JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zola in Italy?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zola in Italy? Empty Zola in Italy?

Post  Bedshammer Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:20 pm

and has given all the playing staff 3 days off to rest, according to Soccernet.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=762744&sec=england&cc=5739
Surely this can't be true?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Zola in Italy? Empty Re: Zola in Italy?

Post  Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 pm

DOL in the frame hmmm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:52 pm

No

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 am

Bedshammer wrote:and has given all the playing staff 3 days off to rest, according to Soccernet.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=762744&sec=england&cc=5739
Surely this can't be true?

why not time off to think gain some composure....let the lads have a few days off, then back to the grind...

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:36 am

Well, I'm inclined to think they need to train. I think Zola's a lovely man, but he lacks a hard edge.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 am

You can just imagine fergie giving his players a little holiday after a bad run of results.Zola, great footballer but completely out of his depth as a PL manager
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammers Dad Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 pm

On Sunday people will be saying it was inspirational mangement when reporting on West Ham beating Everton 3-0...you mark my words!

Hammers Dad

http://z15.invisionfree.com/comeonyouirons/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Hammers Dad wrote:On Sunday people will be saying it was inspirational mangement when reporting on West Ham beating Everton 3-0...you mark my words!

I hope you're right, I really do. I'm not holding my breath though.
Zola in Italy? Icon_rolleyes
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Hammers Dad wrote:On Sunday people will be saying it was inspirational mangement when reporting on West Ham beating Everton 3-0...you mark my words!

You are on the sauce a bit early today me thinks Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammers Dad Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:19 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Not me chief, never touch the stuff (unless I am at footy, even then only 2 pints)

I am just fed up with all the whining and whinging going on. I can remember a time when West Ham had managers that got us relegated and they stayed on and worked hard and got us promoted again.
I can remember managers getting us relegated then winning the FA Cup.
Zola needs help, for sure, but canning him means we would have had as many mangers in the last 8 years as we had in the first 80!
I'm more inclined to bring someone in as an advisor, heling him in his structure and planning and see how we get on. If we spend a year or two in the Championship, then so be it.

Hammers Dad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Hammers Dad wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Not me chief, never touch the stuff (unless I am at footy, even then only 2 pints)

I am just fed up with all the whining and whinging going on. I can remember a time when West Ham had managers that got us relegated and they stayed on and worked hard and got us promoted again.
Zola needs help, for sure, but canning him means we would have had as many mangers in the last 8 years as we had in the first 80!
I'm more inclined to bring someone in as an advisor, heling him in his structure and planning and see how we get on. If we spend a year or two in the Championship, then so be it.

We simply cannot afford to be relegated. If we go down, we'll be heading down the same road as Bradford.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:28 pm

Hammers Dad wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

surely not more then 1 Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Hammers Dad wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

You are on the sauce a bit early today me thinks Zola in Italy? Icon_biggrin

We simply cannot afford to be relegated. If we go down, we'll be heading down the same road as Bradford.

You don't know that for sure though, do you?

HD, Roeder *shudder* stayed on after we were relegated. I'm sad to say that I think Zola is a lovely bloke who was a cracking footballer, but I don't think he's a premiership manager, at least at the moment. I didn't realise just how bad his record is till yesterday.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:39 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Hammers Dad wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

You are on the sauce a bit early today me thinks Zola in Italy? Icon_biggrin

You don't know that for sure though, do you?

HD, Roeder *shudder* stayed on after we were relegated. I'm sad to say that I think Zola is a lovely bloke who was a cracking footballer, but I don't think he's a premiership manager, at least at the moment. I didn't realise just how bad his record is till yesterday.

Like G&S, it'll be armageddon. We're still over £110m in debt, and the revenue we'd get from Championship football just wouldn't be able to keep the club afloat. It'd make the 2003 firesale look like a car boot.

He's only won something like 21 in 74 games I think? Nowhere near good enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammers Dad Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:52 pm

You don't believe all that guff about armageddon, £110m debt, bollox do you?

Oh, and I don't recall all this "Zola is shite" malarky when he got us to 9th last season.

Hammers Dad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:57 pm

I don't think he's shite.
I think he's tactically naive and has lost the dressing room.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammers Dad Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I don't think he's shite.

Lost the dressing room?
It's just down the stairs from the pitch on the left.
How the hell do you lose a room?

Like I said, he wasn't tactically naive last season.
He hadn't lost the support of the players (basically the same as this seasons squad) last season and I don't see the players turning on him.

Hammers Dad

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 pm

I think he's too nice. And his record is a little bit shocking.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Hammers Dad wrote:

Lost the dressing room?

He hadn't lost the support of the players (basically the same as this seasons squad) last season and I don't see the players turning on him.

To be fair i've lost entire weekends in the past Spin
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Hammers Dad wrote:You don't believe all that guff about armageddon, £110m debt, bollox do you?

Oh, and I don't recall all this "Zola is shite" malarky when he got us to 9th last season.

Didn't Roeder get you 7th? o'leary got us to 6th as well despite being fecking useless.Sometimes manager's drop lucky for a season.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammers Dad Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:41 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Hammers Dad wrote:You don't believe all that guff about armageddon, £110m debt, bollox do you?

Didn't Roeder get you 7th? o'leary got us to 6th as well despite being fecking useless.Sometimes manager's drop lucky for a season.

The difference is we disliked Roeder from the start!

Hammers Dad

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:51 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Hammers Dad wrote:

Lost the dressing room?

To be fair i've lost entire weekends in the past Zola in Italy? 530300

Zola in Italy? Icon_biggrin
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Roeder seems a nice enough fella and I reckon the only reasons there isn't 100% of the Hammers fans against Zola is that he seems like a nice fella and he was a genius of a player.the last West Ham side who went down were blessed with some sublime talent and whilst this current squad isn't anywhere near that quality i'd say there was enough to be better than the likes of Hull,Wigan and Bolton.IMO if you had Allardyce,Curbishley or even Parew in charge West Ham would be sitting comfortably in mid table by now.Everyone loves seeing pretty football but it's been plainly obvious that West Ham do not have the players with the required talent to do the job.Oh and what the feck have McCarthy and Mido been doing in training? walking down to the local Greggs? Couple of fat bastards those two
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:02 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Roeder seems a nice enough fella and I reckon the only reasons there isn't 100% of the Hammers fans against Zola is that he seems like a nice fella and he was a genius of a player.the last West Ham side who went down were blessed with some sublime talent and whilst this current squad isn't anywhere near that quality i'd say there was enough to be better than the likes of Hull,Wigan and Bolton.IMO if you had Allardyce,Curbishley or even Parew in charge West Ham would be sitting comfortably in mid table by now.Everyone loves seeing pretty football but it's been plainly obvious that West Ham do not have the players with the required talent to do the job.Oh and what the feck have McCarthy and Mido been doing in training? walking down to the local Greggs? Couple of fat bastards those two

Pretty much spot on. And still, no-one seems to know what Steve Clarke does. Zola only has a Plan A, no matter who we're playing or who he's got available.

One thing, I think the reaction that the players got on Tuesday night might have been a bit of a wake up call for them. Upson looked shocked as he left the pitch. They did put in some effort on Saturday, and the crowd were as up for it as possible under the circumstances.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:03 pm

If Zola goes, I hope the club retain the services of Steve Clarke. Mourinho has said he's the best coach in England and that's good enough for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum