JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathan Delfouneso

+3
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
villanfromluton
Jay.P.A
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nathan Delfouneso Empty Nathan Delfouneso

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Looked excellent when he came on today.

As soon as he got the ball for the first time, he was on a great run, until he got fouled.

Showed some excellent first touches aswell - certainly better then Gabby in that respect, probably more techinical then Gabby.

I'm know AVFC4EVASOTC says he's ok, but it looks like we have a really good prospect on our hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XryprluNsvs

A little video of him
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Nathan Delfouneso Empty Re: Nathan Delfouneso

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:09 pm

I was impressed with him as well Jay, thought he looked lively and sharp. Actually thought Carew put himself about today as well.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Looked excellent when he came on today.

As soon as he got the ball for the first time, he was on a great run, until he got fouled.

Showed some excellent first touches aswell - certainly better then Gabby in that respect, probably more techinical then Gabby.

I'm know AVFC4EVASOTC says he's ok, but it looks like we have a really good prospect on our hands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XryprluNsvs

A little video of him

So is Douglas Bader.

Looks a good player Delfuenso.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:01 am

meh

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 am

I reckon we need to play him more, I'm not convinced the other 3 are up to the job without support.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:19 am

villainies wrote:I reckon we need to play him more, I'm not convinced the other 3 are up to the job without support.

Yes, Gabby has been really shite this season Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:38 am

Vfl you dick! Gabby Carew and heskey aren't scoring enough goals they need some support. Even you must be able to see that?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 am

Leave my dick out of this Leatherman

Gabby has been excellent for Villa this season, yes I would be happy to give the Fonz a go, though I thought Carew looked more lively yesterday as well.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:53 am

villainies wrote:Vfl you dick! Gabby Carew and heskey aren't scoring enough goals they need some support. Even you must be able to see that?

Have to say Viilainies only a Villa fan has the kind of special ability to see what your suggesting.

The one huge great enormous monstrous thing that's stuck out to me like seeing Osama Bin Laden at a Klu Klux Klan meeting was the fact that we haven't got a front line unless Gabriel Agbonlahor is out there doing his stuff pinning back defences, watch the transformation when Gabby is out there next, and the Villa side resumes normal service.

Villa fans will have to except one day that Gabby like it or not is one of the best strikers in the premiership, he may not come as charismatic as some do, but without doubt when i looked at Ashley Young yesterday it was like looking ata cripple with his crutches taken away, that run to the by line and the cross over an empty Palace 6yd box was for one player and one player only, which is why the commentator referred to Youngs pace and no one could keep up with him, well there is someone that can keep up with him and we know who that is don't we children. Villa play one way and pace is a major part of our game.

Jay: Fonz is nowhere near the standard yet. We offered nothing up front that Palace didn't match. They are saying Ambrose was the most skillful player on the park, they're having a laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:Vfl you dick! Gabby Carew and heskey aren't scoring enough goals they need some support. Even you must be able to see that?

Have to say Viilainies only a Villa fan has the kind of special ability to see what your suggesting.

The one huge great enormous monstrous thing that's stuck out to me like seeing Osama Bin Laden at a Klu Klux Klan meeting was the fact that we haven't got a front line unless Gabriel Agbonlahor is out there doing his stuff pinning back defences, watch the transformation when Gabby is out there next, and the Villa side resumes normal service.

Villa fans will have to except one day that Gabby like it or not is one of the best strikers in the premiership, he may not come as charismatic as some do, but without doubt when i looked at Ashley Young yesterday it was like looking ata cripple with his crutches taken away, that run to the by line and the cross over an empty Palace 6yd box was for one player and one player only, which is why the commentator referred to Youngs pace and no one could keep up with him, well there is someone that can keep up with him and we know who that is don't we children. Villa play one way and pace is a major part of our game.

Jay: Fonz is nowhere near the standard yet. We offered nothing up front that Palace didn't match. They are saying Ambrose was the most skillful player on the park, they're having a laugh.

Beds
He's not even in the top 10.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Beds

Your top 10, top ten of scorer's ( can't believe i've even said that) top ten of Fifa 2010 scorers or what.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:28 pm

OK, so he's not one of the best strikers in the Premiership......but he is one of the most feared in the Prem, without a doubt.

My only complaint with Gabby is that although he worked really hard this season, he sometimes misses the easiest of chances - but then out of no where he'll score a great goal lol.

If he improves on his finishing, then he'd be a dead cert to get 20 goals this season. He's got 12 goals this season already, and last season, he finished with 13 goals altogether. Shows he's already improving.

Anyway, I think The Fonz should start the next cuptie.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Malachite wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Beds

Your top 10, top ten of scorer's ( can't believe i've even said that) top ten of Fifa 2010 scorers or what.

Anelka isn't in the top 10 scorers, are you saying Agbonlahor is better than him?

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Anelka isn't in the top 10 scorers, are you saying Agbonlahor is better than him?

Agbonalhor was 6th in the top scorer list last season as well.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Villanies is right to a degree.. gabby is a very good player and an asset to our team no doubt..

BUT in the summer we need to add probbaly two strikers..

With Oneil not known for chasing talent from abroad the likely hood is we will look for strikers in UK..

Pavlechenko.. doesnt get much of a chance at Spurs for some strange reason.. might have a bad attitude.. but if he came with the right attitude then i think he could be a striker who scores his fair share of goals and is the closest thing to an instinctive finisher that might be available form the UK market..

Zamora is another who the other day against Burnley.. looked really good.. he scored a great free kick and the other two shots he had needed good saves from Jensen.. But again not sure if he is just having one good season or is actually developing into a god striker..

One thing is for sure we have the Management structure to get the best out of players and if both players came with the right attitude i can see both being assets for us..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Malachite wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Beds

EZ: If you must Gabby is 10th, but there is a huge amount more that defines a striker, I'm saying Gabby is 1 of the best Premiership front men without doubt.

He doesn't have the experience of Anelka, He doesn't have the experience of Drogba, Torres, he doesn't have the grounding of Rooney or Defoe, he came up through the Villa ranks and he's palyed for only Villa, he's never played at the higher levels of internationals or Champions League, but that will come so bearing all that in mind YES he's one of the Premierships' top front men.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:OK, so he's not one of the best strikers in the Premiership......but he is one of the most feared in the Prem, without a doubt.

My only complaint with Gabby is that although he worked really hard this season, he sometimes misses the easiest of chances - but then out of no where he'll score a great goal lol.

If he improves on his finishing, then he'd be a dead cert to get 20 goals this season. He's got 12 goals this season already, and last season, he finished with 13 goals altogether. Shows he's already improving.

Anyway, I think The Fonz should start the next cuptie.

Jay, He's one of the most feared strikers in the Premiership because what he brings to the game is just that deadly, that in its self makes him one of the best striker in the Prem.

As for not playing him depends on how you want to see Villa, Play gabby and we will probably qualify to the next round in the FA Cup, but risk losing him to a side that are not going to lie down, they feel cheated, robbed, and feel they have the beating of Villa and know that the next up is Reading or WBA, Palace are a side that's broke, we have offered them a cause and a way out, its going to be a big game there will be tackles flying in everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:00 pm

The big difference this season in Gabby is he is far better in his hold up play and bringing others into play.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Gabby gets looked on more because Heskey defined the term 'non scoring stirker' and Carew has been complete and utter shit this season.. If Gabby had played like Carew this season they would be burning effigies of him!!

Put Gabby with Pavlechenko or Zamora and i think we would have a very good partnership
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:

Agbonalhor was 6th in the top scorer list last season as well.

Thought you would have had another smug response lined up?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:13 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Gabby gets looked on more because Heskey defined the term 'non scoring stirker' and Carew has been complete and utter shit this season.. If Gabby had played like Carew this season they would be burning effigies of him!!

Put Gabby with Pavlechenko or Zamora and i think we would have a very good partnership

You on the piss Ades, or just your normal thick self
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Agbonlahor is a very good player, he hasn't got the greatest scoring record i will grant you, but for his age it isn't bad. The work he does upfront with his pace and also holding the ball up is a big assett though, and I think we missed him yesterday against palace.

Our major problem is that with Heskey as well we have to many players who work hard upfront but don't score, we need a defoe who is going to hit the bag of the net on a regular basis. Where to find one though?

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Gabby gets looked on more because Heskey defined the term 'non scoring stirker' and Carew has been complete and utter shit this season.. If Gabby had played like Carew this season they would be burning effigies of him!!

Adrian: I can't even say how much i agree with that, absolutely spot on, better put than all the shite i have tried to explain to EZ, Anelka plays with phuking Drogba, Torres gets serviced by Gerard, Tevez plays with Adebayour,........wait for it..Gabby sits along side friggin Heskey, and the really peculiar strange thing, Heskey was got in because of the skills he offers in his hold up play and bringing players into the game...................................who's doing that now better than anybody else in the side.............................Gabby. you couldn't plan this.

Put Gabby with real quality and he would be banging in 20+ every season. EZ.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Mal more to the point even if he was scoring 13goals a season.. his work rate pace would mean his strike partner would score probbaly more thne him..

Gabby has impressed me this season.. i still dont think he is a clinical finisher but he does a lot of work outside the box.. put a fox in the box next to him and we would have a deadly strike force!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:29 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

You on the piss Ades, or just your normal thick self

Lutes.. if we take the foreign signing out of the equation.. wat is left?

Zamora has been impressive this season.. he wouldnt be my first chocie but if his attitude is right we have the best management team to get him to flourish..

Plus we need two strikers.. one to play next to Gabby and another one who cna come on and influence the game..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next