JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shite 2nd half

+4
jpr60
ADRIAN_1976
villanfromluton
Jay.P.A
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shite 2nd half Empty Shite 2nd half

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:16 pm

We didn't play well at all......

and now we don't have Ashley Young for the Liverpool game due to suspension....
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Shite 2nd half Empty Re: Shite 2nd half

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Fabregas made a huge difference, a world class player. The last two goals came from us pushing up in an attempt to equalise, no shame in that. Thought A Young and Downing were poor in the wide positions, the back 4 were excellent and didnt deserve to lose by 3. Dowd is a cnut of a referee, how the fcek he didnt book Song in the first half is beyond me. Arsenal played some excellent football in the second half and fully deserved the win
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:40 pm

I saw the game today and after all the posts I had read recently about Villa now playing a passing game ........

Today showed the difference

The team worked hard and the defence and Friedel were excellent but there comes a point where Villa players either have to lump over crosses or float the ball up for Heskey or Carew to try to flick the ball on

We cant do what Arsenal can do and that is take the ball the whole length of the field by passing and movement

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Funny how you are on here straight away when we lose Lion Wink

I agree some of our forward players didnt play well, but the fact is we fully deserve to be 4th in the league and I reckon we can stay there till the end of the season.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:45 pm

As far as i'm concerned Ashley Young being out the side for one game will be good for him and better for us, bloke played like a tart.

The differance was lack of quality in our midfield v a side that plays a short passing game through midfield for fun so we didn't get a hold of midfield which you would have to do v Arsenal, the longer the game went on the more they would press, and of course when you can introduce quality like Fabregas, world class quality, game over.

What MON must do now is pick this team up so fast before the Liverpool game, because the scouse will really fancy it.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Maybe we should have gone 4-5-1 and packed the midfield. Fabregas was superb and very impressed with Diaby
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 pm

I dont disagree Luton Villa will be in or around 4th place but what you saw today is a classic example of how playing the way we do leaves you exposed against teams like Arsenal

Every time the ball goes off the floor you risk losing possession and teams like Arsenal can make you pay from losing possession

The majority of their passes are less than 10 yards and always along the floor thereby reducing the risk of losing the ball

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Lionheart wrote:I saw the game today and after all the posts I had read recently about Villa now playing a passing game ........

The team worked hard and the defence and Friedel were excellent but there comes a point where Villa players either have to lump over crosses or float the ball up for Heskey or Carew to try to flick the ball on

We cant do what Arsenal can do and that is take the ball the whole length of the field by passing and movement

Fair point Lion, wouldn't argue with any of that, but lets face it there aren't many teams in the world that can sto Arsenal that way, another point i would make, when we have played Arsenal before we have gone 4-5-1, thus crowding out the midfield, thats we you have to do stop Arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:50 pm

Lion, sometimes that way doesnt work either. They were devoid of ideas IMHO until Fabregas came on, superb player . The second and third goals came when we were chasing the game.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Lion, I watched the 2nd half and the difference between the two teams was 30 minutes of Fabregas. What an amazing player he is. You might have got a bit of a toasting, but only a mug would bet against Villa finishing the season lower than 5th, some impressive performances from your defenders today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Lionheart wrote:I dont disagree Luton Villa will be in or around 4th place but what you saw today is a classic example of how playing the way we do leaves you exposed against teams like Arsenal

Every time the ball goes off the floor you risk losing possession and teams like Arsenal can make you pay from losing possession

The majority of their passes are less than 10 yards and always along the floor thereby reducing the risk of losing the ball

Pure theory lion, what you risk and what happens are 2 different things, we lost the midfield because we were playing 3 wingers in midfield, Milner was found out today, you could see the ball being passed around him and he wasn't sure what to do, but the critical thing was Fabregas, sorry he was the difference, i would put us down for a fair 1 pt until they introduced what is one of the best players in the world, you can't paint over that fact...Fabregas turned the game and dominated the game.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Fabregas Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot

I hope Barcelona were watching Tease
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Lion, I watched the 2nd half and the difference between the two teams was 30 minutes of Fabregas. What an amazing player he is. You might have got a bit of a toasting, but only a mug would bet against Villa finishing the season lower than 5th, some impressive performances from your defenders today.

I absolutely agree I thought the defence and Friedel were excellent yet we still shipped in three and but for a series of goal line clearances it could have been more

The problem is in front of the defence, Petrov is the only midfielder, the rest are a combination of wide players and forwards and Arsenal exploited that

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Lion, I watched the 2nd half and the difference between the two teams was 30 minutes of Fabregas. What an amazing player he is. You might have got a bit of a toasting, but only a mug would bet against Villa finishing the season lower than 5th, some impressive performances from your defenders today.

I absolutely agree I thought the defence and Friedel were excellent yet we still shipped in three and but for a series of goal line clearances it could have been more

The problem is in front of the defence, Petrov is the only midfielder, the rest are a combination of wide players and forwards and Arsenal exploited that

Lionheart; Thing is you could attack today's loss in a far more poignant and direct way, the passing thing is purely a question of style and who they are playing, example, Burnley dealt with it easily IMO, that was just a few days ago. However if you wanted to raise a very valid criticism then i would have said " Where was MONS plan B", now that would have been valid.

Criticism if any was due: Where was MON's plan B, It was obvious to everyone in the world still breathing that Fabregas was and has always been a key element not just to this game but any Arsenal game, so, when he didn't start today clearly he wasn't fully fit.

By the 60th odd minute Wenger prowling his box was becoming frustrated, Arsenal were becoming less and less likely of taking all 3 points, and even a chance of having all 3 snatched away playing a team like Villa that hit you fast on the break and can score.

So like all great managers he made his move, risked all and went for it, he brought on Cesc Fabregas, and thats when MON should have had plan B.

Martin O'Niell should have been able to respond instantly and put in effect a Plan B.

What could plan B have been: He could have met head on Wenger's tactics by going 4-5-1, putting Gabby far right, taking Ashley Young of playing Downing far left and putting on NRC central to get in amongst the Arsenal players and rough them up a bit, basically what NRC is good at, he could have had a word with NRC at half time and said IF they bring on Fabregas your coming on and your job is to make life difficult for him, hit him hard let him know your onto him, crunch him.

That would have crowded out the midfield, broken up the game and certainly made life hard for Arsenal's passing style, but also it was clear that when Wenger made his tactical decision he out maneuvered MON gambling his star players fitness and whether MON would do anything about it, Wenger gambled we wouldn't, it was very clear how sensitive Wenger was about his star player Fabregas.

For Wenger it paid of, for MON were was his tactical counter "plan B", now that Lion is a good argument because all managers stand in there little areas thinking these little plans out.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:16 pm

Some or perhaps even all of what has been said here is valid but you've missed a key point, we could/should have been leading from early in the match when Eduardo, still missing a touch of confidence, passed the ball to Friedel rather than scored. There were one or two other close calls and yes, you weathered the storm but we were still on the case when Captain Cesc was called upon. Indeed both substitutes were key, Fabregas, obviously but Walcott too. I didn't have any worries about our defence, Gallas stuck to his task, Vermaelen was first in to every ball and both Sagna and Traoure were alert in defence and effective going forward.
As a Villa fan I'd have been disappointed with A.Young and although he was in it from first to last I thought Dunne was stretched almost to breaking point time and again - remember, we didn't have a main striker on the pitch but our tiddlers (I'm talking size here) worried the life out of your central defence.
Anyway, the best team won - which is a good thing - and you guys can continue your hunt for a 'Top 4' finish, starting against The Pool!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:28 pm

jpr60 wrote:Some or perhaps even all of what has been said here is valid but you've missed a key point, we could/should have been leading from early in the match when Eduardo, still missing a touch of confidence, passed the ball to Friedel rather than scored. There were one or two other close calls and yes, you weathered the storm but we were still on the case when Captain Cesc was called upon. Indeed both substitutes were key, Fabregas, obviously but Walcott too. I didn't have any worries about our defence, Gallas stuck to his task, Vermaelen was first in to every ball and both Sagna and Traoure were alert in defence and effective going forward.
As a Villa fan I'd have been disappointed with A.Young and although he was in it from first to last I thought Dunne was stretched almost to breaking point time and again - remember, we didn't have a main striker on the pitch but our tiddlers (I'm talking size here) worried the life out of your central defence.
Anyway, the best team won - which is a good thing - and you guys can continue your hunt for a 'Top 4' finish, starting against The Pool!

jpr60: Completely agree, Eduardo missed a real chance early on, and i would only assume that a sharper Eduardo would have buried that, later Cuellor cleared right of our line that looked a dead cert otherwise.....however, until Fabregas entered the game it was 0-0, thats all that counts, Fabregas was not fit, i think he was only on the field 15 minutes and he was limping around, we played well against Arsenal last season at yours by going 4-5-1, crowding out the midfield, bringing a players on like NRC who's only purpose in life is the awkward tackle, the crunching tackle. Not saying that would have made that much of a difference, but i was making the point that this is the kind of area MON can be found out on by a tactical manager and a real thinker like Wenger. By the way still think Fabregas is a stunning player, did you notice his body shape over the set piece, if you get the chance watch again, he was so relaxed it was scary, no tension, completely focused.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Lionheart wrote:I saw the game today and after all the posts I had read recently about Villa now playing a passing game ........

perhaps you should stop watching our games as we play crap every time, also Arsenal constantly pushed the ball out wide and put in crosses today, so feck off Tosspot

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:47 pm

We have done really well this season. our defense is brilliant and we have very good mix in midfield and options upfront.. even thou we can add to that..

BUT to be a team that makes the knock out stages of the champion league you ned to have somethign extra.. some clubs try and buy it like Chelsea and now Man City.. but others find there genuis players through the youth system or buy really cheap.. Gerrard Keane Giggs Beckham Ineista Messi Xavi etc

Arsenal had Fabregas.. the guy in 20mins totally turned the game on its head.. yes it was down to Fabregas but he is Arsenal's player and they look to him for that.. He delivered big time today!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

perhaps you should stop watching our games as we play crap every time, also Arsenal constantly pushed the ball out wide and put in crosses today, so feck off Tosspot

AV: You have to say Arsenal's movement of the ball and one touch passing in the centre was top stuff, i don't know of another team so fluid, my complaint was we didn't make life hard enough for them in the centre, and certain players looked run of there legs, Petrov for example, I can only assume Lion must watch Portuguese football which wholly relies upon this type of tight passing game, must be great to look at, and i love watching the Portugal national side, i know nothing about there domestic league, bit thats what Lion must be on about.IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:00 pm

3-0 flattered Arsenal a bit, we had them pretty much under control, although not really creating anything ourselves until Fabregas came on, scores a well taken freekick and were chasing the game, conceed the 2nd on the counter attack, something that we have done to other teams a few times, including Arsenal. And then the game was over, we lost our cohesion and perhaps discipline and its 3-0 which makes it look a lot worst then I think it was. Just hope we haven't tired our selves out for the Liverpool game to much.

Ashley Young missing the pool match and deserves to iss it for that shite dive right infront of the ref, what a cock. A little trick that Song? { I think) decided to copy a bit later with the same outcome.

Fabregas, I said when he came on that he would be the difference, wonder how long he will be injured for now though due to his little 20min run out, and was it worth it, perhaps.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Malachite wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

AV: You have to say Arsenal's movement of the ball and one touch passing in the centre was top stuff, i don't know of another team so fluid, my complaint was we didn't make life hard enough for them in the centre, and certain players looked run of there legs, Petrov for example, I can only assume Lion must watch Portuguese football which wholly relies upon this type of tight passing game, must be great to look at, and i love watching the Portugal national side, i know nothing about there domestic league, bit thats what Lion must be on about.IMO.

my main point to Lion is that he is obviously bad luck and should stop watching us No

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Not taking anything away from Wenger, he played the Fabregas card out of frustration, the guy is or wasn't fit, Wenger knew if he didn't do something the game would run out, have to say even an unfit Fabregas was sh*t hot, that was the balance of the game.

Ashley Young, said this last season, there is an element about his game that bothers me and its not just the play acting, I think he would be an excellent player to bring into a game of the bench the way Arsenal played Fabregas, think we need to buy a quality midfielder in Jan.

Liverpool; well here's the crunch, they will fancy this and we can expect them to come at us hard IMO, that little bit of fear factor we had going on has all but vanished, its going to be a hard game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:02 pm

IMO, we needed NRC in the middle today, with Milner outwide on the right, probably Downing on the bench.

Remember, we've still beaten Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool this season.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Malachite wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

my main point to Lion is that he is obviously bad luck and should stop watching us No

How am I bad luck, I went to the Hard Rock 10 days ago and met the German Couch girl!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Young's dive, what a fecking disgrace that was. Cheating little twat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next