JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie

2 posters

Go down

Freddie Empty Freddie

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Seems the reports that he was finished may be a bit premature. I really hope so and not just because he is a Villa player. The guy seems a real down to earth bloke with no airs and graces. Why he signed for us when he did, I really do not know and then he was told to play at left back when he had been a centre half for a semi final champions league team. Never once moaned. I really hope he makes a full recovery, though I do have my doubts.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Freddie Empty Re: Freddie

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Lutes its a real shame if he has to retire.. two massive losses from our defence now.. even if he does recover seems like it wont be at the begining of the season.. hence why we have been linked to Miguel to play RB and maybe keep Luke Young LB..

Also it was interesting to hear Capello say that he can possibly see Milner as RB in future years.. maybe Oneil might look to play him there and Bentley RM..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:15 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lutes its a real shame if he has to retire.. two massive losses from our defence now.. even if he does recover seems like it wont be at the begining of the season.. hence why we have been linked to Miguel to play RB and maybe keep Luke Young LB..

Also it was interesting to hear Capello say that he can possibly see Milner as RB in future years.. maybe Oneil might look to play him there and Bentley RM..

Didnt read the comments from Capello Ades, to be honest. He was excellentwhen he moved there v Chelski at home for the last half hour when we were chasing the game. What was the game he played there and got caught out though? I think he could do a good job there, I think he has the potential to play centre midfield to be honest. Saw him at Old Trafford for Newcastle early last season and he was MOTM in my opinion. Has good energy, can pass, tackle, has all the attributes.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Lutes its a tricky one because i think he can get better with his delivery and beating people but at RB that could be hard.. he would make a good CM too.. If we cant find a creative CM then wounldnt mind Milner playing there

Guess Oneil has a lot to mull over..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:40 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lutes its a tricky one because i think he can get better with his delivery and beating people but at RB that could be hard.. he would make a good CM too.. If we cant find a creative CM then wounldnt mind Milner playing there

Joking aside, he has to sort players out before pre season. No more of this tosh about players settling in, we need them for pre season IMO.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:45 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lutes its a tricky one because i think he can get better with his delivery and beating people but at RB that could be hard.. he would make a good CM too.. If we cant find a creative CM then wounldnt mind Milner playing there

Joking aside, he has to sort players out before pre season. No more of this tosh about players settling in, we need them for pre season IMO.

Do you actually believe that will happen?

The Berg article was just a hint that we just dont seem to take a risk on a guy who could develop into soemthing speaical.. actually Oneil has only taken a risk on Young and it paid of handsomely.. dont know why he doesnt back his judgement
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:47 pm

Ades, only saw a bit of that game yesterday, recall him getting on the end of a right wing cross and headinh narrowly wide. I read in the Daily Mail Ajax are going to bid £10 mil for him. Is he worth that?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:51 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Ades, only saw a bit of that game yesterday, recall him getting on the end of a right wing cross and headinh narrowly wide. I read in the Daily Mail Ajax are going to bid £10 mil for him. Is he worth that?

Lutes probbaly not.. but what price on talent.. clubs have paid 6m for the likes of Chopra Nugent and now Campbell.. besides owen can you see us getting anyone else in who could turn out to be a gem.. its not as if we take risks all the time.. so wats hamr in the odd one.. if not him then soemone else.. its not as if its gonna send our season or club in a downward spiral..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Ades, surely our main priority now is centre half and a creative cenre midfielder. We do need someone to score the easy goals as well, Owen may be that bloke. I think the club is in need of a massive boost as I think we all think the club is going back into the old stagnating ways and Ellis' comments the other day make it worse. I'm sure Randy Lerner is in it for the long haul and has done a great job, but we need to become a better team, we need to make Villa Park somewhere hard to play instead of getting 6 home wins. Disgrace and I dont think the fans can be blamed at all.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Lutes a CB creative CM and a TOP ST are all priorities IMO..

Haangeland Defour Bentley and a fox in the box like Owen or a good buy from abroad would be greatly appreciated..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Do agree Ades, and another few as well. Think Bentley would be a good signing, he can play centre mid as well. Know he is a cocky twat, but dont care as long as he performs on the pitch
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 pm

Lutes for 7M Bentley could be a bargian!! def worth taking a punt on..

also Lee Cattamole (sp) would be a good buy.. young and talented..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Got to say I was surprised Cattermole got in the team ahead of Gardner. I know I have said it before, but I think he could become a good footballer for our team and read this morning his younger brother Gary was a far better prospect.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Lutes the problem i see for Gardener is that he wont ever get to play in one fixed position.. i do think he is taleneted but seems like we have him down as a utility player.. moved around all over the place.. untill he can play one set position and get a run of games then he may neevr become as good as his ability has shown..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down