the job when he was offered it by West Ham, for whatever reason he didn't, bit like a politician saying I'm stepping down to spend more time with my family b*ll*x.

EZ: matter of opinion, your talking as if you have 10 games left to rescue your Premiership status, fact is you could still qualify for Europe with just 16 games gone, plenty of the season left, certainly enough to secure a top half finish, Jan transfer window around the corner......We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, IMO you can still recover with the right man, cool heads and Curbishley IMO isn't ambitious enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Bring back Glenn Roeder!.......No?....ok....

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Malachite wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:The rumour was that he turned down West Ham. What he actually said was, he was committed to his national team for the duration of their World Cup qualifying campaign. He's not experienced enough, in my opinion, and I hoped that Clarke's experience alongside Zola's flair would work.

Beds: However fancy you want to make it that's a knock back, the alternative is he takes the job when he was offered it by West Ham, for whatever reason he didn't, bit like a politician saying I'm stepping down to spend more time with my family b*ll*x.

EZ: matter of opinion, your talking as if you have 10 games left to rescue your Premiership status, fact is you could still qualify for Europe with just 16 games gone, plenty of the season left, certainly enough to secure a top half finish, Jan transfer window around the corner......We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, IMO you can still recover with the right man, cool heads and Curbishley IMO isn't ambitious enough.

Malachite, West Ham are deep in the brown stuff unless they get new owners shortly or else they will only be selling in the January window.

As for Curbishley, I think it is the other way round, West Ham would need to be begging him to take the job than the other way round. People may say he is a bit dour and negative, but the fact is he has always got results.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:25 am

villanfromluton wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Malachite, West Ham are deep in the brown stuff unless they get new owners shortly or else they will only be selling in the January window.

As for Curbishley, I think it is the other way round, West Ham would need to be begging him to take the job than the other way round. People may say he is a bit dour and negative, but the fact is he has always got results.

Luton: West Ham are in trouble but this is were the movers and shakers of this world step in and that will be up to the top dogs of West Ham to make the right moves, its now we see what they are made of.

Curbishley: EZ's point was a manager like Curbishley because a cool head is needed, there is no question that West Ham will come under sustained attack when the transfer window opens, Green, Upson, Parker will be gone and that will resign West Ham to Championship football, IMO, taking on a manager like Curbishley will do nothing to keep players like those, however IMO taking on a high profile manager like Bilic may give the players confidence that its worth staying and fighting, its happened many times before, and i would reiterate to EZ and Beds we are not even half way through the season ffs West Ham can still finish way up.

Luton: As for would Curbishley, no idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2