JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lion

5 posters

Go down

Lion Empty Lion

Post  Finn Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:17 pm

whats the Portugese press saying about Hlebs next move, is he Benfica or Brum bound Laughing
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Lion Empty Re: Lion

Post  Finn Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:29 pm

just read the Benfica website, he has turned them down for the delights of Small Heath scratch
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:27 pm

pig

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:31 pm

Rolling Eyes
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:33 pm

Finn

Sorry for the late reply - just checked a sports site here and it says he has foregone the challenge of playing in the CL to try to break the gypsys curse

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks Lion, as a noser i have to say thats an odd move though, he does have two legs doesnt he ?
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Would be a major coup if you get him

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 pm

He's a great player. If he just added a bit more end product he would be a top top star.
Oh and he also needs to sort his head out but maybe his ill fated jump from Arsenal to Barcelona might have done that.
I'd love to see him back in the PL.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 am

jak wrote:He's a great player. If he just added a bit more end product he would be a top top star.
Oh and he also needs to sort his head out but maybe his ill fated jump from Arsenal to Barcelona might have done that.

He was great with Cesc and Flamini in Arsenal's midfield, then he became a star and moved to Barca. A lot of that was to do with the fact he didn't much like being kicked around in English football, he thought he'd be better protected in Spain. He was, he didn't get a game!
If he's back in the Prem then he knows what to expect - good luck to him. Oh yes, I liked him so much I had him on the back of my Arsenal shirt of the time - there's a reference!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:52 am

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:He's a great player. If he just added a bit more end product he would be a top top star.

He was great with Cesc and Flamini in Arsenal's midfield, then he became a star and moved to Barca. A lot of that was to do with the fact he didn't much like being kicked around in English football, he thought he'd be better protected in Spain. He was, he didn't get a game!
If he's back in the Prem then he knows what to expect - good luck to him. Oh yes, I liked him so much I had him on the back of my Arsenal shirt of the time - there's a reference!

Finn's already got a similiar name on the back of his Blues shirt.All he'll need to do is change the 'P' for a 'H' and it's job done
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 am

Laughing
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:29 am

Lionheart wrote:Finn

Sorry for the late reply - just checked a sports site here and it says he has foregone the challenge of playing in the CL to try to break the gypsys curse

Methinks you are taking the gypsy's kiss!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:54 pm

1550: A bit more on that Aleksander Hleb signing by Birmingham, according to ITV Football the Belarusian turned down offers from Liverpool, Tottenham and Benfica because the Blues "wanted to do the deal more". Blimey.

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:28 pm

He'll be a big fish in a litle pond and guaranteed star status............
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:30 pm

Finn wrote:He'll be a big fish in a litle pond and guaranteed star status............

Which is what he's seeking, poor love. Give the man some love, respect - he'll be a top performer for you. As long as you've got players who can give and get clever passes.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:52 pm

All joking aside the Blues have done some good business in this window.i've always rated derbyshire and in Hleb they've got a proper footballer.He's in for a culture shock mind.the Emirates, the nou Camp, St Andrews............. Shocked
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:05 pm

QBVILLA wrote:All joking aside the Blues have done some good business in this window.i've always rated derbyshire and in Hleb they've got a proper footballer.He's in for a culture shock mind.the Emirates, the nou Camp, St Andrews............. Shocked

It will be quite nostalgic - reminding him of the parks pitches he grew up playing on in communist Belarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Lionheart wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:All joking aside the Blues have done some good business in this window.i've always rated derbyshire and in Hleb they've got a proper footballer.He's in for a culture shock mind.the Emirates, the nou Camp, St Andrews............. Shocked

It will be quite nostalgic - reminding him of the parks pitches he grew up playing on in communist Belarus

Not a patch on Sidwell but hey I'll give him a chance Wink
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down