JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal

+5
roadoftrinity
ADRIAN_1976
QBVILLA
villanfromluton
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal

Post  Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:thought it was a good game and also agree that downing was a bit below par tonight, should have scored with that header.

I presume we had exactly the same amount of passes as Arsenal since it was a draw??? And im not sure on the final stats but didnt we have more shots then the arse? strange for a shit defensive team that never passes. Im presuming that arsenal really had the most passes, there was times in the game where they passed it around alot and never came near our goal, this is what we try to point out to lion but its all about the opta stats not the actual gameplay...

Villa had 56% possession..

Shocked holy shit, are you sure.....

Lion must be pissed that his documentry, 'an annoying truth' on tonights game is ruined

Going by the stats MOTD show after the game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:17 am

Yeah that was a big shock to me aswell, I didn't get to watch the game but when the stats came up and showed that we had 56% possession, against Arsenal of all people - I thought we must have moved the ball around more comfortably then against, lets say, lesser sides.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:39 am

BBC match stats show 50-50 possession with The Arsenal having more shots, including more on target. Otherwise everything looked pretty equal.
'Twas a good match, Villa better first half although we could've scored when Cesc beat the keeper but the ball came back off the post. Second half Arsenal looked the better team and I fully expected a late goal would see us claim the points.
Ashley Young looked good for Villa, Downing was poor IMO, missing opportunities and I didn't much care for his Van Nistelroy hop-and-collapse which earned Clichy a yellow. Fabregas was, as usual great for us, Arshavin clever, as always and almost made the goal when Rosicky hit the bar - the rest worked hard.
Probably a draw was a fair result.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 am

The Sun has it 52-48% in Arsenals favour.With Arsenal having more shots on target but less overall.Just goes to show you can argue with stats after all.Reckon Wenger will see a point as a let down with the games Arsenal have coming up and for us it's a decent point though 4 league games without a goal isn't too clever.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:15 am

QBVILLA wrote:The Sun has it 52-48% in Arsenals favour.With Arsenal having more shots on target but less overall.Just goes to show you can argue with stats after all.Reckon Wenger will see a point as a let down with the games Arsenal have coming up and for us it's a decent point though 4 league games without a goal isn't too clever.

Wenger saw it that Villa were a physical long ball team, **** knows what game he was watching. A midfield of Downing, Young, Milner and Petrov physical, hmmmm.

Anyway, I enjoyed the game, thought a draw was a fair result in the end. Downing was poor but it would good to see Young getting back to top form.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:34 am

The difference in opinions about the stats makes you wonder how the premiership are going to instigate the new lion league next season and how it will work.

Wenger has shown himself again to be a whinger. Are we not allowed to tackle them and make it difficult for them to play their passing game. Much as I would rather Arsenal win the league than the other 2, the comments of that guy makes me think why. Long ball team my arse, but easy tag to make as we have seen on here far too often. How a midfield like ours can be described as pyhsical is a joke, yes the defenders are strong, is that a crime?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:thought it was a good game and also agree that downing was a bit below par tonight, should have scored with that header.

I presume we had exactly the same amount of passes as Arsenal since it was a draw??? And im not sure on the final stats but didnt we have more shots then the arse? strange for a shit defensive team that never passes. Im presuming that arsenal really had the most passes, there was times in the game where they passed it around alot and never came near our goal, this is what we try to point out to lion but its all about the opta stats not the actual gameplay...

A good but crude measure of how well we did is to look at MOTD, we all know what it takes to to dominate highlights against any of the big 4...Ok then, basically they highlighted the 2 missed chance of Arsenal ever so slightly more time was taken up by Villa, 56% of possession doesn't surprise me, overall we were the better side...overall, be interesting to add onto that completed passes, tackles etc, the missed chances by Downing to me didn't say he had a bad game, said to me we desperately need a striker and that's must be what MON thinks, evenish game, fair result.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:04 am

Arsenal didnt dominate the second half at all.. we were always on the attack mainly without having a front man who looked like he could create the space and movement to score..

Comments on Downing are a bit harsh.. if that was poor then he must be shit hot this season.. he wasnt a masive influence but was still decent and his balls to switch play and find Young in space on the other wing were good..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Arsenal didnt dominate the second half at all.. we were always on the attack mainly without having a front man who looked like he could create the space and movement to score..

Comments on Downing are a bit harsh.. if that was poor then he must be shit hot this season.. he wasnt a masive influence but was still decent and his balls to switch play and find Young in space on the other wing were good..

Ades

How are our cup final tickets coming along??

Try to get them in a different part to AVFC4Eva - I couldnĀ“t handle 90 minutes of him moping on about his ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Arsenal didnt dominate the second half at all.. we were always on the attack mainly without having a front man who looked like he could create the space and movement to score..

My thoughts exactly Adrian, Villa overall were the better side, you can't expect a winger to be as sh*t hot as your predator striker would be in that position, in fact you could ask the question what the phuk was he doing there but that would be silly and very harsh, all that said, single out the event and you have to say the one sitter was a real miss. However i carried on watching the highlights and I watched Rooney miss an absolute sitter, Tevez, Jones for Sunderland, lost count now but quite a few. It happens.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:23 am

Lionheart wrote:

Ades

How are our cup final tickets coming along??

Try to get them in a different part to AVFC4Eva - I couldnĀ“t handle 90 minutes of him moping on about his ex

Im trying to sort your one out to sit in the Man U end and you lot can all Tosspot over there sexy football Tease
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 am

Shocked
Dirty feck
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:54 pm

I didn't see the match but from what I've read it sounded like a really good game, both teams going at it and suprisingly us not conceding the possession to the gooners. A decent point but we need to step it up in the league to keep up with the other 3
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2