JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zola

5 posters

Go down

Zola Empty Zola

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Doesnt seem to impressed with his new owners wanting to cut the wage bill....

Think he will be off ??

Shocked Shocked
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Zola Empty Re: Zola

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Sullivan's tactic will be to force Zola to walk away.He'll then replace him with a much cheaper yes man.Fecking detest that slimy little worm.Football would be better off without him.Shame he's professing to be a supporter of West Ham.proper club, proper history, bleak future with that asshole at the helm.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:01 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Sullivan's tactic will be to force Zola to walk away.He'll then replace him with a much cheaper yes man.Fecking detest that slimy little worm.Football would be better off without him.Shame he's professing to be a supporter of West Ham.proper club, proper history, bleak future with that asshole at the helm.

Seems to have made a good start.

Putting the cuts in the public domain is not the way to run a business... You do it in private

looks to me like Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight time
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Sullivan's tactic will be to force Zola to walk away.He'll then replace him with a much cheaper yes man.Fecking detest that slimy little worm.Football would be better off without him.Shame he's professing to be a supporter of West Ham.proper club, proper history, bleak future with that asshole at the helm.

QB: What a smelly arse way of doing it, personally i think Zola should go, probably Zola thinks he should go if he's honest, with the amount of games left fast diminshing the best way would be to take him to one side and say, look mate its not working, you should look elsewhere before we are really in the shite.

What he's said to Zola today is " when you've achieved championship football for us naturally we will half your wage, make your choice, phuk of or get no money" Birmingham City all over again.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:16 pm

They took £80 million out of Blues, despite all of their positive PR, the fact is tehy used it for their own means and fleeced the average fan for the priviledge.They court the media like no other chairmen and although i can just about stomach Gold with his poor little Jewish boy done good tale, Sullivan is as slimy as slug spunk
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm

If Sullivan is truly a West Ham fan he would surely appreciate having Zola as the coach. Speaking out as he has would seem to undermine what the coach and the players should be aiming for - Premier League survival, thus, I suggest Sullivan has another agenda.
Sad for the coach, the players, the fans but there it apparently is. And if Sullivan gets the coaching staff he deserves the situation will not improve for the club and it's fans. Money, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Zola must know he's under scrutiny, and he does get paid an awful lot of money for very few results so far. I've noticed more and more fans questioning his ability, and also asking what Clarke does to earn his money.

Re: the pay cuts - Sullivan actually mentioned the non-playing staff rather than the players, although Zola & Clarkes salaries were referred to. £50k for a "Player Liaison Officer" (driver) who was a "close family friend" of an ex employee. Duxbury, anyone? It'll be interesting to see where he fetches up next. Also, the club have been paying the contracts on over 100 mobile phones for staff - why? Also, a fitness coach on £200k a year. It's a very long, very wasteful list and I don't blame S&G for taking the knife to it.

Sully has backtracked a bit, too.
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=124652
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Oh blimey this is like de ja vu Shocked
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 pm

West Ham's players should tell Sullivan and Gold where they can stick their pay cuts

By Darren Lewis

Published 14:54 09/02/10

Personally, I’m getting a bit fed up of David Gold and David Sullivan using the media to justify booting people out of jobs at West Ham.

In their latest round of the interviews they now seem to be giving every day, they – rather hyperbolically – insist it will be ‘Armageddon’ at Upton Park if the Hammers are relegated.

And, as such, their cost-cutting exercise continues apace with the players and staff being asked to take a pay cut at the end of the season.

Two things, however, spring to mind. Actually, make that three...

Firstly, are Gold and Sullivan going to take a pay cut themselves?

Second, aren’t we talking about the same Gold and Sullivan who have given
32-year-old Benni McCarthy a two and a half year contract on £50,000-a-week? Surely the South African, who was on £15,000-a-week at Blackburn, will not be able to justify such exorbitant wages when he is 35.

And thirdly, let’s do away with all this guff about Gold and Sullivan buying West Ham because they love the club. They have gone in there because they want to make money.

Remember, they bought Birmingham for £1 and sold it for £82million.

And let’s not forget, far from walking out on St Andrews, Gold actually wanted to stay on as chairman at Birmingham. He was desperate to.

So much so that he has gone on record as declaring how upset he was at not being retained by Carson Yeung following the Hong Kong businessman’s takeover in November.

Yeung was probably upset at having to give ex-MD Karren Brady, now in the
hot-seat at West Ham, a massive pay-off.

He was probably a little bit cheesed off at inheriting a raft of bills left behind by the previous owners.

And now, very much on the rebound, Gold and Sullivan clearly see ways of making another tidy sum from Upton Park.

That will obviously come in the long, rather than the short term. But I can’t believe the brass neck of two men who want the players to help them to reach that point far more quickly.

Which is why – and it might not seem charitable to say it, but - if I were a player at West Ham I’d be telling them where they can stick their request for me to take a pay cut.

Gold and Sullivan bought the club on the cheap without putting any money into paying the massive debt.

They went into the situation with their eyes wide open. They did their due diligence. They saw the contracts and they saw that, as a big club, West Ham paid big wages in some cases.

They’ve been able to turf out some of the staff – good people such as Olivia Collins who worked in the press room on matchdays – without so much as a by-your-leave.

But the players have far more power. And they should bring Gold and Sullivan down to earth by forcing them to realise that, at big clubs, you spend money.

Yes, there probably is excess in some areas and yes, like any business, there probably are places where they could shave off a few quid.

But, speaking only this morning in a bid to justify trying to slash even Gianfranco Zola’s wages, Sullivan claimed all managers in the Premier League are overpaid.

Meaning he would probably go into Chelsea and ask whether Carlo Ancelotti – boss of the League leaders – is actually worth the money Roman Abramovich is paying him.

Or whether Arsene Wenger is really earning the money he is picking up at Arsenal.

Don’t get me wrong, better the two Davids come in with a record we know all about rather than faceless, so-called businessmen doing what has been done to Portsmouth and Notts County.

But it looks very much like we are now seeing the true colours of West Ham’s new wheeler-dealers.

The players should stand up to them. And if, as Sullivan has threatened, they are asked to leave if they refuse to take a wage cut, then they’d probably be better off at clubs that really do value their worth.
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:42 am

Bedshammer wrote:Zola must know he's under scrutiny, and he does get paid an awful lot of money for very few results so far. I've noticed more and more fans questioning his ability, and also asking what Clarke does to earn his money.

Re: the pay cuts - Sullivan actually mentioned the non-playing staff rather than the players, although Zola & Clarkes salaries were referred to. £50k for a "Player Liaison Officer" (driver) who was a "close family friend" of an ex employee. Duxbury, anyone? It'll be interesting to see where he fetches up next. Also, the club have been paying the contracts on over 100 mobile phones for staff - why? Also, a fitness coach on £200k a year. It's a very long, very wasteful list and I don't blame S&G for taking the knife to it.

Why tell all and sundry about it though?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:44 am

David Sullivan on Zola: "Of all the managers I have dealt with he is the nicest. The question is, is he too nice? Ossie Ardiles was the nicest guy you could meet but look what he did to Tottenham. Time will tell. We don't sack managers, we don't panic. We will see over the coming months how good a manager he is. We are prepared to give him time, we don't judge a manager on one or two games."

Carson Yeung on McLeish after taking over in October: "I will be supporting the manager. We have an excellent management team. Our aim is to work hard to secure our position in the Premier League, not only for this year but for many years to come."
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:52 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Zola must know he's under scrutiny, and he does get paid an awful lot of money for very few results so far. I've noticed more and more fans questioning his ability, and also asking what Clarke does to earn his money.

Why tell all and sundry about it though?

I don't know, but having been told nothing or fed lies by Brown & then the codbotherers it's a bit of a novelty for us.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Finn wrote:David Sullivan on Zola: "Of all the managers I have dealt with he is the nicest. The question is, is he too nice? Ossie Ardiles was the nicest guy you could meet but look what he did to Tottenham. Time will tell. We don't sack managers, we don't panic. We will see over the coming months how good a manager he is. We are prepared to give him time, we don't judge a manager on one or two games."

Carson Yeung on McLeish after taking over in October: "I will be supporting the manager. We have an excellent management team. Our aim is to work hard to secure our position in the Premier League, not only for this year but for many years to come."

And nice guys finish last....unfortunately, that's why i always finish last Crying or Very sad because i'm an exceptionally nice very very nice warm and gentle eeerm, sorry I've forgotten what I was on about!!!!!oh yes.......guy.

I have never understood this give him time, lets wait and see, believe me Sullivan and Gold have never given anybody time about anything in there normal business life, its strange that in footy there's this give the bloke a chance attitude and yet most of them are on unbelievable amounts of money when they are sacked and before. If West Ham give Zola any more time they are limiting the next managers options to do anything to save the team, Zola, nice guy yes, would probably make an excellent No2 that bridge thing between player and manager, but West Ham need to make there move.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down