JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcus Berg..

+2
QBVILLA
ADRIAN_1976
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marcus Berg.. Empty Marcus Berg..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Highly rated and scored a fair few goals in the U21 Championships.. we have Carew and Heskey for experience and this guy is young and a fox in the box..

I'll leave Qb and RoT to say we should get Owen instead Basketball

Lion and Villanies to make a comment about which Berg Oneil and Robertson would be scouting scratch

And Lutes to sit on the fence the fat feck!! cheers
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Marcus Berg.. Empty Re: Marcus Berg..

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:03 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Highly rated and scored a fair few goals in the U21 Championships.. we have Carew and Heskey for experience and this guy is young and a fox in the box..

Lion and Villanies to make a comment about which Berg Oneil and Robertson would be scouting scratch

So how many times have you seen this guy play oh wise one of vast Football Manager experience?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Check out the BBC's text.

BBC Radio 5's Chris Waddle: "I was expecting a lot more from the front two of Sweden - I've been especially disappointed with Marcus Berg, he's just hardly had a kick."

1811: Ten minutes gone in the second half and so far, so good for England, who still lead 3-0.

Clap chrissy Waddle
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Toyvenen (that's spelled wrong) scored a really good freekick.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Check out the BBC's text.

BBC Radio 5's Chris Waddle: "I was expecting a lot more from the front two of Sweden - I've been especially disappointed with Marcus Berg, he's just hardly had a kick."

1811: Ten minutes gone in the second half and so far, so good for England, who still lead 3-0.

Clap chrissy Waddle

Chris waddle isnt saying that about him now is he.. for me Waddle talks shite when it comes to football.. will never make the grade as a coach/manager.. hence why he is a pundit on radio.. Berg has a great first touch and is great in the box.. not saying he is the one to buy for sure.. but the guy has great potential which a club like ours can bring out IF we decide to take a chance on rather then then steady type.. but look much better then our Gabby

p.s i havent seen him play besides this tournament so checked out his pedigree before hand to see if he was just a one off but seems like he is highly rated by a fair few people..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:28 pm

Adrian, he's got less than 30 goals in over 50 Dutch league appearances. Now given that Alves was scoring at over a goal a game in the same league and was a massive flop I think you're jumping the gun a little..

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Adrian, he's got less than 30 goals in over 50 Dutch league appearances. Now given that Alves was scoring at over a goal a game in the same league and was a massive flop I think you're jumping the gun a little..

I never said he is the real deal and how am i jumping the gun.. actually the post was light hearted as with the different facts mentioned about other Villa members..

Just seems the guy looks talented and could be worth a punt.. as for the Alves fact.. firstly Alves isnt a young up and coming player.. plus just cus Alves was shite does that mean Van nistelroy.. bergkamp.. kluviert were all shite too?
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:35 pm

I used Alves as an example because him and Berg seem to have similar playing styles.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:40 pm

I mentioned Berg cus this summer would be nice to buy a player from the continent that offers something different then what is here.. when Frasier Campbell is going for 6Million the fees for players here are extortionate..

We have a good blend of players based here who can roll there sleeves up..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Highly rated and scored a fair few goals in the U21 Championships.. we have Carew and Heskey for experience and this guy is young and a fox in the box..

Have to be a big fceking fence for me to sit on.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:03 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Have to be a big fceking fence for me to sit on.

You can always use Reddi as a bench Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:06 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I mentioned Berg cus this summer would be nice to buy a player from the continent that offers something different then what is here.. when Frasier Campbell is going for 6Million the fees for players here are extortionate..

Returning to the Michael owen debate.Would you prefer to spend £6m on Campbell plus lets say £25k a week on wages or give Owen £3m a year in wages?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:08 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I mentioned Berg cus this summer would be nice to buy a player from the continent that offers something different then what is here.. when Frasier Campbell is going for 6Million the fees for players here are extortionate..

Returning to the Michael owen debate.Would you prefer to spend £6m on Campbell plus lets say £25k a week on wages or give Owen £3m a year in wages?

Difficult one QB.. havent seen anything in Frasier campbell to suggest he can be better then Gabby.. similar type of player.. Owne is risky cus of injuries.. if we could get a couple of decent seasons out of him then would take Owen all day long.. A fit owen is always going to score goals..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:11 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Difficult one QB.. havent seen anything in Frasier campbell to suggest he can be better then Gabby.. similar type of player.. Owne is risky cus of injuries.. if we could get a couple of decent seasons out of him then would take Owen all day long.. A fit owen is always going to score goals..

Therefore you have answered your own point regarding Owen, you are a daft plonker sometimes are you not. Owen would be worth a gamble IMO
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:13 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Like i've already said if we were talking about paying a fee for Owen plus wages i'd probably steer clear.However, for the reported wages he wants, ie £6m over two years I think it's a gamble that has to be taken.You could take pretty much any striker from the Championship and he'd be a dearer option than Owen, and with three strikers already in the 1st team squad plus the Fonz, if we could have Owen involved for 20 games that would still represent value for money IMO.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:16 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Therefore you have answered your own point regarding Owen, you are a daft plonker sometimes are you not. Owen would be worth a gamble IMO

What the feck you on about porkie Twisted Evil

Ive never said Owen is shite.. always thought if we could get a couple of seasons out of him then could well be worth a punt.. its just that getting 20plus games a seaosn out fo him is highly dubious right now.. the Berg thing was about how he looks a good player..and any leading goalscorer in europe wont coem to us so we got to go for players that can maybe reach that standard.. perosnally think Frasier Campbell cant be a top top player otherwise Fegie wouldnt sell him..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:19 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

What the feck you on about porkie Twisted Evil

Ive never said Owen is shite.. always thought if we could get a couple of seasons out of him then could well be worth a punt.. its just that getting 20plus games a seaosn out fo him is highly dubious right now.. the Berg thing was about how he looks a good player..and any leading goalscorer in europe wont coem to us so we got to go for players that can maybe reach that standard.. perosnally think Frasier Campbell cant be a top top player otherwise Fegie wouldnt sell him..

Good players will always leave Man Utd because they are behind great players.I wouldn't see that Campbell leaving Old Trafford is an indication that he's shit.I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on how good he is, but the fact he can't geta game ahead of Man U's millionaire club doesn't equate to him being a failure
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:21 pm

You do talk some bollox Ades :)

We have potential with Gabby, what we need is a goalscorer. We wont as you say get the top players, a gamble on Owen is worth it because he will get goals.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:21 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Like i've already said if we were talking about paying a fee for Owen plus wages i'd probably steer clear.However, for the reported wages he wants, ie £6m over two years I think it's a gamble that has to be taken.You could take pretty much any striker from the Championship and he'd be a dearer option than Owen, and with three strikers already in the 1st team squad plus the Fonz, if we could have Owen involved for 20 games that would still represent value for money IMO.

Owen wouldnt be a bad risk to take if we can get a good deal via wages.. also would like someone like Tuncay coming in, who can link play up.. but cant see us bringing in two strikersd when we already have three senios and one youngster already..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:23 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Didnt get much of a look in at Spuds too.. plus with Ronaldo and Tevez gone then im sure if Fergie saw somethign in him he wouldve kept him
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:26 pm

villanfromluton wrote:You do talk some bollox Ades :)

We have potential with Gabby, what we need is a goalscorer. We wont as you say get the top players, a gamble on Owen is worth it because he will get goals.

Feck you :evil:

I dont mind taking a gamble on Owen and as things stand and the fact we dont seem to have a extensive scouting network and look to bring in players from wider then these shores then i will take Owen over the likes of Frasier Campbell..

Wat about Bent instead of Owen.. any thoughts?
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Ades, first off learn to post properly.Secondly regarding Campbell.He's 21/22 now so his time has come where he needs regular firts team football.Berbatov and Rooney are ahead of him.Then there is Macheda and Wellbeck.Plus with the £80m from Ronaldo deal it's a fair assumption that Fergie will be bringing in another world star.
As for his Spuds experience.
Keane,Defoe,Bent,Pavulychenko.All big money signings, all on big wages.All more likely to get selected ahead of a kid who is only on loan because the Berbatov deal was completed at the 11th hour.I wouldn't read too much into it.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:31 pm

I've never seen Marcus Berg play to be honest other than in the under 21's, and reports at that he will be above 6 million. As for Frazer Cambell, 6 million and he is going to be our 4th choice striker, so what's the point, the only point in buying someone is to put instant presure our strikers.

So based on the fact I have hardly ever seen Berg, I would say I would go for Owen. You just never know, however with Carew, Heskey and Owen, our injury room could end up been pretty busy.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:40 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Ades, first off learn to post properly.Secondly regarding Campbell.He's 21/22 now so his time has come where he needs regular firts team football.Berbatov and Rooney are ahead of him.Then there is Macheda and Wellbeck.Plus with the £80m from Ronaldo deal it's a fair assumption that Fergie will be bringing in another world star.
Keane,Defoe,Bent,Pavulychenko.All big money signings, all on big wages.All more likely to get selected ahead of a kid who is only on loan because the Berbatov deal was completed at the 11th hour.I wouldn't read too much into it.

My posting is fine! just :drunken:

As for Campbell.. guess its all about opinions etc but i wouldnt want us to be paying 6M for him..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:47 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Ades, first off learn to post properly.Secondly regarding Campbell.He's 21/22 now so his time has come where he needs regular firts team football.Berbatov and Rooney are ahead of him.Then there is Macheda and Wellbeck.Plus with the £80m from Ronaldo deal it's a fair assumption that Fergie will be bringing in another world star.

My posting is fine! just :drunken:

As for Campbell.. guess its all about opinions etc but i wouldnt want us to be paying 6M for him..

I haven't seen much of him to be honest but £6m is the sort of price you'd expect.Think Chopra and Nugent in recent seasons.To be honest i don't think the likes of Fryatt,Cox,Lambert and Beckford will move for much less and they were all League 1 last season.Again it reaffirms my opinion that Owen is a gamble well worth taking
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum