JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bentley to Villa?

4 posters

Go down

Bentley to Villa? Empty Bentley to Villa?

Post  Bedshammer Thu May 28, 2009 7:49 am

Aston Villa have inquired about midfielder David Bentley's future at Tottenham.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

From todays BBC Gossip Column
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Bentley to Villa? Empty Re: Bentley to Villa?

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:39 pm

If David Bentley was a mars bar he'd have licked himself to death.Fecking Prima Dona
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:50 pm

QB, you seem a bit grumpy tonight.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Beds for 8M i would gladly buy him.. last summer we wouldve been happy paying 15M for him.. would prefer a talent from abroad who could turn out to be a player that could turn into something special BUt oneil and our scouting network cant find these players.. and the ones already proven in England we cant get.. hell we couldnt even keep our Captain from moving to a club that finished 10th!!!

Bentley would be worth the punt because the guy def has talent and this would be his last chance at a top 6 club.. he could turn out to be one of those players that never fullfilled his talent but unforunatley despite a new owner and a top manager we are still a club that has to take a punt on a player that we might turn into a gem rather then buy a ready made one..

As for QB he's either not getting any lately bounce or he's rightly pissed off that we have lost two of our top stars in months and from what we have seen in the transfer market so far (Knight..Harewood..Shorey..Davies..Cuellar..Sidwell.. all brought for around 4M plus) he probbaly thinks we are fecked when it comes to replacements!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:05 pm

To be honest I am.
On Monday I was sent on a work's activity.Philosophy for People training.My God was it tedious.At the start we all had to stand up and introduce ourselves and state what our job was and what we liked most about working for the company.The general statement was it was the friendliness of the co workers, and I was the only fecker out of 30 people who said "the money".It would appear my attitude is not the best.
Yesterday I was called away from my workbench to attend an ethics presentation.Oh the joys of Powerpoint.And today I was once again called away from my bench to face an audit in the NDT area as i'm the only one qualified on site when the regular bloke is off.3 fecking days on being non productive doesn't do me any good.However, on the flipside i'm progressing nicely with my college course and i've just had 20 mins in the garage knocking shit out of my punchbag.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:07 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Beds for 8M i would gladly buy him.. last summer we wouldve been happy paying 15M for him.. would prefer a talent from abroad who could turn out to be a player that could turn into something special BUt oneil and our scouting network cant find these players.. and the ones already proven in England we cant get.. hell we couldnt even keep our Captain from moving to a club that finished 10th!!!

Bentley would be worth the punt because the guy def has talent and this would be his last chance at a top 6 club.. he could turn out to be one of those players that never fullfilled his talent but unforunatley despite a new owner and a top manager we are still a club that has to take a punt on a player that we might turn into a gem rather then buy a ready made one..

As for QB he's either not getting any lately bounce or he's rightly pissed off that we have lost two of our top stars in months and from what we have seen in the transfer market so far (Knight..Harewood..Shorey..Davies..Cuellar..Sidwell.. all brought for around 4M plus) he probbaly thinks we are fecked when it comes to replacements!!

And you can feck off as well.Mrs has got the decorators in, but that's not why i'm in a grump
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:26 pm

QBVILLA wrote:To be honest I am.
On Monday I was sent on a work's activity.Philosophy for People training.My God was it tedious.At the start we all had to stand up and introduce ourselves and state what our job was and what we liked most about working for the company.The general statement was it was the friendliness of the co workers, and I was the only fecker out of 30 people who said "the money".It would appear my attitude is not the best.
Yesterday I was called away from my workbench to attend an ethics presentation.Oh the joys of Powerpoint.And today I was once again called away from my bench to face an audit in the NDT area as i'm the only one qualified on site when the regular bloke is off.3 fecking days on being non productive doesn't do me any good.However, on the flipside i'm progressing nicely with my college course and i've just had 20 mins in the garage knocking shit out of my punchbag.

Philosophy for People, lol! That'd give me the hump, too. And everyone knows Ethics is a county near London. (Specially MPs). You work for a US company, don't you?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:27 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Beds for 8M i would gladly buy him.. last summer we wouldve been happy paying 15M for him.. would prefer a talent from abroad who could turn out to be a player that could turn into something special BUt oneil and our scouting network cant find these players.. and the ones already proven in England we cant get.. hell we couldnt even keep our Captain from moving to a club that finished 10th!!!

And you can feck off as well.Mrs has got the decorators in, but that's not why i'm in a grump

Ooh, QB, you never said! Which room are you having done?
What a Face
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:To be honest I am.

Philosophy for People, lol! That'd give me the hump, too. And everyone knows Ethics is a county near London. (Specially MPs). You work for a US company, don't you?

I certainly do.When the bullshit is stripped away and i'm busy with work i really enjoy my job.It pays well and I have a good craic with the lads i work with.However, there is an obsession with C.I events, six sigma,team bonding etc etc.Feck me it gets me down.Ok, i've not had a magnificent education and there's no doubt that I possess a great big working class chip onmy shoulder but surely making things/fixing things and then selling things for a profit has more merit than talking about making positive assumptions about people?
We were given scenarios and here's one:

Susie works in a team of 8 people.Her co workers notice that she spends a lot of time away from her desk chatting on her cell phone (Yank).What should her co workers do about this?

Here's my answer:
Mind their own fecking business, it's up to her manager to sort it out if she has personal problems or is in general a lazy bint.

That went down like a lead balloon.
I also had a minor row with an office worker who was on the same table (round of course, we're all equal blah blah blah) who said something about me being at my desk.I replied i didn't have a desk, i had a workbench and he sort of scoffed.Prick lost his smug look later on in the day when he found out that as a technician i was on £5k a year more than him.

Maybe i ought to open my mind and embrace these ideas?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Boundaryless behaviour is an expression invented by GE (who owned the company I work for for a few years) when they realised thinking outside the box was starting to sound cliched.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:55 pm

i've yet to meet a man who thinks inside the box.Mind you we do get quite creative when thinking about the best strategy for getting in there in the first place Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm

QBVILLA wrote:i've yet to meet a man who thinks inside the box.Mind you we do get quite creative when thinking about the best strategy for getting in there in the first place Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
Love the avatar, by the way.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:57 pm

I´m with QB on this

Since the point that I´ve had some level of input in who we employ ( i.e as my Father in Law has got older) I´ve positively discriminated in favour of people who don´t go out of their way to be everyones pal - I particularly like people who like going out on the lash and taking exotic holidays - they might be total arseholes - but to support the lifestyle they desire they tend to push that little bit more than the solid professional

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:33 am

Lionheart wrote:I´m with QB on this

Since the point that I´ve had some level of input in who we employ ( i.e as my Father in Law has got older) I´ve positively discriminated in favour of people who don´t go out of their way to be everyones pal - I particularly like people who like going out on the lash and taking exotic holidays - they might be total arseholes - but to support the lifestyle they desire they tend to push that little bit more than the solid professional

Gissa job then, i'm the perfect candidate
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:43 am

It'd be a heck of a commute though, QB.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:46 am

A minor inconvenience.I'm sure Lord Lion has a spare room in his staff quarters, and i could borrow his private jet to get home at weekends
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:26 am

QBVILLA wrote:A minor inconvenience.I'm sure Lord Lion has a spare room in his staff quarters, and i could borrow his private jet to get home at weekends

Maybe I could be your PA?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 am

Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:A minor inconvenience.I'm sure Lord Lion has a spare room in his staff quarters, and i could borrow his private jet to get home at weekends

his Pain in the Arse?
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:38 am

MrMagoo wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

his Pain in the Arse?

Laughing
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:40 am

MrMagoo wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

his Pain in the Arse?

Why not? It wouldn't require much effort on my part.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down