JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool

+5
ADRIAN_1976
jak
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Bedshammer
spirit
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool Empty Liverpool

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Very simple this: The Arsenal effect could have done us a lot of damage, it was clear after the second goal and how fast the resolve of the Villa players just fell away finally looking like a very tired side that the toll of games from Man Utd onwards finally had done its damage. I just got the impression Villa thought victory at Arsenal was a strong possibilty and now it comes down to the point of being mauled by an injured player that we face Liverpool, who IMO will fancy this.

Liverpool IMO will see a win against Villa as a kick start to there season, putting them back on track for the top 4, thats how important this game will be for them, if we go down a goal early on we will lose badly i think, I would be happy with a point from this and then build again there after.

Draw.

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Empty Re: Liverpool

Post  spirit Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:56 pm

i think we should be positive and go for the win, it will be interesting to see what system MON plays without ashley young, i would be tempted to go 4-4-2 playing gabby as a right winger keep milner in the centre and play heskey and carew up front, liverpool are still vunerable, and as long as we get at them from the start, i see no reason why we can`t beat them, we are in a position now where we should fear no-one at villa park, bring em on

spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:16 pm

UTV.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Bedshammer wrote:UTV.

bounce

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:UTV.

bounce

I do hope that's an approving bounce.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:29 pm

spirit wrote:i think we should be positive and go for the win, it will be interesting to see what system MON plays without ashley young, i would be tempted to go 4-4-2 playing gabby as a right winger keep milner in the centre and play heskey and carew up front, liverpool are still vunerable, and as long as we get at them from the start, i see no reason why we can`t beat them, we are in a position now where we should fear no-one at villa park, bring em on

Yep, you would think, however, i think Liverpool will come at us.

Have to say we are showing signs of fatigue IMO, that really is worrying, I would go 4-5-1 thats how we beat them at Anfield, thats how we beat Arsenal last season at the Emirates and Liverpool are another side with a world beater in midfield and of course Torres.

Lets have a look at the speedy Albrighton as Young has decided that he wants to show us why he should be chosen for the British Olympic diving team, and in fairness to the guy i think he has every chance of a gold medal.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:49 pm

I hope you sort Liverpool/Benitez right out.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:15 pm

MASSIVE GAME tomorrow.. I genuinley think if Liverpool lose they can kiss 4th goodbye.. Its asking too much for Three teams (Villa..Spurs..Man City) to slip up..

On the flip side.. If we lose i think we could fall again like last season..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:25 pm

We need to get a positive result tomorrow, fceking hate those red shite. I would start NRC either on the right or in the middle with Milner going back out wide, would put Albrighton on the bench. We may see a couple more changes, lets hope Carew gets his arse into gear if he is chosen up front.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:32 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:MASSIVE GAME tomorrow.. I genuinley think if Liverpool lose they can kiss 4th goodbye.. Its asking too much for Three teams (Villa..Spurs..Man City) to slip up..

On the flip side.. If we lose i think we could fall again like last season..

IMO, this is correct, defining moment for both teams, Liverpool win and they will see this as back on track for the top 4, we lose and it could well be the start of the rot that hit us last year, and we have a 2 leg affair coming up with Blackburn which IMO is incredibly important. We win and we are still in contention for top 6 finish and still putting pressure on top 4, Liverpool lose and i can't see how Rafa can stay because that will be pretty much the end of top 4 for Liverpool this season, I would predict Mourinho will take over in the summer.

So massive game, huge game for both teams.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Just got this of the Liverpool board for tonights game Clap mental they really are.

"Villa looked shite in the 2nd half when Arsenal really went at them.
Then the Arse played there only proper footballer end of".

"In the first meeting this season we battered this shower of shite,
yet they somehow managed a 3-1 victory, they'e a bit like an Allardyce team in that they play for set pieces,
Like F**king crapshotters,I'd like to see us put the record straight and get a win at their place".

Man City's defence is dog turd and I don't expect them to be in the mix up come May.
I think Spurs have the best options available and might be the main threat. They've even managed 4 clean sheets on the bounce which is very unlike them.
I'm hoping Villa defend like they did at Arse yesterday so no defence when we play them later.

Milner is alright, to basic for me, confuse him and he's out the race.

Bonkolor like a british rail train once its got leaves on the track.

I love this banter stuff, They actually red into the game with Arsenal, we have no defence. Clap

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Message for AVFC4Eva

We have the game on TV tonight

Should I watch it??

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Lionheart wrote:Message for AVFC4Eva

We have the game on TV tonight

Should I watch it??

FFS NO!!!!!!!!!!! And if you do can you were red.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Yeah I think it's better when Lion doesn't watch........we seem to get a good result!

Anyway, I think he should move Milner to the right, and bring in NRC into the middle with Petrov, with Downing on the left.

Carew and Gabby upfront, with the same back 4 as against Arsenal.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

And the game on Spanish TV is?

Feckin Bolton v Hull !!!!!! TOSSERS !!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:24 pm

A point is the minimum you should get against this pile of shite Wink
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 pm

Looking Ok, better shape across the centre than v Arsenal thats for sure.

NRC needs to get stuck in-take no prisoners, mainly with the dirty b'stards Benayoun and If Lucas leeds with his studs again on Gabby, if i was on the field i'd seriously shin him.

My problen is I can't see were our goal is coming from

Dunne is formidable again

Gabby is pure class but not direct enough, its as i said, he as to remember he's there to score goals first and foremost.

Difficult game and Liverpool will be happy to be at this point at Half time, they will chase the game in the 2nd IMO. We need to be carefull.

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Bad penalty miss by the ref
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Feck me how could you lose against that lot Shocked
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Right I'm off to bed before Lion posts a 98 page diatribe about where MON went wrong.

Toodle pip cousins.
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Finn wrote:Right I'm off to bed before Lion posts a 98 page diatribe about where MON went wrong.

Toodle pip cousins.

Only 98!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:11 pm

Opportunistic daylight robbery, it happens, more grating when it happens at a point in the game when your all over them

IMO, What we have to address:

Midfield, at time its shocking, and for the main i've noticed Gabby is having to come to deep with back to goal playing as a receiver to play other players in constantly laying of balls rather than being in a position where he is actually facing the goal in the box, central, Then you consider Torres who piddles about all game waiting for his midfield to set him of and toodle pip job done, done nothing all game, but that's because he has a midfield.

Warnock.....FFS man fix your grip, you did exactly the same v Arsenal a few days ago falling on your face in the box and letting the opposition have possession at a crucial time, it isn't rocket science mate.

All in all, I actually think we conducted ourselves better than i thought we would, after the Arsenal game, but still disappointed because we were so robbed.

Also terrible referring once again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:17 pm

I've just read Finns post, there a lot of toodle pipping going on around here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Finn wrote:Bad penalty miss by the ref

Finn: If your talking about the hand ball, IMO the ref got that right, it was definitely ball to hand/arm with no proof that the flow of the ball impeded any other players ( Villa) ability to control the ball or stop them scoring, although there was a Villa player behind someway.

However if you are on about some of the tackles in the box, bang on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:50 pm

we was robbed, bad pass by Warnock and then unlucky with gabbys challange that poked the ball straight through to Torres, no way did they deserve that, gutting.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next